DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I finally got my Titan to level 15 last night. 

These words apply to me too.

Part of this was that I cashed in multiple bounties last night so I got two levels.

JT and I had the misfortunte of playing a Control match where the entire other squad was made up of dudes from the same Clan and they were all 20+

Thankfully the Control bounty is to just participate... not win.

At least at 7-6, I have a winning record at the Crucible (we had 2 wins and 2 losses last night.) even if it is only by one match. 

When we're against players of similar level and gear, we handle ourselves pretty well.  That clan were were up against last night in that Control match was badass.  It did not help that there were cowards on our team. 

I managed to escape that shit with a .91 K/D ratio by backing myself into a corner and just shooting at the people coming to get me.  Eventually the members of the other team just ignored me and focused capturing flags and ending the match.  We were so far behind, the only thing left for us to do was hunt heads.

Crucible matches are leveling my Bladedancer abilities quite nicely.

I am going to put the breaks on my main character and level up a Warlock alt until Mark is GTG for the Devil's Lair.  It is getting to the point where I am starting to earn Vanguard and Crucible Marks.  I don't want to get too far ahead of Mark or Rippa. 

LEEEEROOYYYYY JENKINSSSSSS~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rippa needs to get a new jumpship and scrap the shitty shitty Arcadia class hooptie he's flying..

• Like 1

Don't forget that its the weekend.   If you have any Strange Coins, you can turn them in to Xur, The Agent of the Nine.

IIRC, he hangs around the Speakers area of the tower until 12AM PST Monday morning..

I am going to tackle at least part of the Moon since I am now getting bounties available to me for stuff on the moon

I would love my new sniper rifle more if my Titan wasn't built for maximum face punching

I am going to tackle at least part of the Moon since I am now getting bounties available to me for stuff on the moon

I would love my new sniper rifle more if my Titan wasn't built for maximum face punching

Well, once we get this Devil's Lair Challenge done and hopefully net two or three achievements in one shot (Complete a Strike, Full Fireteam of Clan Members, No One Dies), I am going to push ahead in the story as far as my main character's level will allow and start doing Moon related Vanguard Bounties to earn Vanguard Marks.

I'll work a Titan and Warlock alt up to 20 for the achievements, but I will probably delete them after that.  My Human Hunter will be my main.

And yeah, most Titan Strikers like you I have come across typically use a Shotgun as their Special for the Blam / Punch CQB combo and pack Machine Guns as their Heavy Weapons.

They use scoped primary weapons for long distance work.  I've rarely seen Titans sniping, but it doesn't mean that there aren't any Sniping Titans out there. 

Keep that Sniper Rifle handy, though.  We already know that the key to not dying in the Walker portion of the Devil's Lair raid is not to be a dumbass and get up in the tank's grill.  Death From A Distance and to paraphrase Kal Reegar would say, kill that mother fucker with bug bites.

I have 3 more Control matches to compete in before finishing up another Crucible Bounty and I am nearly halfway through Kill 20 Players With A Melee Attack.

Kill 15 Players With A Special Attack needs somw work..

It may be a PVP kinda afternoon when I get back from Maryland.

Apparently, there was a way to buy an infinite number of strange coins from Xur but of course it gets patched.

Fuck Bungie at this point.

ngbbs51255359f0b71.jpg

If using glitches to cheat = fun then I am all for Bungie clamping down on fun.

• Like 2

JT, as far as joining a faction goes, just go look at the armor for each faction.  They have different abilities (carry more ammo for a weapon type).  I went with Dead Orbit since they had the Hunter armor that carried more auto rifle ammo (I think they may have a piece that carries more scout rifle ammo as well, but I can't remember right now).  If you are going to be playing crucible, you might as well put down the 2500 glimmer to purchase the cloak/mark/bond and get the faction rank up at the same time so you can use the crucible marks earneed to purchase the armor.  

I think I will hold off until Tuesday to get the rest of my vanguard marks (I have 110/150, after purchasing a chest armor) and purchase Dr. Nope, as that is about the best auto rifle you can purchase, going by specs that is.

*edit* Be sure to equip the cloak/mark/bond when you're playing in the crucible to rank up.  Just having it doesn't mean shit.  Also, you will not accrue Vanguard rep when doing missions if you have the faction cloak equipped.  

