DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2023

Dolfan in NYC

EdgeOfSpider-Verse2BlackError.jpg&ehk=u%

Lucky to have two first printings of this, Edge of Spider-Verse #2 with the debut of Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen. I have Spider-Gwen (Vol. 1) and Spider-Gwen (Vol. 2) complete all made up of first printings having read the series in real time.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Get fucked, Zeb Wells and Nick Lowe.

Well, as long as you’re being adult about it…..

i’m kidding.  I’m tired of giving toxic fans a pass.  I agree that Wells isn’t much of a writer.  Which is why I am not reading it.  My suggestion would be to read something else if you hate it that much.  It’s a comic book about a fictional character.  If you want to read Spider-Man, there are several decades worth of material by dozens of writers who have better takes on the character than Zeb Wells.  For that matter, Marvel changes up creative teams fairly frequently, so odds are good Wells will be off the book soon.  You could just wait him out,

Putting Wells name on the cover of a book is usually enough to convince me not to buy it, but I’m guessing he is a decent-enough guy.  Lobbing f-bombs and hatred his way because you don’t like his writing is fairly infantile, imo.  But, hey, you have your reasons.  In fact, I’ll be surprised if you don’t write a paragraph or two explaining why it’s really ok to hate a dude and probably his wife and kids because you don’t like the latest plot twist.

20 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Well, as long as you’re being adult about it…..

i’m kidding.  I’m tired of giving toxic fans a pass.  I agree that Wells isn’t much of a writer.  Which is why I am not reading it.  My suggestion would be to read something else if you hate it that much.  It’s a comic book about a fictional character.  If you want to read Spider-Man, there are several decades worth of material by dozens of writers who have better takes on the character than Zeb Wells.  For that matter, Marvel changes up creative teams fairly frequently, so odds are good Wells will be off the book soon.  You could just wait him out,

Putting Wells name on the cover of a book is usually enough to convince me not to buy it, but I’m guessing he is a decent-enough guy.  Lobbing f-bombs and hatred his way because you don’t like his writing is fairly infantile, imo.  But, hey, you have your reasons.  In fact, I’ll be surprised if you don’t write a paragraph or two explaining why it’s really ok to hate a dude and probably his wife and kids because you don’t like the latest plot twist.

I wasn't going to reply to this but here I am. I cancelled a while ago, feel better for doing so. Of course I don't hate Zeb Wells' wife and kids, way to jump there. I don't wish Wells' ill will even though I don't like his writing. Welcome to ignore, asshole.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

I guess they will pick up the previous threads, the Maker's aim to replace the current Marvel Universe with the ruined Ultimate Universe. The tagline of Ultimate Invasion gives it away.

Probably won't happen but I wouldn't mind mishmash of both 616 and 1610 Earths and undoing post Secret Wars Prime Earth(616). The real previous Marvel Universe been dead since Secret Wars.

Joe Q is gone from Marvel and he was the main person who never wanted a reboot.

i'm really enjoying the silver age Marvel i'm reading, with Namor being my highlight. i can't believe they killed Lady Dorma! weakest of the bunch is Iron Man, but even that is decent. i recently passed 100 books for the year. my goal of 500 should end up being a cakewalk.

The Council of Reeds have been back for some while. Maker's mission is to restore the Ultimate Universe and replace the Marvel Universe.

Unrelated, seems there is only one Sabertooth/Victor Creed (616) left in the Multiverse.

Who knows what happens at the end of Spiderverse, but the prototype Spiderman Peter Palmer from Earth 616 beta showed up.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Peter_Palmer_(Earth-616_Beta)

Many of the Spiders based characters in the Marvel Multiverse are gone.

I like Hickman a lot, but it really bugged me how when he did Secret Invasion he totally ignored every thing Ultimate Reed had done since Hickman had stopped writing him. I don't think there was even a single throw away line to dismiss the recent stories.

5 hours ago, Red King said:

Did you mean Secret Wars?

Hickman, Bendis, Coates and few others just do whatever they just want to do.

Yeah, Secret Wars. I get my event titles confused sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Surprised I haven't seen this here yet, but Isaac Perlmutter has been axed and Disney's absorbing and chopping up Marvel Entertainment (which includes the comic book portion, as far as I can tell).

More

https://wdwnt.com/2023/03/breaking-marvel-entertainment-chairman-isaac-ike-perlmutter-laid-off/

It's wonderful that they laid Ike off, but they missed a important opportunity by not wrapping him up in sticky web fluid and leaving him suspended from a midtown lamppost for pedestrians to gawk at.

Steve Lieber. 

• Haha 3