DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/8 - 4/14/2024 - The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

PWInsider reported WWE will be pulling back on the augmented reality stuff for at least the TV shows. So cutting down on the Holograms on tv. The latest Smackdown was said to be the last time for tv as it was.

Edited by Kang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Everyone expected Jacob last night, so debuting Tama instead was an interesting swerve. 

It's more recency bias with Jacob. I think people forget Tonga was even signed and Jacob being signed on the biggest week of the year for the company. I don't think it was a Swerve. It's possible they could have brought them both in but I think it's better to bring in Tonga first the way he did and let it breathe. Who knows we may get Zilla by the end of the year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kang said:

PWInsider reported WWE will be pulling back on the augmented reality stuff for at least the TV shows. So cutting down on the Holograms on tv. The latest Smackdown was said to be the last time for tv as it was.

RIP to the Rawbot and Smackdrone

17 hours ago, Kang said:

What's the UFC deal with Make a wish? I can't imagine they do anywhere as many except for the big major stars. Maybe they don't see it the same as WWE has over the years.

5 hours ago, dokdoyle said:

What's the UFC deal with Make a wish? I can't imagine they do anywhere as many except for the big major stars. Maybe they don't see it the same as WWE has over the years.

UFC done it some times in the past.

https://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-make-wish-southern-nevada-grant-vip-wish-experience-heart-transplant-recipient

18 hours ago, Kang said:

I can't stand those so I'm happy to see them dialed back. That Roman statue looked like shit. I never really understood why they pushed those so hard when they look sooooo bad. The fucking birds when Riddle who shoot his sandals off, just the worst. Cringiest of the cringe.

On one hand I'm Jey misses teaming and traveling with his twin brother but on the other hand, he probably wants to continue riding out being one of the other ginuwinly top acts on RAW and the company over all. I'm sure if the idea is to pit him back with Jimmy and Roman it's probably going to be a slow build. That match vs Jimmy exposed Jimmy even more as not being as good as Jey as a singles and probably more of a reason to get these two back together but as a Booker, if I was Hunter I'd keep Jey as a singles a little longer. They are doing great business anyway so they don't need it but with Jey being so over on his own and top selling merch I'd keep it going. I'm sure the Usos and the Bloodline with those 3 as faces would probably get over just as much. I just don't know about the Tribal Chief as a Babyface although people are probably ready for it

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 5:42 PM, Kang said:

Good. A few of them aren't bad (I actually like the Judgement Day druids thing for some reason) but I'll gladly give them up to get rid of the other awful ones.

• Like 1