DVDVR Message Board

2024 NCAAB - MADNESS

Dolfan in NYC

not sure if this is usually the case but the games with two 16 seeds were better this year than the games with the two 10 seeds.. maybe having two teams fighting it out to win something before they get tossed at a 1 seed is a better kind of competition than two middling at-larges fighting it out

also, the Virginia game is such a minus that even if Colorado/Boise State was good, that combo wasn't beating the two 16 games we saw

More than "did Jordan push off" I always thought the attention should've been on his blatant illegal defense on the steal right before that. He absolutely just stops in the paint and doubles Malone before the entry pass which was illegal in the NBA for another two or three years after that.

I’m sure there’s a bunch of reasons why this won’t happen but Duquesne and Long Beach State playing at the same time gives me the idea of Monson going to Duquesne.

I doubt that for a few reasons. Including his age and the distance from the west coast to Pittsburgh. I don’t think coaching at a Catholic school (Gonzaga) necessarily means getting another Catholic school job 25 years later.

10 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

before someone else posts it, I'm pretty sure I just heard that they have a designated successor at Duquesne for next year

anyways, Duquesne beats BYU

Notably this is Duquesne's first NCAA tournament win since 1969!

Oakland is having the most insane 3 point shooting game against Kentucky so far. Every time it seems the well is dry they find more

Now Kentucky is shooting lights out but Oakland keeps hitting. 15 3 pointers 🤪

Edited by hammerva

At what point does pressure build to actually think about "suggesting" Calipari "retire"?

Cause the title is now a dozen years ago and they haven't gotten out of the first weekend since before COVID.

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

cut to the most insane Kentucky booster needing to be told why they can't fire Calipari to bring back Rick Pitino

Oof