DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

so yeah, that's an interesting development?

granted, the random internet source claimed Punk as the instigator for the whole thing (in a "i'm going home" sense). Which considering the recent record of accurate internet news about the WWE means he's going off TV for awhile to heal up any nagging injuries and becoming Corporate CM Punk in April.

I know it's early and nobody knows anything yet, but it sure sounds like Punk quit. Which wouldn't be the biggest shocker in the world, since it's pretty clear he doesn't give a fuck at the moment.

FSW, can you call him up and get us an update?

• Like 1

CM Punk recently took part in an extensive video interview with MMAFighting.com where he discussed a number of topics, including his contract status with WWE, Ultimate Warrior, the Michelle Beadle situation and the WWE Network.

CM Punk revealed during the interview that his contract expires in July. As of the interview, CM Punk said there have been no discussions about signing a new one and that he isn’t sure whether he wants to remain with the company.

“Everything is up in the air,” he said. “Plus, if I say yes and I don’t then I was lying. If I say no and I re-sign I was full of [expletive].”

“Three years ago, I was out the door. I was 100 percent, ‘No, I’m not re-signing’ and now, this time just, to avoid little bit of déjà vu, I think I’m going to dance around that question,” he added.

CM Punk said that his boss changes about every six months and doesn’t know who his boss is currently.

He does prefer to go straight to Vince McMahon to get things done. He said that he has a direct line to McMahon being as though they both don’t sleep very much.

“I go through like a cycle where I just kind of stay out of the way and I don’t talk to anybody, but then I realize I do have this ability to communicate with Vince McMahon, the guy I used to watch commentate.” 

just something from a few days ago

Damn, now I'm worried about The Waiter.

You guys remember what a cold streak FSW had in terms of both quality posts and accumulated "likes" the last time Punk disappeared? 

It turned into his Dick Jones phase.  No one wants to revisit that.

HANG IN THERE, PUNK!

CM Punk recently took part in an extensive video interview with MMAFighting.com where he discussed a number of topics, including his contract status with WWE, Ultimate Warrior, the Michelle Beadle situation and the WWE Network.

CM Punk revealed during the interview that his contract expires in July. As of the interview, CM Punk said there have been no discussions about signing a new one and that he isn’t sure whether he wants to remain with the company.

“Everything is up in the air,” he said. “Plus, if I say yes and I don’t then I was lying. If I say no and I re-sign I was full of [expletive].”

“Three years ago, I was out the door. I was 100 percent, ‘No, I’m not re-signing’ and now, this time just, to avoid little bit of déjà vu, I think I’m going to dance around that question,” he added.

CM Punk said that his boss changes about every six months and doesn’t know who his boss is currently.

He does prefer to go straight to Vince McMahon to get things done. He said that he has a direct line to McMahon being as though they both don’t sleep very much.

“I go through like a cycle where I just kind of stay out of the way and I don’t talk to anybody, but then I realize I do have this ability to communicate with Vince McMahon, the guy I used to watch commentate.” 

just something from a few days ago

Punk made an interesting point in that interview about how much money he would be losing on PPV bonus checks by WWE ditching the Pay Per View model and putting all the shows on the Network for so cheap.

To be fair to Triple H, he has twice ended Mania tapping out.

Laugh all you want, but I really think it'll happen. Triple H is generous about putting people over on only one night of the year.

Its like that episode of Scrubs where theres only one day a year Dr. Krldo day yes so theres a big line in front of his office.

Meltzer sez Punk told Vince right before RAW that he was done. Said WWE figured he was leaving in July. Punk told Vince it isn't any one thing, but a lot of things that have built up. Said Punk was the only one backstage and publicly upset about losing income from PPV buys and that the Network would give WWE a new revenue stream not covered under wrestlers contracts. Said a lot of guys are worried about it but Punk was the only one talking about it. Said Punk saved his money and couldn't stand being there anymore so he left.

Maybe Vince and Triple H need to look seriously at why all his top stars except Cena seemingly have a nervous breakdown, leave, and can only stand to be there part-time. Lesnar, Batista, Punk, Jericho, Austin (though that was mostly injury-related), I guess even Lashley...