DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2023

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

With no real preference, I'd love to see Millwall in the PL. 

Luton is the correct answer. To plummet from the old First Division all the way down to non-league football and claw all the way back to the PL would be the stuff dreams are made of.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, Dewar said:

Oh, "beloved" Valour FC lost to a semi-pro team in the Canadian Championship last night. 

I have a bad feeling they are going to end up like the Eddies and go bust. I really hope I am wrong on that.

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Watch Arsenal beat City on Wednesday. That's how hings are going. 

This sounds nuts, but apparently it was the first time in PL history that the bottom club scored three goals against the league leaders.

7 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Premier League Managers should never get to complain about fixture congestion ever again. 7 league games in ten days.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/22/football-sleep-repeat-sandhurst-town-and-a-fixture-pile-up-for-the-ages

Yeah, if you've ever played  lower leagues in FM, you know that the lower you go, the worse fixture congestion becomes.  

yup. There's a national league, a regional league, a national cup compeition, and for some teams, regional and international cup competitions. They AVERAGE 69 games per year (nice). One commenter in this discussion said his team played SEVENTY SEVEN games that year.

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I know Tim Vickery is often talking about that, esp the grind of the state competitions.

Tim said on the radio tonight that 3 Brazilian coaches before first game of the league season.