DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TEN

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Did Dallas try to run up the score on the Giants of all teams?  I mean going for 4th and 1 up 42-10 in some decades would get a player hurt

Dallas put the backup QB in and kept calling running plays, that seems to be generally agreed-upon "not running up the score" protocol.  Going for it on 4th to keep the ball and continue running out the clock is cool, kicking a field goal you don't need seems to be the uncool move.

Giants still have to tackle somebody.

• Like 2

Alltime great throw and even better catch just now from Zack to Garrett. There’s still time to screw this up if they don’t I take it all back what I said about Zach last week wow. They need to go ahead and just call a run though. They’re going to screw it up otherwise even if they still do everything right. 

I mean dang is it really his fault? If he changes the play and they still lose the team blames him. So he keeps throwing it and what happened happened. The guy took a chance on jumping the route and won. It was as open as it had been all night. The difference was the chance the guy took, possibly because he had the basic ass shit snubbed. 

Zach Wilson is the first QB to throw for 250+ yards in back to back games and have his team fail to score a touchdown in either game. 

Also... In Nathaniel Hackett’s last 17 games as a play-caller, his offenses have generated one or fewer touchdowns 14 times.

LADIES & GENTLEMEN, YOUR NEW YORK JETS!

I fuckin hates the Saints and love it when the Vikings beat them. This is the first time since that day that a game between them hasn’t produced a meme like the Colts/Pats also didn’t for the first time ever. Not that I’m a meme person, but that’s always the final end to a rivalry until something else happens to restart it. 

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also... In Nathaniel Hackett’s last 17 games as a play-caller, his offenses have generated one or fewer touchdowns 14 times.

I think that's bad. Is that bad? 

More like "buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo", which is actually grammatically correct.  There's a TED talk on it.

Though tonight I think it's more "turnover turnover Turnover turnover turnover turnover Turnover turnover."

This is one of the most ridiculous games I've seen. Some awesome plays, some goddamn befuddling plays.

Edited by Contentious C