DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL Draft

Gonzo

Yes, the regular season is basically over, which means that fans of a bunch of teams can start looking forward to the 2024 NFL Draft. The first 18 picks have been determined, with the rest of the first round determined by the outcomes of the 2023 NFL Playoffs.

Like every year, this post will be updated as more picks are finalized. For now, here are the top 18 picks in the 2024 NFL Draft. The numbers shown after each team are the team's record and their strength of schedule. When two teams have the same record, SoS is the first tiebreaker, with the higher pick going to the team with the lower SoS.

1. Chicago Bears (via Carolina Panthers, 2-15, .523)
  2. Washington Commanders (4-13, .512)
  3. New England Patriots (4-13, .523)
  4. Arizona Cardinals (4-13, .561)
  5. Los Angeles Chargers (5-12, .520)
  6. New York Giants (6-11, .512)
  7. Tennessee Titans (6-11, .524)
  8. Atlanta Falcons (7-10, .429)
  9. Chicago Bears (7-10, .464)
  10. New York Jets (7-10, .502)
  11. Minnesota Vikings (7-10, .509)
  12. Denver Broncos (8-9, .488)*
  13. Las Vegas Raiders (8-9, .488)*
  14. New Orleans Saints (9-8, .433)
  15. Indianapolis Colts (9-8, .491)
  16. Seattle Seahawks (9-8, .512)
  17. Jacksonville Jaguars (9-8, .531)
  18. Cincinnati Bengals (9-8, .573)
  19. Los Angeles Rams (10-7, .529)
  20. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-7, .540)
  21. Miami Dolphins (11-6, .450)
  22. Philadelphia Eagles (11-6, .481)
  23. Minnesota Vikings (from Houston Texans via Cleveland Browns, 11-6, .536)
  24. Dallas Cowboys (12-5, .446)
  25. Green Bay Packers (9-8, .474)
  26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-8, .481)
  27. Arizona Cardinals (from Houston Texans, 10-7, .474)
  28. Buffalo Bills (11-6, .471)
  29. Detroit Lions (12-5, .481)
  30. Baltimore Ravens (13-4, .543)
  31. San Francisco 49ers (12-5, .509)
  32. Kansas City Chiefs (11-6, .481)

* - I believe there will be a coin flip between Denver and Las Vegas to determine those picks.

Teams without first-round picks

• Carolina Panthers (traded to Chicago in Bryce Young trade)
  • Cleveland Browns (traded to Houston in DeShaun Watson trade)
  • Houston Texans (traded to Minnesota in pre-2024 Draft trade)

Teams with multiple first-round picks

• Chicago Bears (theirs and Carolina's)
  • Arizona Cardinals (theirs and Houston's)
  • Minnesota Vikings (theirs and Cleveland's via Houston)

I think that covers everything for now.

Edited by Gonzo

Willing a trade to The Bears into existence. I'm off the Daniel Jones train. Gotta keep him next year the way the contract is structured. But get the best QB and let him sit while Jones crashes and burns one last time.

But the number 6 pick probably just isn't high enough to get a new franchise QB.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips

8 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Willing a trade to The Bears into existence. I'm off the Daniel Jones train. Gotta keep him next year the way the contract is structured. But get the best QB and let him sit while Jones crashes and burns one last time.

But the number 6 pick probably just isn't high enough to get a new franchise QB.

May just depend on how the QBs do on national TV tonight and what their idea of a franchise QB is. Williams and Maye everyone agrees will be top three, but I've seen mock drafts with Daniels, Penix, Nix, and/or McCarthy going in the first round (current mocks are all over the place). CBS' mock has the Giants picking Daniels. So they may be able to get a franchise QB if they stay put, unless they only grade Williams and Maye highly.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:43 AM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

At number 6 the New York Giants select.....Shaddeur Sanders Colorado 

• 2 weeks later...

Back in July, Jim Harbaugh predicted 20 Michigan players would be drafted this year. He named them. Two, Myles Hinton and Donovan Edwards decided to play another year in Ann Arbor. The other 18 were all invited to the NFL draft combine.

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Back in July, Jim Harbaugh predicted 20 Michigan players would be drafted this year. He named them. Two, Myles Hinton and Donovan Edwards decided to play another year in Ann Arbor. The other 18 were all invited to the NFL draft combine.

This is an all-time record for combine invites from a single school. It surpasses the record of 16 previously held by LSU. 

5 hours ago, Tabe said:

This is an all-time record for combine invites from a single school. It surpasses the record of 16 previously held by LSU. 

And 14 of them were drafted, which tied the then record (Georgia broke it with 15 players drafted in 2022... And then they promptly went out with our those fifteen guys and went undefeated and won their second straight national title, which is still mind boggling.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Al Davis were still alive, you could pretty much bank on Xavier Worthy being the Raiders first round pick. Ran a combine record official 4.21 40.

The draft order has been changed to reflect this morning's trade between Houston and Minnesota, where Minnesota acquired the first-round pick that Houston received from Cleveland in the DeShaun Watson trade.

Houston no longer has a first-round pick and Minnesota is now one of three teams that has two.

Are teams going to go QB crazy again? The latest Top 15 Mock Draft on ESPN after the FA moves has a QB going at 1, 2, 3, 5 (via trade), and 12. If McCarthy goes in the Top 5 I'm going to melt into a puddle of confusion.

Marvin Harrison Jr has opted to not work out at the Ohio State Pro Day

He also didn't work out at the combine

He will now drop like a stone, end up in KC and we will all be enraged

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

So at a minimum Jayden Daniel’s agent doesn’t want him drafted by Washington 

And now due to the shit talk - the betting odds have swung heavily towards Drake Maye going ahead of Daniels 

18 hours ago, dogwelder said:

I'm all for the riot when the Commanders draft J.J. McCarthy instead

I know I'm partisan, but I honestly don't have a clue of anything Drake Maye actually does better than McCarthy except "be tall."

On 4/19/2024 at 11:01 AM, dogwelder said:

I'm all for the riot when the Commanders draft J.J. McCarthy instead

I'm still half convinced Jim is gonna do something incredibly stupid like making Justin Herbert a Commander and taking JJ. 

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm still half convinced Jim is gonna do something incredibly stupid like making Justin Herbert a Commander and taking JJ. 

If Harbaugh offered Herbert and the #5 pick for the #2, I think the Commanders would seriously have to consider it.

But I don't think J.J. goes in the top 3.  I could see Arizona reaching if they want to move on from Kyler, though.

23 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

If Harbaugh offered Herbert and the #5 pick for the #2, I think the Commanders would seriously have to consider it.

But I don't think J.J. goes in the top 3.  I could see Arizona reaching if they want to move on from Kyler, though.

If he made that trade he should be fired and committed to an insane asylum. 

It's obvious Harbaugh loves JJ, but he turned down the Denver Broncos flat multiple times over a year ago and then spent a year winning a national title and keeping half an eye on the Chargers both specifically because he wanted to coach Herbert and prove he was the guy that could fully unlock his potential.

I'm more curious to see if he makes a stab on day two at Corum or Roman Wilson.

• Like 1