I had a fairly eventful evening playing Destiny, update forthcoming.

okay, so yesterday morning when the bounties reset, I went ahead and done the 200 sensor mites, 6 patrols, and 9000xp without dying which pushed me up to level 2 vanguard rank.  When I got home from work at midnight, those bounties were unlocked again, so I completed them again.  Whatevs, more xp=more motes of light and legendary engrams (that turn out to be rares...fml).  Anyway, I finished the daily vanguard bounties, and I'm sitting at 92 vanguard marks for the week.  Since I was rolling solo, I decided to rock some crucible.  Things didn't go that badly.  I ranked up to level 1 of dead orbit (I just haven't been focusing on crucible, been playing strikes and missions a lot) fairly quickly, completed a few crucible bounties, still have a couple left to do (14/20 melee kills, I completed the 5 controls, 15 supers, which was easy, because I'd sneak around the map picking stragglers off, and when I noticed a point getting taken, rather quickly I'd try to rush in and blade dance, usually getting 2-3 kills with my super per match).  

I did pick up a legendary ghost angel cloak for my hunter, I think when I get my dead orbit rank up to 2, I will start rocking that cloak.  

I've got 66 crucible marks now, 110 vanguard marks (I can make 8 more vanguard this week).

To me, Dead Orbit had the best armor to fit my play style.  I picked up the Vanguard chest piece that carries more scout ammo, but I may switch off to the D-O chest piece later to carry more auto rifle ammo.

I was running a rare hand cannon while doing the vanguard bounties also.  That thing is a beast, holds 11 rounds, I may be forced to break that bad boy out for the crucible

Also, I'm running a green Shingen C when playing crucible, the bottom half of the mag deals additional damage.  These are the modifiers you need to watch out for.  

*edit* Nearly forgot, the event happened in the same place as 16 hours  earlier, with the devil walker & such.  However this time I didn't die and have my score reset, and I still got a gold (and an ascendant shard which I used for an armor upgrade) for killing that big sum'bitch.

640px-Fallen_Glimmer_drill.jpg

That's the bastard that I triple jumped into yesterday morning 

Edited by misanthrope304

Has anyone played Combined Arms yet? I'm curious to see what you guys think.

I played one and it played exactly like the other mode map with guns and turrets.

I played one and it played exactly like the other mode map with guns and turrets.

There is probably an xp bump for killing with a vehicle, or killing a vehicle, but that'd be a guess

It was also the first time I played a match to the time limit.

I don't know what it was but the match fucking dragged.

Part of it might have been that this was the first Crucible anything I have done that had multiple dropping out. Like at least a half a dozen guys bailed

I boots'ed my way to level 22, did a bunch of strikes, got motes of light for XP (that happens now) to go to 23, and spent my Vanguard Marks on Legendary Armour. Which made me level 24. Did a level 22 Strike off the playlist and got a Legendary Engram for it, which turned out to be a Purple Auto Rifle.

Also, I maxed out everything on the Voidwalker side, so I've been switching to Sunsinger to cash in bounties, and for basic patrols and things. It turns out you need helium filaments to toughen up Warlock armour, so I've been hanging about on the moon. I would have guessed it would be Spirit Bloom for Warlocks, but apparently that's something else.

The Strange Coin guy wasn't in the same spot this week, he was off near a big flag in Tower North.

I boots'ed my way to level 22, did a bunch of strikes, got motes of light for XP (that happens now) to go to 23, and spent my Vanguard Marks on Legendary Armour. Which made me level 24. Did a level 22 Strike off the playlist and got a Legendary Engram for it, which turned out to be a Purple Auto Rifle.

Also, I maxed out everything on the Voidwalker side, so I've been switching to Sunsinger to cash in bounties, and for basic patrols and things. It turns out you need helium filaments to toughen up Warlock armour, so I've been hanging about on the moon. I would have guessed it would be Spirit Bloom for Warlocks, but apparently that's something else.

The Strange Coin guy wasn't in the same spot this week, he was off near a big flag in Tower North.

#jealousofpurpleautorifle

Which one did it give you?  I've played so much and gotten so many purples that turned out to be blue that I've all but given up on the drops...I know that once I have the gear purchased, I'll start getting the drops

Went back to Venus for the story missions and breezed past the story bosses.  Just spammed the Gate Lord Vex with rockets :D .

I will say, that while I am not a fan of the Destiny story, I think the stuff with the Awoken and the Queen of the Reef was well done.  I just wish there were more scenes like this available in the game.  

Went back to Venus for the story missions and breezed past the story bosses.  Just spammed the Gate Lord Vex with rockets :D .

I will say, that while I am not a fan of the Destiny story, I think the stuff with the Awoken and the Queen of the Reef was well done.  I just wish there were more scenes like this available in the game.  

Agreed. It's like Bungie spent more time putting together the lore and trying to make it a loot-based Halo gameplay than crafting a great storyline. And I don't mean for a slightly bored and sarcastic Peter Dinklage telling you what's going on to constitute a 'story.'

• Like 1