DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XL - 4/6 & 4/7/2024

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If we get the smarmy Cody (and Brandi), then I can see the average fan souring on his act. 

Judging by how Brandi Rhodes did on the mic in AEW, she should be kept far far away from a mic in WWE. Although I dug the "HHH Conan The Barbarian" intro with Cody Rhodes as Homelander. Maybe next year he can get dudes in Revolutionary War outfits to fire muskets into the air for his intro. Or he comes out in a Captain America like outfit but close enough to not get sued by Disney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I don’t think the crowd will turn on Cody for the same reason they didn’t turn on Bryan: they witnessed the struggle, the departure, rebuilding himself and climbing back to the top. It’s the same reason the crowd never turned on Austin or Foley.

They did turn on Bryan. They're fickle.

So the streamer in the Prime bottle, I remembered where I knew him from. He went viral (beyond his audience) because he went to the World Cup and was racist. Went up to a South Asian guy an Argentina shirt and went "Konichiwa, why Argentina?". The guy responded "No Konichiwa. Chinese." And then Speed started aggressively yelling "Konichiwa" in his face over and over again. It wasn't a good look.

But because he was in controversy over that, other stuff started coming out about how he was also sexist and a shameless grifter too. And his actual content is basically being loud and stupid. So that's why Randy Orton booting him got traction, he's another of those internet celebrities who has a large audience of kids who love him, and a larger group of people who know who he is, and think he's a twat.

• Sad 1

On 4/7/2024 at 7:48 PM, Curt McGirt said:

You do realize what you wrote right. About of all places, Atlanta.

Sundowner is a poor choice of words (my bad on that due to the connotations). It's more accurate to say that if you are going out to enjoy nightlife in Atlanta, you won't find bars being accessible past 1 am. Most of them close at 2:30 am but half the time they are wrapping up for the night at 1 am.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AxB said:

They did turn on Bryan. They're fickle.

So the streamer in the Prime bottle, I remembered where I knew him from. He went viral (beyond his audience) because he went to the World Cup and was racist. Went up to a South Asian guy an Argentina shirt and went "Konichiwa, why Argentina?". The guy responded "No Konichiwa. Chinese." And then Speed started aggressively yelling "Konichiwa" in his face over and over again. It wasn't a good look.

But because he was in controversy over that, other stuff started coming out about how he was also sexist and a shameless grifter too. And his actual content is basically being loud and stupid. So that's why Randy Orton booting him got traction, he's another of those internet celebrities who has a large audience of kids who love him, and a larger group of people who know who he is, and think he's a twat.

WWE relying on shitty human beings to drive engagement? Perish the thought...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

Sundowner is a poor choice of words (my bad on that due to the connotations). It's more accurate to say that if you are going out to enjoy nightlife in Atlanta, you won't find bars being accessible past 1 am. Most of them close at 2:30 am but half the time they are wrapping up for the night at 1 am.

Depends on the neighborhood. 

6 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

WWE relying on shitty human beings to drive engagement? Perish the thought...

Shouldn’t you be in favor of that considering your homophobic comments about Kenny Omega before then saying a person smells like a bag of unwashed dicks yesterday? Which is also sexist and homophobic and should’ve got your ass suspended at minimum.

Edited by Just Adam Bay Bay

1 hour ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

Shouldn’t you be in favor of that considering your homophobic comments about Kenny Omega before then saying a person smells like a bag of unwashed dicks yesterday? Which is also sexist and homophobic and should’ve got your ass suspended at minimum.

It wasn't a person. It was you. The guy who took six months off and then showed up Wrestlemania weekend to take shots. Whoever's alter you are, I'd invite you to go fuck yourself. You come here and make these bizarre speeches hoping to rally the troops against me, for whatever reason. Then, when that doesn't work, because you, and only you, are a fucking idiot, you ratchet up the allegations to a level that no one takes seriously. I also don't recall saying you smell like anything. Only a fucking idiot would infer that. You are a bag of unwashed dicks, but that doesn't mean you smell like that. I imagine you actually smell like flat Mountain Dew Code Red, stale Funyuns, and the unmistakable stench of manufactured outrage and complete irrelevance. Fuck off, dork.

