DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK ELEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Oklahoma State is getting taken behind the woodshed by 1-5 in Big 12 play UCF. Somewhere, Texas fans are laughing their balls off.

Yeah this goes way beyond post-Bedlam hangover and into utter "what the fuck" territory.

Edited by Brian Fowler

I’m proud of my Seminoles. The Hurricanes came to play more than we just stunk. They got pressure all game and stopped the run for 3 QTRs. They didn’t exactly blow it on offense either in spite of their quarterback situation. We got the same kind of pressure and stopped their run besides those 2 big plays early.

It’s all by design how we play a little to cute on offense all game, because at the end we run run run and kill them. I wish we would just run normal though. We have 2 RBs so if 1 gets tired he can come out. I’m scared we’re going to fool around and screw up if we keep doing like we’re doing. Granted we would he undefeated for 2 years straight right now if not for out 1 losing streak last year so maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about.

OSU wasn’t coached up today which wasn’t like a JVG team. So Idk what’s going to happen there. 

ROFL at Penn St. UM treated that game like a scrimmage in shells and won it. Their adjustment at halftime was to be even more pee wee. 

• Like 1

Yeah, basically Michigan realized two things by the middle of the second quarter: Penn State's pass rush is lethal, and the only way PSU could win is if that pass rush created chaos and turnovers.

So they just... Didn't throw the ball. I think they called maybe four passes, got one pass interference and scrambled on the other two or three.

Caleb Williams is still the easy betting favorite to be the #1 pick in the draft next year, but he is making it more interesting than it should be. He just isn't playing consistently at that level this year so far (still having a great statistical year, to be clear). I could see it being an example of a young player trying too hard/trying to do too much and his OL seems to be doing him no favors but it'll be interesting come February if another player gets in the mix.

(Course, no guarantee the top picking team will need a QB, but that's another story)

• Like 1

I want to emphasize that this is unlikely before I say it, because we always get at least one top team somehow blowing a sure thing game. But since we are running out of time for that to happen, this is the dream/nightmare scenario.

The top three teams in the talent composite are Bama, Georgia, and Ohio State. There exists a plausible albeit unlikely path they finish 12-1, 12-1, and 11-1 respectively and all miss the playoffs.

It would take Michigan, Washington, Florida State, Texas, and Alabama all winning out. But it's hard to see the committee leaving out an unbeaten power five champion in favor of a one loss one. And in theory Bama would be above Georgia and Texas above Bama because of head to head results.

Can you imagine the SEC having two 12-1 teams that look like the two best in the country, but they both get blocked by circumstance?

Jimbo Fisher is the reason that, in the year 2023, after a childhood of screaming at the TV for them to throw the ball, in the middle of a run on sentence, I want my teams to run the ball more. He’s such an idiot and him blowing the Clemson game that year was worst than the Seahawks and Falcons in the SB. 

Somebody is definitely going down in the next 3 weeks imo. I don’t know who and I don’t know how but there’s just no way between rivalry weekend and CCG weekend this year. The season is so long now that you could sell me a 1 loss team or 2 easy. That’s something that will be considered and compared to the NFL in years to come imo but the world isn’t ready yet.

Edited by BloodyChamp

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

As if getting embarrassed by Oklahoma is bad enough now I have to deal with the "West Virginia is the perfect place for Jimbo Fisher" in the next 6 months 😑

You could basically get him for free, A&M is going to be paying him 75% of his $76 million buyout over the next few years (he’s gets 25% within 60 days).

I thought it would be after 2024 but apparently Texas being on the rise (even though we keep trying to give games away) is a motivating factor.

They are apparently targeting DeBoer and Lanning. Some of the Regents really want UTSA coach Jeff Traylor, and that’s where they might end up. Good coach, tons of Texas connections, but no P4 head coaching history.

What a weird time to do it.  I can only guess they were in a rush to snap up whoever we’re gonna money whip next before somebody else did.  If not, why not wait till we lose to LSU to do this?

Goodbye to Jimbo and the worst collection of former HCs on the planet - Petrino, Addazio and Durkin.  

Keep Elijah Robinson please.  The rest can go.  

now I gotta go  to Mass and fight the temptation to keep looking at my phone the whole time  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robert C said:

What a weird time to do it.  I can only guess they were in a rush to snap up whoever we’re gonna money whip next before somebody else did.  If not, why not wait till we lose to LSU to do this?

Goodbye to Jimbo and the worst collection of former HCs on the planet - Petrino, Addazio and Durkin.  

Keep Elijah Robinson please.  The rest can go.  

now I gotta go  to Mass and fight the temptation to keep looking at my phone the whole time  

1. Recruiting class falling apart.

2. Supposedly lost the locker room and has some guys essentially sitting out the rest of the season “injured”

3. They already had someone back channeled?