DVDVR Message Board

2024 Puroresu General Discussion

lostinube

Hiroshi Hase will be in the Japan and possibly world news as he is the governor of Ishikawa prefecture which got hit by a large earthquake late in the afternoon on New Year's Day. Currently the area is under a high alert tsunami warning, with residents being told to immediately evacuate.

On 12/23/2023 at 4:22 PM, Kang said:

Again, next year I'm done with the NOAH thread. Next year post anything related to NOAH in the 2024 Puroresu thread.

NOAH has lost Muta, Nakajima, and now KANG. Can they survive 2024?

So I was scrolling through TikTok and saw a mv edit of last nights Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Kento Miyahara and it looks amazing! Where do people watch All Japan?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matwarz said:

The AJPW.tv streaming service is terrific. I’ve had it from day dot and never had an issue. If you’re also old school and like HD on the big telly, seek out darkangeltapes

Just checked out the darkAngel tapes (now suckmet?) and it looks sweet! Only tough part is not having prices listed. But I can email. 
I’ve been searching for a way to see 
Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Shuji Ishikawa from Big Japan 3-31-2015 for a while now and that might be the best option for that and others on my wish list. 😈

AJPW updated their roster page to subtract the departed players. Except for Shuji.

New blue tracksuits for the AJPW players. The President got some boos. The new Players Chairman is Kento, used to be Shuji's job.

Ryo debuted a new costume.

I left out the results. Boopy dee 'n boopy boo. Onward to day 2...

Edited by Kang
  • Like 1

Show just finished.

Spoiler

Ibushi beat Marafuji and it was just slow and plodding. Ibushi could barely get up for some moves. I really think he shouldn't be wrestling right now. Something is wrong.

Thankfully, rather than let him mumble into the mic postmatch, Jake Lee and Kaito Kiyomiya came out for closing promos. There was a staredown (hilariously, as Ibushi and Lee are in each other's faces, Kaito is just staring straight ahead until it is his turn).

In other matches, KENOH retained over Soya. Go Shiozaki came out to challenge KENOH. KENOH wants the match to be for the title versus Go's "I am NOAH" catchphrase.

Kaito is booked stronger than SANADA against H.O.T. The NOAH crowd are not burnt out on H.O.T. so there was copious booing.

The Great Sakuya debuted. She just debuted. There was nothing special about it.

Ulka Sasaki lost his debut to Sugiura.

Go beat Satoshi Kojima and debuted a new group called Team NOAH and no one cared.

I missed everything between that and the junior tag three way won by Tadasuke and Yo-Hey.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Yeah, it's painful to say, but Ibushi has "lost his mojo", or whatever you'd prefer to call it.  He was obviously tearing up before the match even started, and I wonder if it was the sad realization that he really didn't belong in the ring tonight.

I really hate to type that, but that's clearly how I saw it.  Hard to watch.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Apparently he broke his ankle early in the match? Even before that, he looked out of it when he was coming to ring. This should have never been booked to happen.

Edit: This is apparently where it happened but him just trying to get up there is sad.

Edited by lostinube
  • Sad 2

Spoiler

He wasn't walking great when he arrived at the venue today. I'm remembering the 'tacks in his shoe' reason he gave for mobility issues in one of his AEW appearances, and the conflicting nature of reports on his health before his NJPW contract was up. Indecipherable to the end.

He's anti-surgery apparently. He may need to choose between that and wanting to wrestle in the future.

• Sad 2

Spoiler

https://hochi.news/articles/20240102-OHT1T51172.html?page=1

Hochi Sports says both of Ibushi's ankles are injured. I feel awful for Ibushi, but he should not be allowed back in the ring until he's 100 percent again, if that's even possible. It sounds like he returned to the ring too early to begin with.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Yeah when I hear the argument now about Ibushi being "washed" as the kids like to say these days,  if he is just going to continue to wrestle on horrible ankles instead of taking the 6 to 8 months that this is probably the end for him except for brief shining moments like his match against Joey Janela at Spring Break last year.  Unfortunately that is probably what will happen.  I mean if you are going to work 35 minutes on broken ankles than the concept of taking time off probably foreign to him. 

• Like 2

It wouldn't be NOAH if there wasn't some sort of controversy. I thought the Jake Lee parts at the end were hillarious.

Riko Kawahata played Great Sakuya. So I was right, Muta has two daughters skylarking in the rings.

AJPW, i watched it live

The AWG Girls are alright. I'm not sure what twitter people are crying about. I enjoyed the atomic drop.

Dempsey vs Nakajima was good. 

Spoiler

Nakajima won and retained the Triple Crown.

Nakajima got on the mic and vowed to restore the original meaning of the Triple Crown.

The next challenger seems to be Ashino. Ashino closed out the show.

The Fuchi show will have a Fuchi battle royale, the winner gets to wrestle Fuchi in a singles match.

Here's the card for the Masanobu Fuchi's 50th anniversary since debut & 70th birthday commemorative card

http://www.all-japan.co.jp/wp-new/【渕正信とのシングルマッチ権をかけたロイヤル

• Like 2

A lot of negativity about the NOAH show last night due to the main event and some of the midcard was fairly average, but I hope people don't skip over Kenoh vs Soya and Ishii vs Kitamiya which I thoroughly enjoyed. The House of Torture 12 man was surprisingly fun too.

Also watched All Japan today, had very low expectations for Dempsey's TC match but was pleasantly surprised. Don't know if he should have been challenging really, but he more than held up his end. Maybe not a great match but really fun.

• Like 1

The crowd was really up for the H.O.T. match - probably because they haven't had to put up with their antics as much. I really thought that someone (Kondo, mainly) was going to turn on Kaito's team to establish H.O.T. in NOAH (not a good idea, just an idea).

It was a long show. I think the opening matches started before 3:00 and then there was a break before the rest of the show and  didn't end until after 8:00. If the title match closed the show it might have gotten a better reception but maybe the crowd would have been burnt out by then.

• Like 1

Having Lee and Kiyomiya come down and talk shit to Kenoh after the title match would've been a better visual than what we ended with of totally broken Ibushi stumbling away checked out after Lee and Kiyomiya told him to get the fuck out then wait to cut their promo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Having Lee and Kiyomiya come down and talk shit to Kenoh after the title match would've been a better visual than what we ended with of totally broken Ibushi stumbling away checked out after Lee and Kiyomiya told him to get the fuck out then wait to cut their promo.

After the GLEAT multi-man, everyone was dazzled by the balcony moonsault but Ibushi trying to talk after the match should have been a sign. He could barely get full sentences out. So I was glad he got out of the ring that night. And straight into an ambulance apparently.