DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023-24 - DIVISIONAL ROUND

Dolfan in NYC

I can appreciate Mr. Metal living it up the best he can as beating the Ravens is going to be a tall, tall order. They have a veteran defense that will try their best to confuse Stroud, and of course have an explosive offense. 

I'm rooting for Houston as if the Bills win I'd like for them to be home next weekend, but really I just want a good close game. Too many blowouts last weekend.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

turnovers always matter and this feels like a game where a turnover is gonna swing things dramatically

Punt Return Touchdown is spiritually close enough to a turnover to suffice, I'd say.

This game is straight out of Packers all time playoff loss history. The Ravens could lose like the Packers always did in a game with very few points, or very few big plays in a game that doesn’t seem like it had as many points as it did (2007). I will say that the Ravens are playing better than most teams in that situation though. Their opponent simply isn’t giving it to them in return. 

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Man what a terrible time to do a goofy play that looked like a disaster from the beginning 

You know I was thinking that too until we saw the replay from the backside. If the one big dude didn't miss the block on the little dude, he had two other blockers in front with no other Ravens in immediate frame. Not saying it would have been a TD but if one dude doesn't miss his block it would have been a pretty successful play.

Well this game sure changed from what it was. The Ravens came out in the 2nd half like it was a formality. They took care of business at 24-10. Not 56-10 but not anything less acceptable. 

Also that trick play was actually amazing from a film room standpoint. Everybody on both sides of the ball did what they were supposed to do then countered what was being done to them. There was no mistake anywhere which is rare on any play let alone a play with that many moving parts.

Good season for everybody left no matter what except maybe the 49ers if they were to lose IMO. Had they not gotten smashed by the Ravens then played good but not great against the Commanders I’d even say they still had a good season all things considered. And it still might be a good season if they lose. I said maybe. The Ravens had to win or they would have been facing some major Rodgers Packers/Cowboys stigma. But they did so.

Edited by BloodyChamp

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

Good season for everybody left no matter what except maybe the 49ers if they were to lose IMO. Had they not gotten smashed by the Ravens then played good but not great against the Commanders I’d even say they still had a good season all things considered. And it still might be a good season if they lose. I said maybe. 

As with most teams, the "championship window" is a grimy porthole with latches ever in danger of rusting shut. This roster will not remain financially tenable for much longer.

Thus, anything less than Super Bowl Victory is a significant disappointment.

Not quite back to the 1989-1994 level of "Anything Less Than Super Bowl Victory Is A Seppuku-Worthy Shame" but sniffing similar air.