DVDVR Message Board

2023 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Apparently Portland is "preparing a significant offer" to Miami to bring in Bam. 

Imagine thinking the team that wouldn't give up Bam for Durant would give him up for fuckin Jerami Grant.

Legit what would the offer even be? #3 and Simons and... Grant would cut off any chance that team is a serious contender. Everyone says Sharpe is untouchable. I just don't see what else they have to offer Miami to even start that conversation.

Whereas Miami can at least start with Hero, Lowry, and several picks to get the Dame talk underway.

The defending champion Denver Nuggets will acquire the 29th and 32nd overall picks in Thursday's draft in a trade with the Indiana Pacers, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Nuggets will send a 2024 first-round pick and the 40th overall pick in this year's draft to Indiana in the deal, sources said.

The 2024 first-rounder going to the Pacers was acquired by the Nuggets in a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder made during the NBA Finals. It will be the least favorable among the 2024 first-round picks owned by the Thunder, which includes Oklahoma City's, the LA Clippers', Houston's (if 5-30) or Utah's (if 11-30), according to ESPN's Bobby Marks. The Nuggets acquired that pick, as well as the 37th overall pick in this draft, for a protected 2029 first-round pick in the recent deal with Oklahoma City.

Denver, which is preparing for the possibility of losing sixth man Bruce Brown in free agency after he declined his $6.8 million option for next season, will now draft at Nos. 29, 32 and 37 on Thursday as general manager Calvin Booth continues to attempt to find young role players who can contribute during the franchise's window as contenders.

And per Shams

Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.

Holy shit. The Celtics may have actually found a trade that makes them even better.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1671591527271866381

[b]Sources: Wizards, Celtics and Clippers are in strong talks on a trade that would send Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Morris and draft compensation to Washington and Malcolm Brogdon to Los Angeles. Sides are still working through details and Porzingis’ $36M player option.[/b]

Foz hates my posts

Per Wojo -slightly updated trade details

Boston:
Kristaps Porzingis

Washington:
Danilo Gallinari
Marcus Morris Sr
Amir Coffee
30th pick (via LAC)

LA Clippers:
Malcolm Brogdon

Wizards gain another first-round pick & expiring salaries for KP

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Foz hates my posts

Per Wojo -slightly updated trade details

NOT SO FAST!

Woj is reporting the deal has fallen apart and all sides are moving on.  The Clips apparently found some red flags with Brogdon's health and called it off. 

8 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

What a fucking disaster.

If Porzingis stays healthy and plays as well as he did last year, it's a great move for Boston.

But him staying healthy has been a dice roll at best for years, and it does kinda seem like he plays better the worse the team around him is, so those are two pretty big ifs.

Gotta say, that's not something I saw coming. Kinda feels like the Warriors are giving up on the "compete now and build the future at the same time" plan they had been trying the last three years.

Poole definitely disappointed last year though. Kinda surprised Washington took on his deal after they had been avoiding any long term salary in all these years.

Wonder if this makes it easier to bring back Draymond.

30 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Gotta say, that's not something I saw coming. Kinda feels like the Warriors are giving up on the "compete now and build the future at the same time" plan they had been trying the last three years.

Poole definitely disappointed last year though. Kinda surprised Washington took on his deal after they had been avoiding any long term salary in all these years.

Wonder if this makes it easier to bring back Draymond.

To steal from someone else, there's only one timeline now, The Steph Curry Timeline. Blame Wiseman.

I don't think it really changes anything with Draymond. Paul is actually owed more money than Poole this upcoming season. That said Klay is going be a free agent next year and the CBA changes make Paul's non-guaranteed contract next year a lot more appealing.

2 hours ago, ohtani's jacket said:

I don't get the Chris Paul trade at all. Doesn't fir their style of play at all, injury prone, doesn't make them bigger. Baffling. 

I saw someone compare it to Shaq going to the Nash Suns in terms of stylistic fit.

2 hours ago, ohtani's jacket said:

I don't get the Chris Paul trade at all. Doesn't fir their style of play at all, injury prone, doesn't make them bigger. Baffling. 

I figure stagger curry and Paul’s minutes and always have one or the other on the court running things. CP3 and Looney could probably feast on some second units