DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2024

In the world's most exciting league, Ipswich are level with Leeds on points after getting held late at Hull. They play Coventry Tuesday before it all kicks off on Saturday.

• Like 1

Speaking of weird, there's a pretty solid chance St Pauli will clinch promotion to the Bundesliga with a win in their next match on Friday.

At their arch rivals HSV.

Why yes, it will be on ESPN+. Come for the footy, stay for the riot?

Screenshot_20240429-152402.png

The US and Mexico withdrew their bid to host the 2027 Women's World Cup. They will focus on a bid for 2031

That means the host for 2027 will either be Brazil or a joint bid of Germany/Belgium/Netherlands

Host will be announced on May 17

Ipswich do the business and control their own destiny. One point against a Huddersfield side with one foot in the grave (three points from safety, a minus-15 GD against the Plymouth side they need to leapfrog) and they're back in the Prem.

On 4/29/2024 at 9:31 PM, Pete said:

Speaking of weird, there's a pretty solid chance St Pauli will clinch promotion to the Bundesliga with a win in their next match on Friday.

At their arch rivals HSV.

Why yes, it will be on ESPN+. Come for the footy, stay for the riot?

Screenshot_20240429-152402.png

Really giddy, but I believe HSV will beat "us", still should make promotion...

Kiel is the love of my life talking cities, and I've been living here for 11 of the last 15 years. Never been more happy to live anywhere. So yeah, if this stays in the same order over the next few weeks, I will be tremendously happy. 

• Like 1

Pachuca vs Columbus Crew in the ConcaChampions final. A really young Pachuca side with fixture congestion beat America, Columbus routing Monterrey in Mexico to clinch their respective tickets to the final.

At the half:
IPS 1-0 HUD • LEE 1-2 SOU • BIR 0-0 NOR

As things currently stand, Ipswich are up, Leeds are in the playoffs and Birmingham/Huddersfield are down. I so wish we could stream Soccer Saturday this side of the pond.

• Like 1

All of the neutrals can say about the sacking of John Eustace when Birmingham City were sixth for Wayne Rooney: "We told you so". Birmingham City relegated to League One.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

At the half:

As things currently stand, Ipswich are up, Leeds are in the playoffs and Birmingham/Huddersfield are down. I so wish we could stream Soccer Saturday this side of the pond.

This is how it finished.

Back to back promotions for Dem Tractor Boys. Unreal.

Leeds, Southampton, WBA and Norwich are your playoff clubs du jour of the day.

Birmingham did their business but so did Blackburn, so the Blues are DOOMED to the third tier along with Huddersfield for the first time since 1994.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

All of the neutrals can say about the sacking of John Eustace when Birmingham City were sixth for Wayne Rooney: "We told you so". Birmingham City relegated to League One.

John Eustace's Blackburn Rovers go to champions Leicester City and beat them 0-2 to survive. So satisfying for John Eustace.

• Haha 1

Leeds United finished the season in third place on 90 points - the highest ever points tally by a team not to get automatically promoted from the division. Ouch. Sorry AxB.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Birmingham’s owners said they hired Wayne Rooney to get them out of the Championship. Job. Done.

Loved him as a United legend but then he went to the fucking DC scum so fuck 'em!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pete said:

At the half:

They used to show Soccer Saturday as part of the Peacock coverage. Also back when when they also showed all the PL shoulder programming like the Kelly and Wrighty show. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Girona in the Champions League. What a weird thing to write. 

GIVE FALKIRK A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOT YOU COWARDS

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Girona in the Champions League. What a weird thing to write. 

My my my Girona!

@sabremike One of the FM streamers I follow has taken East Fife to the Champions League (and broken the 49 year hold (some in-game) of the Old Firm on the Premiership

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure Lionel Messi got overcharged for an Uber or something last time he was here in NYC.  

Because he just set a new MLS record with 5 assists against RBNY.  

Luis Suarez also had a hat trick for Miami.