DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

Waaaaaait. There website says Santino is a co-owner and Yuki Ishikawa is the head trainer.

My brain is not working now.

As I said, that's what he's been doing instead of wrestling. Santino used to do that kind of stuff, so it's not that surprising.

Okay, I just notice that the woman they have listed as Administration is in a bikini top. Did they not have any other photos? That's what she's known for, but that's kind of hilarious.

I've heard guys complaining about gaijin flying themselves in, but have no idea who that would be.

Could anyone shine some light on guys who pay their own way to Japan to wrestle? 

Pretty sure any of the (UK indy promotion) 4FW guys who've done tours in Michinoku Pro have flown themselves in.

Bit of an awkward question this. I'm watching the last DGUSA show, is Yosuke Santa Maria really transgender? I thought it was just an exotico gimmick at first, but then, he/she seems to be developing breasts...

I was there and from my vantage point, I'm pretty sure he wears some kind of prosthetic under his gear.

I have no clue about being legit transgender outside of the ring, but they seem to be going that way with the character either way.

I was wondering about some of the small indies in Japan. I keep an eye on the photo albums at http://blog.livedoor.jp/namkabuan/  he goes to a lot of shows and takes a lot of photos, so check that out. Can anyone give me any information on any of these organisations?

-HEAT-UP

-ZERO

-Student Wrestling Summit (through google translate, it's also tagged NUWA and UWF)

-Pacific Ocean Wrestling

-Matsue Dandan Pro Wrestling (MDPW)

-Otachi Pro (OPG)

-Kyushu Wrestling Federation (KWF)

-Tottori Darazu

Is Secret Base still running? Style-E?

Was the "WISH Fight of the ring" event at the Shin-Kiba 1st Ring venue on the 11th just a one-off charity thing?

Any information on any of this would be appreciated, I've found a few of these promotions on youtube too, and don't know who anyone is, are there results sites that cover these guys?

I was wondering about some of the small indies in Japan. I keep an eye on the photo albums at http://blog.livedoor.jp/namkabuan/  he goes to a lot of shows and takes a lot of photos, so check that out. Can anyone give me any information on any of these organisations?

-HEAT-UP

-ZERO

-Student Wrestling Summit (through google translate, it's also tagged NUWA and UWF)

-Pacific Ocean Wrestling

-Matsue Dandan Pro Wrestling (MDPW)

-Otachi Pro (OPG)

-Kyushu Wrestling Federation (KWF)

-Tottori Darazu

Is Secret Base still running? Style-E?

Was the "WISH Fight of the ring" event at the Shin-Kiba 1st Ring venue on the 11th just a one-off charity thing?

Any information on any of this would be appreciated, I've found a few of these promotions on youtube too, and don't know who anyone is, are there results sites that cover these guys?

I used to have an awesome dude that would send me stuff on the small Indys for my website, but last I talked to him he had been too busy to really follow so that section of my site hasn't been updated in two years.  I know its out of date but I don't want to take it off as it is still better than nothing.

The only one of those promotions I have is Kyushu Pro, but it shows the wrestlers and stuff:  http://puroresucentral.com/kyushupro.html

• Like 1

HEAT-UP is Kazuhiro Tamura's promotion. It uses a lot of the regular Freelance guys like Kenichiro Arai and Yuko Miyamoto. Occupation of the Indies now that it only airs once a month airs a lot of their shows since they don't do highlights of the bigger independents anymore.

Secret Base still runs every month at Nishi-Chofu Martial Arts Arena. They draw about 50 people. Everyone left Style-E and formed U-File.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info folks. I've been watching a load of stuff today and running all the names through google translate as I go. Never heard of most of them. Some are shite, some are pretty good, at least half of them have a Tiger Mask gimmick guy (Great Mutiger is decent) In general the quality varies wildly. I guess I'm surprised just how many promotions there are.

It turns out Kyushu Pro isn't the same thing as Kyushu Wrestling Federation, so that's another one to seek out.

How have I never seen this Hyper-Choshu-Aihara guy before? Apparently he was on a DDT show last year that didn't make tape, dude looks great and could easily be working for bigger groups than OPG.

Kintaro Kanemura will be promoting a 25th anniversary show in June at Korakuen Hall. He wants the undercard to be matches from other promotions like how Weekly Pro did back in 95 at the Tokyo Dome. Probably the best idea to get the show to draw.

Wonder if he can get New Japan/All Japan to send some mid-carders just to represent.  I mean Liger wrestles on Indy cards sometimes and he seems to enjoy it, plus Kanemura did wrestle in New Japan some.  One can dream, it could be a fun card if he still can pull some old strings.