DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/27 - 12/3/2023 - Now With More CM Punk Than Ever!

Dolfan in NYC

this explains why there has been a lot of Kelly Kincaid recently.  why she was pretty good in ROH in a particular character, she doesn't really have the same sass as MacKenzie.  Hopefully this doesn't impact Vic Joseph.  man should get a HOF ring dealing with Booker for about a year

I swear this shouldn't sound weird but I saw one random ROH episode, pandemic era on Bally's (IIRC), and that's why I ended up following Quinn McKay/Kelly Kincaid on Instagram a few years ago. Then she ends up in the WWE, so clearly someone else watched a random ROH episode 3 years ago. Instagram is great if you want photos of celebrities looking good in the sunlight.

I saw Jackie Redmond for the first time on Monday (which how often I'm watching RAW, means she's been on WWE TV for like 6 months) and I was surprised that she went directly from TNT/WBD Sport to the WWE while.. you know.. But this being WBD, maybe her contract came up or she got laid off or there are more backstage interview jobs available in the WWE universe than AEW or whathaveyou

But if WWE ends up bumping AEW off of WBD... clearly it's because of Jackie Redmond (since I think we're supposed to blame the nearest woman in some situations no matter how much it's a BS scapegoat)

46 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I swear this shouldn't sound weird but I saw one random ROH episode, pandemic era on Bally's (IIRC), and that's why I ended up following Quinn McKay/Kelly Kincaid on Instagram a few years ago. Then she ends up in the WWE, so clearly someone else watched a random ROH episode 3 years ago. Instagram is great if you want photos of celebrities looking good in the sunlight.

I saw Jackie Redmond for the first time on Monday (which how often I'm watching RAW, means she's been on WWE TV for like 6 months) and I was surprised that she went directly from TNT/WBD Sport to the WWE while.. you know.. But this being WBD, maybe her contract came up or she got laid off or there are more backstage interview jobs available in the WWE universe than AEW or whathaveyou

But if WWE ends up bumping AEW off of WBD... clearly it's because of Jackie Redmond (since I think we're supposed to blame the nearest woman in some situations no matter how much it's a BS scapegoat)

Pretty sure Jackie still does NHL work on TNT.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

maybe sports reporters/interviewers are more like independent contractors than wrestlers

They certainly are in the UK, where you see pundits working for the BBC, Sky Sports, TalkSport, TNT, etc. 

On 11/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, Hector said:

I hope he just keeps getting fired from places until he's in the middle of a Coliseo Coacalco ring talking about how he's "en casa". 

Or banished to WWC for a feud with *looks up current lineup* Uhhh... I don't know any of these guys. At all. Their current champ is some guy named Nihan?

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Or banished to WWC for a feud with *looks up current lineup* Uhhh... I don't know any of these guys. At all. Their current champ is some guy named Nihan?

IWA Puerto Rico is still going, because wrestling promotions never go away unless they want to, so IWA Mid-South vs IWA Puerto Rico!

Watched Smackdown in fits and spurts. The Irish (?) announcer always sounds like he's out of breath. Owens has a hell of a punch. There was a good looking match between Escobar and Joaquin Wilde (get it? Get it? We're clever over here in WWE Land!). And to repeat what I said in the AEW thread, Heyman, like Callis, proves that a good manager can still get more heat than the entire rest of the lineup. Randy looks like Randy always has and got a great return ovation. 

*checks Wikipedia*

yeah Kevin Patrick is from Dublin

kudos to the complete maniacs maintaining a week by week list of commentators on WWE TV shows. So that people remember which week had Michael Cole and Ernest Miller commentating during the Ernest Miller WWE run which was mostly him working Velocity with way too much detail of what he did between the Royal Rumble (January 25th, 2004) and being released by the company (February 10th, 2004)

• Like 1

Butch/Lashley was good. Lashley dominated like one would expect, but Dunne got a pretty nice showcase with him caught Lashley off guard various time and showing passion. 

Santos/Wilde was a solid showcase for Wilde.

Logan Paul's segment was solid and served as a good lead into KO/Waller which was another solid match. The tournament to decide who challenge Paul first should be good. Very curious to see what NXT name shows up. If they hadn't built the idea of KO/Logan so strongly I would say this would be the perfect spot for Hayes or Bron to show up and win. 

Bianca/Kairi was a bit off at times but still came together well enough by the end to be something pretty decent. The story of the night was mostly on Bayley clearly not being on the same wavelength of the rest of the group. Kind of surprised they didn't pull the DC murders Bayley trigger here. Audience was good enough that it probably would have went over rather well.

Skipped around the final segment until Heyman showed up. Dug those parts, especially with Knight making the save when Kimmy and solo attacked. 

Solid show with enjoyable matches and segments. The no. 1 contender's tournament for the US title should provide some good matches for the rest of the month. Its also good to see Roman's next big feud set up. I'm curious if they wait till the Rumble for Orton/Roman or do it as a big Smackdown episode. Damage Ctrl still feel sliek a decent threat, but that is going to end fast if they don't start getting some regular victories. That was kind of how HHH screwed the group before. Hopefully he isn't making the same mistake though the focus on doing Bianca/Io again and how to get there makes me think otherwise. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

*checks Wikipedia*

yeah Kevin Patrick is from Dublin

kudos to the complete maniacs maintaining a week by week list of commentators on WWE TV shows. So that people remember which week had Michael Cole and Ernest Miller commentating during the Ernest Miller WWE run which was mostly him working Velocity with way too much detail of what he did between the Royal Rumble (January 25th, 2004) and being released by the company (February 10th, 2004)

Futbol watchers in the US will know him as Kevin Egan, used to do a pod for Be In with Kay Murray and I think did tv stuff with Atlanta MLS club. 

Hey, a Smackdown!

Opener was real fun. I've always enjoyed Dunne's work but I'm just getting into Lashley with this run. Even though the result was never in doubt Butch got more than I thought, I wonder what his ceiling is in WWE (could be this unfortunately, not his fault)

Escobar rules as a heel. He needs an accessory though, the act looks a little bare atm. Dragon Lee getting a chant is awesome too, it doesn't seem like he has Sin Cara type issues so they if keep building him he could be a long-term prospect

Owens/Waller was a snooze. Waller ain't no good, he's got a name from reality TV I guess

Bianca/Kairi had issues but picked up as it went along. Wonder if Sane is still adapting to the ring and style again

If they go Punk/Rollins and Orton/Reigns then both returning guys are getting title shots pretty quick, that could mean they want to get them out of the way before Mania. Which makes me think that Orton is a time filler while Punk may have a shot at being the third belt champ. Looking forward to Randy countering a Spear into an RKO

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 4:32 PM, Godfrey said:

If they go Punk/Rollins and Orton/Reigns then both returning guys are getting title shots pretty quick, that could mean they want to get them out of the way before Mania. Which makes me think that Orton is a time filler while Punk may have a shot at being the third belt champ. Looking forward to Randy countering a Spear into an RKO

RKO is the ducked-Superman Punch follow-up. Spear goes into Powerslam.

Meanwhile, on LVL UP:

Von Wagner beats Luca Crusifino

Elektra Lopez beats Brinley Reese in a pretty good (but basic) outing

Gulak over Tavion Heights, also worth watching.

Edited by Iron Moose
  • Like 3