DVDVR Message Board

2023 Puroresu General Discussion

RIPPA

1 minute ago, matwarz said:

Shingo Takagi vs Robbie Eagles tonight in Melbourne was an easy 4 1/2*, just a tremendous match. I don’t want to undersell how good Robbie is, but Shingo is just a superstar from the minute he comes through the curtain. Absolutely one of the best I’ve ever seen in the ring.

I'll second Robbie  vs Shingo at Tamashii was an absolute blast. These Tamashii shows, especially the Melbourne ones are becoming something special

@matwarz are you Melbourne based? Would be more than happy to say hi to a fellow Melbourne wrestling fan at a show!

I haven't rated or deconstructed or analyzed matches since my other personas days. I don't think I will do that stuff ever again, most in Japan don't do that stuff either plus the fans in the west also greatly reduced posting anything related to match analysis.

Also it's obvious by now, I am not into hypothetical what ifs and fantasty booking past scenarios, because the past is set in stone. 

7 hours ago, Thomas Bugg said:

So I have a couple of questions about Takeshita:
1) Does anyone know who his senpai was in DDT?
2) Can anyone lead me to the match with Endo vs Golden Lovers in 2014? I read about Tokyo Sports naming it their choice for match of the year 

I dunno about senpai if you mean teacher but..

He tried out for Osaka Pro Wrestling classes when he was young and also the adult class while young. He was introduced to the Suita Citizens Wrestling Class, one of the greatest amateur wrestling clubs in Japan, by Tigers Mask of Oska Pro at the time back then. 

He later did the generic DDT training before his debut.

Info from Japan.

FMW-E

Onita and Yoshitatsu retained the All Asia titles. And Onita has some kinda injury, abdominal aortic aneurysm. If he doesn't defend the title,  it can be retired with him. It's the same gimmick they used for Nosawa. Onita will appear on the AJPW show on June 11.

I'm not posting the info the other articles Tokyo Sports posted about Onita, all kayfabe made up stuff.

Edited by 赤い竜
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 5:05 PM, 赤い竜 said:

FMW-E

Onita and Yoshitatsu retained the All Asia titles. And Onita has some kinda injury, abdominal aortic aneurysm. If he doesn't defend the title,  it can be retired with him. It's the same gimmick they used for Nosawa. Onita will appear on the AJPW show on June 11.

I'm not posting the info the other articles Tokyo Sports posted about Onita, all kayfabe made up stuff.

It's not a work or an injury. The main blood vessel that goes to his heart is swollen. It's from being old and smoking a lot. He is having surgery on it May 9th. He won't retire from it as he's already booked for June in All Japan and then FMW-E again in July and August.

Well DEAN would have loved the Champion Carnival finals tonight. MOTHERFUCKIN’ T-HAWK was indeed KING-SIZED and Ashino took his beating like a BOSS. These two went full Kings Road and just leathered the piss out of each other for 26 minutes. Beautiful stuff.

• Like 2

Speaking of laying it in, Yuji Okabyashi and Yuya Aoki annihilated each other for whatever the piss poor payoff was on the 5/4 BJW Yokohama show. BJW did at least have a house for the first time in 2 years and man were they going bananas down the straight. An absolute WAR