DVDVR Message Board

Banning question.

Jerry Hattrick

The best board bet was Faithless Shitbum. Just typing that out makes me laugh.

God...There's so much we haven't touched on, like the (here we go down the rabbit hole) fact that we used to have a fucking drunk posting thread, Team Beefy vs Team Giltteratti, and dudes posting about getting high off of Nutmeg well before that was even a thing on YouTube. Shit, I bet that pre-dated people doing that on YouTube by years. How some of us never got banned is beyond me, but I think we all came close.

And speaking of hating 21 year old me, or something to that effect, I really hate looking back at 24 year old me and the awful, horrible, dumb post-strip club visit I had. Truth be told, I have only been to a strip club one other time since then, and that was for my bachelor party, where it was the worst part about my bachelor party.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Since I started this stroll down memory lane, I just HAVE to ask: whatever happened to my nemesis from the CE forum, NWAVirginia, a.k.a. "Rick?"

Rick is Rick Silver and he still posts (albeit not a lot) under that name.

I thought that was Rick O'Brian?

And speaking of hating 21 year old me, or something to that effect, I really hate looking back at 24 year old me and the awful, horrible, dumb post-strip club visit I had. Truth be told, I have only been to a strip club one other time since then, and that was for my bachelor party, where it was the worst part about my bachelor party.

Since you mentioned it--your account of that years-ago strip club trip is why I grew to dislike you.  I try to not be easily offended.  However, I was with your very descriptive account of your visit. Prior to that, I thought you were pretty likeable. 

Maybe you were going through something at the time and was using the board to work your way through it, as a form of carthasis.  I should have been more open-minded to that, but your description seemed vulgar to me.  So I labeled you as persona non grata. I went into F*CK OFF BANK HOLDUP mode. 

I sent you a few PMs in some attempt of letting bygones be bygones, or at the very least agreeing to stay in our respective corners of the board. But then you would come back and laugh with everyone how I had sent you said messages.  I wasn't embarrassed by your so-called revelations. I just thought it was a sh*tty thing to do. I was sincere in my PMs and thought they were the best way of communicating about our differences. But I guess you didn't believe me.  And it reinforced my already negative opinion of you.

After that, I figured, f*ck you with a chainsaw, so to speak.  Being nice to you wasn't worth the time or effort, and it was easier to forget you existed on DVDVR.  Which, until a few weeks ago, I did.

If anyone was wondering about how BLR came to hate Banky/Craig, there's your answer.

For the record--no, I'm not angry with or repulsed by Craig anymore.

I had just broken up with my girlfriend of five years and I didn't enjoy three of those years, I was in the best shape of my life, I discovered partying and drinking beer was a lot of fun (with a lot of consequences), and that was part of that. I've obviously grown up a lot since then. With getting back in shape again though and virtually living a single life, I can't see myself going through a similar period. If anything, I'd be limiting myself to wine tastings and the like, and less getting blotto'd at the bar and doing keg stands to impress people that aren't even my friends anymore.

Sorry to have offended you though, I can be fairly immature at times. That immaturity is slowly being beaten out of me each and every day by someone far more immature than I ever was.

It just felt wrong to see that from someone who until then, had been pretty happy-go-lucky. It went from "Cool, he's a Colts fan too" to "WTF did you just say?  Keep that to yourself!"

I was being judgemental. One of the traits of my sparkling personality. :)

And Cristobal--I have never wanted to dislike a post so much before until yours.  Just no.  I will not be getting down with Billy Zane's younger brother. :lol:

Since you mentioned it--your account of that years-ago strip club trip is why I grew to dislike you. I try to not be easily offended. However, I was with your very descriptive account of your visit. Prior to that, I thought you were pretty likeable.

Maybe you were going through something at the time and was using the board to work your way through it, as a form of carthasis. I should have been more open-minded to that, but your description seemed vulgar to me. So I labeled you as persona non grata. I went into F*CK OFF BANK HOLDUP mode.

I sent you a few PMs in some attempt of letting bygones be bygones, or at the very least agreeing to stay in our respective corners of the board. But then you would come back and laugh with everyone how I had sent you said messages. I wasn't embarrassed by your so-called revelations. I just thought it was a sh*tty thing to do. I was sincere in my PMs and thought they were the best way of communicating about our differences. But I guess you didn't believe me. And it reinforced my already negative opinion of you.

ETC ETC ETC

What the fuck is this? You're posting on a pro wrestling board, by no means a bastion of the values of Susan B. Anthony, and you're offended because some drunk guy posted he liked the smell of stripper perfume? And then are appauled that he can't take whatever issues you conveyed via PM seriously? Talk about neurotic.
  • Like 3

Someone else, and I apologize that I can't remember who, summed it up thusly (paraphrased):

"Fowler is the only guy nice enough to go back and edit out the snarky response.  Natural is too nice to have ever written it."

I'm still trying to figure out who Craig H is that I'm beating the immaturity out of him every day. Who is this mysterious being? Can I be stopped? Probably. (Yes, I think I know who he's actually referring to, just trying to be silly.)