DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

Ok...pics or it didn't happen. Here be the pics and other nonsense to demonstrate the insane push I'm getting from my current employer. (Pics spoilered for size)

YItB1xZ.jpg

CfucInc.jpg

jLbRC9z.jpg

I need one of those shirts. XLT or XXL. Make it happen. Chop, chop.

Worked at a smaller STL-area radio station for about nine years...was fun while it lasted despite being a low-key board op position.  Did just about every shift at the place at some point or another; oddly, one of the only shows I never ran was the wrestling-themed "Stranghold" show.  Highlights include the time Richard Simmons called in for a phone interview and the time Illinois Congressman Barack Obama was in the studio for the morning show.

I went to Broadcast Center in St. Louis, so I really should look into radio job openings in the general area...

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm in a tiny little market so "big fish in a little pond" is totally the order of the day. I knew as soon as my first daughter was on the way I wasn't going to do the "radio gypsy" thing, hopping market to market.

I'm EXTREMELY nailed down with the house I own, so relocation would be problematic at best for me.  They told me in broadcasting school to be prepared to relocate and I was just fortunate to get a radio job relatively close to home.  Most of the STL stations are under a handful of bigger umbrellas, so it can be tough to get one's foot in the door.  Trying to decide if I want to get back into radio or eventually go back to school to find a different career path.

Just figured out how to use the ignore function on here. 

That makes reading threads a little bit easier.

=-

oh, and I'm the father of a two year old who has figured out she needs the bigger room to keep all her stuff in.

Not trying to get a political war rolling here but THIS made me happy. My state makes Texas look sane and smart so to see our governor and legislature slapped the fuck down on something like this makes me smile.

*edit for shitty link*

The Idaho gay marriage ban was struck down by the 9th circuit appeals court as unconstitutional.

After 3 days of rest, prescription eye drops, and very little use of prescription drugs (have a slight issue with most painkillers from seeing all of my childhood wrestling heroes die way too young.  It's quirky issue  but a thing I own up to), My eye is returning back to normal appearance and my sight is getting pbetter from my scratched cornea.

Ok...pics or it didn't happen. Here be the pics and other nonsense to demonstrate the insane push I'm getting from my current employer. (Pics spoilered for size)

YItB1xZ.jpg

CfucInc.jpg

jLbRC9z.jpg

Still waiting.  Let's go.  Chop, chop.

YItB1xZ.jpg

CfucInc.jpg

jLbRC9z.jpg

Still waiting on my Hawaii souvenir.  Get on it, bucko.

Got to be a part of a comedy showcase at the new Fairview Heights club last night.  Had a good time, feel like I did well, and even got paid for the performance.  Have always considered the comedy thing to be a hobby and it's just a nice perk on the handful of occasions that I've been paid to do it.

• Like 2

YItB1xZ.jpg

CfucInc.jpg

jLbRC9z.jpg

Still waiting on my Hawaii souvenir.  Get on it, bucko.

Andrew Luck sucks.

We're all beautiful in our own ways.

I'm taking my dad to the Jets/Broncos game tomorrow at MetLife. Got tickets through work. They're Coaches Club seats which are the stupidly expensive tickets that I'll probably never be able to afford, has all the free food and stuff. We're both stoked. Sure, the Jets are gonna get blown out, but at least I can have 19 steak sandwiches for the price of 0.00

• Like 1

Wife and I got back from her mother's oncology appointment.  Biopsy results changed the initial diagnosis of almost certainly metastatic lung cancer to we don't know what the fuck it is, but it ain't cancer.

Still a lot of uncertainty, but that's a damn good first step.

• Like 4

Had a bug stuck behind my TV's display.  I had one stuck in front of the image inbetween the plastic outer thing.  That was taken care of by careful application of a Sega Saturn racing wheels suction cup to slowly coax it towards the bottom and out of sight.  This one was behind the actual image.  So I couldn't just use the same trick.  I bought compressed air and took the back off the TV and blew into it.  Didn't move.  It was 7 inches in and 4 inches up on the left bottom of the screen. It looked like a pencil mark. Tried the steering wheel just in case and it actually worked.  But then it got stuck about a quarter inch from the bottom.  Annoying, but better.  Put up with that for a week, then got another hair up my ass.  Took it apart again and shot air in it.  Hit it and spun in in all directions.  Then the bug moved up two inches.  Went nuclear for a few seconds.  Then came upon an obscure combination Of tapping near the bug with ripped up paper towel on my fingers with the TV on and on a pure white browser tab.  This made the bug sway like it was attached to a wire.  After many sweaty minutes I came upon the magic sequence that made it drop down and out of sight.

Needless to say I'm pretty fucking pleased right now.