vs Shibata Wrestle Kingdom 2013

vs Masato Tanaka Wrestle Kingdom 2011

vs Takayama Wrestle Kingdom 2012

vs Rhino from the NJPW USA show

vs Ishii 23.12.2012

vs Okada G1 Climax 2012

vs Okada Dominion 2013

vs Minoru Suzuki Dominion 2012

If NOAH were to fold I wonder where KENTA would wind up...

I've always wondered if NJPW would take him in if that were to happen. He'd probably have to be a junior again since their heavyweight division is pretty stacked and he's only 5'8", but the talent is pretty much all in the heavy division. I wouldn't want to see him just carry guys like the Young Bucks to half-decent matches.

Maybe AJPW would be more likely since he was originally with them pre-NOAH exodus. Maybe he'd even just retire...

Are more events becoming available this year than the last couple years?  I didn't really follow puroresu last year, but I remember people kvetching about shows not being available to watch.  So far this year just for January, by my count roughly 18 events are available to download from somewhere or another.  Trying to review every event from this year is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

You including openthedragongate and dailymotion? I'd have thought that there were MINIMUM 30 shows from 2014 online.

as for last year, pretty much everything made it online. I think any talk to the contrary stemmed from people who hadn't kept up with what the current puro hotspots were. I can only think of one show of relevance that has fallen through the cracks in the last 3 years - New Japan's July 2012 Tanahashi vs. Tanaka show.

Are more events becoming available this year than the last couple years?  I didn't really follow puroresu last year, but I remember people kvetching about shows not being available to watch.  So far this year just for January, by my count roughly 18 events are available to download from somewhere or another.  Trying to review every event from this year is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

You including openthedragongate and dailymotion? I'd have thought that there were MINIMUM 30 shows from 2014 online.

as for last year, pretty much everything made it online. I think any talk to the contrary stemmed from people who hadn't kept up with what the current puro hotspots were. I can only think of one show of relevance that has fallen through the cracks in the last 3 years - New Japan's July 2012 Tanahashi vs. Tanaka show.

Oh I wasn't even going into February, don't get me started :P  I think every New Japan event taped so far I have been able to find somewhere, so they account for about 10 events by themselves.

The Osaka Pro that we all know and love is finished as of April 20.

Vice President Black Buffalo made the announcement after the main event today, saying that everybody currently in Osaka Pro would be free on that date.  In addition, Buffalo said that he would be resigning from the company.

Various wrestlers also addressed the crowd.  Bodyguard will now become a theatre actor while referee Keigo Yoshino will be based out of Tokyo.  Ring announcer Shinjiro Miyao still will be in Osaka, but wants to focus on other activities.  Takoyakida has also seemingly left.

There still will be an anniversary show on April 29 under a new system by President Sakagami.  However, it doesn’t seem like any of the resigning wrestlers will be taking part in it.  No other details were given about who would be in the new system.

http://www.osakahurricane.com
So, Osaka Pro is basically dead. It's been slowly dying the last few years anyway due to money losses and talent losses.

Why are people even debating Makabe vs Nagata? Makabe is New Japan's #2 TV guy and a much better worker.

Granted, I haven't watched a tonne of 2013 New Japan yet, and nothing from 2014. And I did enjoy the Makabe/Okada match I watched. But Makabe must have had a hell of a last year-and-a-half if what you say is true. (More regarding Makabe being the #2 guy than being better than Nagata.)

I'd throw Kana in there (if we're including joshi), though she probably couldn't get past.... eh, Santino Marella?  Sharkboy?  That Cheeseburger dude from RoH?  But, yeah, she had a better year than most people who will be in the tourney.

I'm not showing up for March Madness, btw, so don't expect me to vote for her.  The tourney's reputation precedes it.  I'll pass.  Arguing with people on the internet over whether Harry Smith has better punches than CM Punk doesn't appeal to me much.

I threw Kana in there. She's up against Seth Rollins. And someone actually went out of their way this weekend to watch her matches and said :

Kana - Wow.  Okay.  Kana is either the worker that CM Punk wishes he could be or the worker I wish CM Punk would be based on his character.  Tomatoes, tomahtoes and all of that.  But I look at her work this psuedo shoot fight style and it should be what punk is doing in my opinion.  Anyway she is seriously making me think about voting against Seth Rollins and I wouldn't have thought that possible.  I think weakness wise, she does better in 10 minutes than in a longer 20 minute contest because its harder to keep up that level of intensity but she's still pretty enjoyable.

She's not going to win, but there are people who are actually excited about seeing new and different wrestlers from different parts of the globe. Just wanted to throw that out there in hopes it changes your mind about participating and anyone else who thinks this is going to a be super shit fest. We might actually have interesting discussion this year. 

Guest Edwin

Togi Makabe in GBH giving people the finger and swinging the chain maybe the most uninteresting, forced stuff in wrestling history.

He was basically a very, very poor copy of Dump Matsumoto.

Yeah, but I think he's going for who's stuff drew ratings on their weekly late night half hour TV slot, so if he does then he's right about that, but I have no clue if that's what he meant by TV guy.

Observation watching the NJPW Anniversary Show, hitting the Desperado/BUSHI/Capt New Japan vs. Tiger Mask/Liger/SSM match...

Its nice that NJPW gave the guys at Spike who did the music for FirePro work doing the dub over themes for the stuff they don't have the iPPV broadcast rights to.

EDIT: Something I've been meaning to ask.  Is there a particular reason that Ryusuke Taguchi does a full on Eddie Gurrerro tribute gimmick?