DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2023

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/20/2023 at 2:06 PM, Kang said:

So Earth-811. I haven't read it but do they change it up? 

i'm no expert, but they say in the editorial notes at the end that they tried to stay within the original storyline, but also referenced stories that took place there as well (they noted the aforementioned Prelude story, Wolverine: Days of Future Past, and some Excalibur issues). Nothing struck me as blatantly wrong, but seeing Bishop there definitely made me double take (he was in one of those referenced stories, not exactly sure which). so if you've only read Uncanny 141-142, there are some bits that aren't what you expect. 

• Like 1

Marvel had video preview of Ultimate Spider-Man

Aunt May and Norman Osborn seems to be both dead. I think they were teleported in time somewhere by Iron Lad. 

JJJ looks like his 616 counterpart. But younger and his hair brunette.

The Kingpin exists and he wears black clothes instead. The Kingpin was a big deal in the old Ultimate Universe.

Peter also seems to wear multiple Spider-man costumes. Ben's, Miguels, the black suit. 

https://youtu.be/jKuLR5KCiY0?si=2B2OSTBW4FSUwr6c

• Like 1

X-Men Blue: Origins spoilers

Spoiler

As Chris Claremont allegedly planned, Mystique IS Nightcrawler's father. Destiny is his mother. Kurt didn't get chucked into a river. He was put down so Mystique could save Destiny. When she couldn't find her, she went back and Kurt was gone. (Destiny took him and placed him with the Szardos family. After they later adopted Rogue, They met with Xavier. Destiny demanded that Xavier erase her knowledge of her son, while Mystique chose to remember that she was a parent, but not remembering the co-parent.

BC said X-Men will go back to the basics with Illyana Rasputin at the helm. And no timeline reset. But with a twist.

Maybe the fresh twist could be characters resetted to previous versions of themselves. Like what will happen to the Beast, but for many else via the Krakoan technology.

Edited by Kang

Quick question I assume someone here would have an opinion on: with Hickman's X-men run I know he left earlier than he originally anticipated, but does his run still work as a self-contained story or is it basically only the first act or two of a larger story that isn't ever gonna be finished?

Some stuff from March's Marvel Solicts

For the X-Men...a crash will reverberate outside the universe.

616 Iron Man debuts his take on the Ultimate Iron Man Armor.

X-Men 97 is getting a 4 issue mini series.

Beast vs evil Beast concludes in X Force.

The all-new S.H.I.E.L.D. debuts in F4 18.

Aliens get their own What If?

The X-Men '97 mini-series is written by Steve Foxe and pencils by Salva Espin. Foxe and Espin worked on X-Men '92: House of XCII. Not the same universe though.

G.O.D.S is alright, but I wouldn't expect regular Marvel customers to like it. The series is leading to somewhere.

• Thanks 1