DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

RonL21

At least Carolina is a mirror image and will be in warmer weather. They will be very tough as well but I'm happy for them to get out of that "shit hole" haha..

You'll pay for that, although I do agree with you and I live here.

• Like 1

Was he going to play defense on the final drive too?

IF THAT'S WHAT IT TOOK~!

But, no, seriously, I guess the argument would be that maybe the Pack would have scored more points?  I guess?  Or that Brady just has magic winning powers?

Well, if the Saints manage to do what they completely failed to do in the regular season and defeat the Seahawks in Seattle, the 49ers would actually have a chance to host the NFC Championship Game if they in turn beat Carolina.

Of course, while we're talking dream scenarios, I'd like to win the lottery too.

History shows that if a team loses on the road and has to go back there for the playoffs that it goes the other way more than you think.

I'm not saying the Saints are absolutely going to win but they have a decided puncher's chance.

I may have nightmares after that Gus Johnson/Bill Raffetry delivering birth commercial.   :wacko:

That was easily one of the worst commercials I've ever seen.  Awful, awful, awful.

Question: So the 49ers burned a timeout to start the second half.  If you're in that situation, wouldn't you rather your QB took the delay of game instead of burning the timeout?  I mean, isn't 1st and 15 with 14:55 left in the 3rd a lot better than having not enough timeouts late in the 4th?

Question: So the 49ers burned a timeout to start the second half.  If you're in that situation, wouldn't you rather your QB took the delay of game instead of burning the timeout?  I mean, isn't 1st and 15 with 14:55 left in the 3rd a lot better than having not enough timeouts late in the 4th?

It's part of the Cost Of Doing Business with Kaepernick as the QB.  Timeouts get burned like that every game, usually several, it's been happening since he became the starter and at this point it just seems like it's the way it's going to be.  As is walking the razor's edge as far as changing plays at the line and almost getting called for Delay Of Game on a regular basis throughout a given game.

Though it does, of course, perhaps offer an explanation/illustration of why the 49ers are particularly Non-Competitive when they go to Seattle (which while clearly a difficult place to play for everybody, is also clearly not impossible for other teams in the league.  Arizona actually even WON up there).