Burlap. You forgot burlap, you fucking idiot. Also, Adam Cole sucks. Go cry about it.

Burlap. You forgot burlap.

Bu

Edited by Just Dave
The guy I'm quoting is a fucking dipshit.
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2024 at 3:46 AM, Godfrey said:

Bayley against Iyo Sky was truly great, I think it might be my match of the weekend. The singing was annoying because I don't know what it's for, so glad it stopped for the right parts. Sky with all kinds of fantastic combinations and reversals, Bayley was 

"Hey, hey Bayley. I want to know if you'll be my girl." That chant started either on RAW or Smackdown in England. The crowd kept chanting it. Funniest time was at Clash at the Castle 2022 when Bayley was a heel and she was getting annoyed by it.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Natural said:

"Hey, hey Bayley. I want to know if you'll be my girl." That chant started either on RAW or Smackdown in England. The crowd kept chanting it. Funniest time was at Clash at the Castle 2022 when Bayley was a heel and she was getting annoyed by it.

Started in NXT at Takeover: London. 

• Thanks 1

I think the difference in the staredown heat between Cody/Seth v. Roman/Rock Saturday and Cena/Rock Sunday was immense showed just how little star power Seth and Cody have. 

probably for the best that Stone Cold wasn’t there. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Have you two considered going to couples' therapy so we can discuss pro wrestling without hearing about whatever this was?

Thanks for saying that instead of calling out the other one for their repeated homophobic comments and posting things anyone else would be suspended or banned for. 

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

I think the difference in the staredown heat between Cody/Seth v. Roman/Rock Saturday and Cena/Rock Sunday was immense showed just how little star power Seth and Cody have. 

probably for the best that Stone Cold wasn’t there. 

While I agree with your point I think part of why Cena’s stare down meant more than Cody’s is he’s been the guy for the last what twenty years now? Cena having a stare down with any main event talent carries more weight because it’s Cena. I think once Cody has been back more than the two years he has that he’ll be seen in closer to that same light. 

Seth on the other hand I have nothing for. He’s been there over a decade he’s usually positioned near the top of the card, and while his song is incredibly over I don’t think he gets as much of a reaction as he should. Part of it might be he just looks more like a heel than the top level baby face they insist on him being. If they turn him when he returns for a feud with Cody that might do him some good.

Just now, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

You can say that, but WrestleMania will live in our hearts FOREVER!

FOREVER!

FOREVER...

Then. Now. Not Next Year.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Is it back on if they announce it in Minneapolis? I mean, it's no Quake by the Lake but Mania by the Minnehaha Falls has a ring to it.

I hope everyone is happy. You ruined my one chance to see Minoru Suzuki at some random Indy show on a Thursday. A THURSDAY. 

If everyone gets along and keeps their disputes to DM’s, then BIANCA AT LAKE MINNETONKA is back on. I don’t lift my punishments too often, so you’re all on thin ice and should be very thankful myself and the fellow Admins are potentially allowing Mania.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I hope everyone is happy. You ruined my one chance to see Minoru Suzuki at some random Indy show on a Thursday. A THURSDAY. 

If everyone gets along and keeps their disputes to DM’s, then BIANCA AT LAKE MINNETONKA is back on. I don’t lift my punishments too often, so you’re all on thin ice and should be very thankful myself and the fellow Admins are potentially allowing Mania.

Y'all better behave yourself so we can have Tiffy Time at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.

... okay that was a little forced but we need her on the card next year, so we all better get along for that to happen.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Y'all better behave yourself so we can have Tiffy Time at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.

... okay that was a little forced but we need her on the card next year, so we all better get along for that to happen.

If they’re good, we all get Jucy Lucy’s. If they’re not, Lutefisk.