DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2023

Dolfan in NYC

23 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

Also Avengers: Twilight by Chip Zdarsky & Daniel Acuña. The Avengers logo is broken in two and one half is silhouetted.

Will probably seek this out also as it's written by Chip Zdarsky for his Spider-Man/Daredevil/Batman runs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Great creative team. If it's Peter Parker, I'd add it to my pull list.

Keep it mind it's a new universe. So nothing from the old Ultimate Universe is required reading.

I'm waiting for the other titles to be announced soon. If BC is right then.. Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Black Panther.

In October the details of the titles will be revealed.

• Like 2

I read UI4 early. I liked it. 

Spoiler

There is a bit of old Marvel in this new 6160 universe. The Maker is cartoony "drats you ruined my plans" 616 villian of old in this story.

Howard Stark and Dr.Doom(Reed) fucks it up for the Maker and lets Kang and his army invades in the City. Then Maker, Kang, Howard are all stuck inside. The Maker was regrowing parts of his blown off head so that's why he seems bit off and less smart than he was.

Tony Stark becomes Iron Lad, his armor is red and white like the famous 80's Iron Man armor, but it's closer in design to Ultimate Kang. Reference to Young Avengers. 

The Illuminati of Earth 6160 want to take over the  NAU, now that Maker will be gone for roughly two years in real time.

Tony and Dr.Doom use the Immortus Engine to pluck iced Steve out from the past. Recreates that old Avengers moment from 616.

I don't think all of the fans of the old Ultimate Universe are going to like this line, but the old universe was very much ruined of from being profitable in the end. Even if post Ultimatum stories were ok.

None of the characters are dicks like their 1610 counterparts. 

Only 4 more days for Ultimate Comics news

While Ultimatum didn't happen on Earth 6160, Hickman sorta mirrored the post  Ultimatum but pre Death of Spider-Man status quo but at the start and in new different ways...so no Fantastic Four ever existed,  Hank Pym and the Wasp are inactive instead of dead, Dr. Strange is captive instead of dead, etc.

Makes me wonder if Ultimate X-Men won't have active counterparts of Cyclops, Xavier and Wolverine at all, might be time for the midcarders to rise up. I'm not sure, I'm only ever 81 percent right not 100 percent right at times.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 4:57 AM, 赤い竜 said:

Only 4 more days for Ultimate Comics news

While Ultimatum didn't happen on Earth 6160, Hickman sorta mirrored the post  Ultimatum but pre Death of Spider-Man status quo but at the start and in new different ways...so no Fantastic Four ever existed,  Hank Pym and the Wasp are inactive instead of dead, Dr. Strange is captive instead of dead, etc.

Makes me wonder if Ultimate X-Men won't have active counterparts of Cyclops, Xavier and Wolverine at all, might be time for the midcarders to rise up. I'm not sure, I'm only ever 81 percent right not 100 percent right at times.

That's what I'm waiting on particularly Ultimate Spider-Man with a great creative team of Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

That's what I'm waiting on particularly Ultimate Spider-Man with a great creative team of Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto.

Now it's just one more day left.

It's the Isotope Genome Accelerator spider on Earth 6160, away from the Oscorp Spider of the old Ultimate Universe.

I wonder what they will do with Uncle Ben? Hickman likes his wise parental figures being good and alive. Or maybe he passed away.

We might have Peter few years older than Tony Stark this time around. Tony Stark is very young.

The real names of the 6160 characters are same as 616 unlike 1610. So Anthony Stark instead of Antonio Stark. Hickman inverted and reverted lot of stuff back to the 616 way for Earth 6160.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

Ultimate Spider-Man is....

Peter Parker and inspired by Peter B. Parker from Spiderverse, a mid life take on Spider-Man.

Bryan Hill and Stefano Caselli on Ultimate Black Panther

Momoko on X-Men.

1 hour ago, 赤い竜 said:

The covers and solictions for Ultimate Universe first 3 ongoing series

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/nycc-2023-marvels-new-ultimate-universe-line-first-look-trailer-covers

Thanks. Ultimate Spider-Man is an instant addition to my pull list as it's now confirmed to be Peter B. Parker. I was going to try it even it wasn't Peter for the great creative team in Jonathan Hickman/Marco Checchetto creative team and how bad The Amazing Spider-Man is under Zeb Wells.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Thanks. Ultimate Spider-Man is an instant addition to my pull list as it's now confirmed to be Peter B. Parker. I was going to try it even it wasn't Peter for the great creative team in Jonathan Hickman/Marco Checchetto creative team and how bad The Amazing Spider-Man is under Zeb Wells.

I watched the promo vid, I think Doctor.Doom a.k.a Reed Richards gives Peter the Spider or maybe Iron Lad does. We can skip the retelling the teen parts of Peter this time around and just get to the adulting right away. 

The black costume and 2099 and Ben's Spider-Man 90 suits were shown. So they're 6160 Peter's other suits.

• Like 1