DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

Punk has said many times before that purposely does the Bombs Away elbow and continues doing so because people like you get your Jimmies rustled.

Beat me to it.

That doesn't even make sense. He looks like a knob but he's going to keep looking like a knob because people in the internet think he looks like a knob.

I'm going to miss him.

• Like 2

Well, I mean, that's kinda what most of us are doing. The majority is of the feeling that what Punk is feeling makes sense and few are actively missing him right now. He's been without any kind of decent direction for awhile, so if he takes some time off, great.

Punk has said many times before that purposely does the Bombs Away elbow and continues doing so because people like you get your Jimmies rustled.

Beat me to it.

That doesn't even make sense. He looks like a knob but he's going to keep looking like a knob because people in the internet think he looks like a knob.

I'm going to miss him.

Oh come on, you of all people don't understand that point of view?

• Like 1

Beat me to it.

I'm going to miss him.

It's more that people take it too seriously and act like idiots about him looking terrible doing the elbow. It also isn't hurting him, or his opponent, so why not.

Yes, I'm sure the reason why he's a shitty athletic is to stick it to all the on-line internet wrestling marks, not because he's, ya know, a shitty athlete.

Beat me to it.

I'm going to miss him.

Oh come on, you of all people don't understand that point of view?

That's like comparing Bud Lite with Cognac. The harder you try the weaker the troll job.

I'm the Cognac BTW

Well, a few things on Punk.

One, for years I thought it made sense that WWE should use older stars on cycles. Where the old days, these guys would have already gone to WCW, nowadays you can guys back in for short runs.  However, I don't think they've managed the system well. I can understand Punk's and other people's frustration. I mean, Jericho has been used to mainly put people over, so that's fine. Rock is Rock, but his run was a bit of a flop. Lesnar has been used good, but not perfect, and Batista is back basically on a regular deal so he clearly should be a top player, but they probably should haven't made it so much of a foregone conclusion.

Two, you don't walk out on your contract. This isn't quite an Austin situation, but you fulfill your obligations.

Three, I imagine this kind of stuff proves Vince's point for him. The knock on Punk that he was always a whiny, malconent that didn't have the stuff that a true #1 should have. Well, when you randomy walk out on the company that tends to confirm that. You can argue that if Punk was booked like Cena he'd be happier, but then you get into the argument of whether he could hang at Cena's level in all facets. It's like when everyone ranted that RVD was underpushed because the company didn't trust, and the minute they give him the belt he gets arrested. Jeff Hardy was the same way. Edge was always injury-prone etc.

Four, there's a reasonable chance Punk is back sooner rather than later, but you can imagine that walking out of a WM "main event" match is something that the company, and probably a lot of older wrestlers, will be absolutely appalled by. I think Punk, unless this is a situation wherer there's some serious injuries that we don't know about, will probably one day regret.

• Like 3

I get that the dude has a bad elbow drop, but saying he's the most un-athletic wrestler of all time is just sickening when we're less than 72 hours removed from one-half of the Mania main event looking like he was going to pass out as soon as he got into the ring.

• Like 5

I get that the dude has a bad elbow drop, but saying he's the most un-athletic wrestler of all time is just sickening when we're less than 72 hours removed from one-half of the Mania main event looking like he was going to pass out as soon as he got into the ring.

Come on Dougie you know that's a horrid comparison.

Has anyone checked on the widow Gonzales?

My big prob w/ Punk is that he's like the most non-athletic wrestler of all-time. He can't blame it on being a bucket of flubber either, like a One Man Gang could. He's just a nerd that loved wrestling so he became a wrestler. He has a lot of endurance, she he can run forever...but when he has to do something like, say, jump (I'm looking at you shitty Elbow Drop) it always looks super sloppy, Double Dare style.

He's fucking awkward.

Daniel Bryan suffers from some of it too. That's why when he does something like the turnbuckle backflip it always looks like junk. That shit can take me right outta a match.

A big reason why I liked a lot of the older wrestler, like a Bret Hart, Rick Rude, Tito Santana or Rick Martel, is because no matter what they did, it looked good. If it looked like shit, they cut it outta their damn repertoire. Why do guys today, like Punk & Bryan, keep doing shit that looks horrendous? It's a visual medium...

There's not one fuckin' road agent in the back telling Punk to stop doing the worst elbow drop of all-time in every single match, really?

It's impossible not to agree about Punks elbow drop but I totally disagree about the DBryan corner backflip. To me it looks great 9 out of 10 times. Plus he has cut back on using it, he's not pulling it out every match these days.

I think Punks gotten so good at working the internet that no of us really know what's up with him. I will say I would have liked Punk vs HHH and DBryan vs HBK at Mania. Shit I'd have even gone for a tag match with those same 4 the next month.

My big prob w/ Punk is that he's like the most non-athletic wrestler of all-time. He can't blame it on being a bucket of flubber either, like a One Man Gang could. He's just a nerd that loved wrestling so he became a wrestler. He has a lot of endurance, she he can run forever...but when he has to do something like, say, jump (I'm looking at you shitty Elbow Drop) it always looks super sloppy, Double Dare style.

He's fucking awkward.

Daniel Bryan suffers from some of it too. That's why when he does something like the turnbuckle backflip it always looks like junk. That shit can take me right outta a match.

Bryan is a lot of things a shitty athlete isn't one of them.  Did you watch him after the hot tag on Monday night?  He is an exceptional athlete, and if his lack of athleticism takes you out of a match, why do you watch wrestling at all?  I'd say most main event wrestlers over the last 20 or so years, Shawn Michaels is probably the only one more athletic than Daniel Bryan.

• Like 1

Has anyone checked on the widow Gonzales?

He's pouting about not being able to tell a blow-up doll from an actual human being.

• Like 2

How is it though? You make a broad statement like CM Punk's the most unatheltic worker of all time in a company that employs Great Khali and has Batista in a main event slot.