DVDVR Message Board

NXT DEADL1NE - 12/10/2022

Dolfan in NYC

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DOLFAN. 

Shawn Michaels and XPac Proudly Present DeadL1ne!   With all new IP!

THE CARD!

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Bron Breakker (c) vs. Apollo Crews

IRON SURVIVOR CHALLENGE TO DETERMINE THE #1 CONTENDER TO THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Carmelo Hayes vs. JD McDonagh vs. Grayson Waller vs. Joe Gacy vs. TBD

IRON SURVIVOR CHALLENGE TO DETERMINE THE #1 CONTENDER TO THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Zoey Stark vs. Cora Jade vs. Roxanne Perez vs. Kiana James vs. TBD 

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Pretty Deadly (Prince / Wilson, c) vs. The New Day (Kingston / Woods)

Alba Fyre vs. Isla Dawn

• Like 2

With my birthday on the 6th of March, it's too early for WWE PPV.  Thankfully AEW and AEW PPV came along:

• AEW Revolution 2021 was on my birthday weekend, 7th March at 1am.
  • AEW Revolution 2022 was on my actual birthday, 6th March but the 7th UK time, 1am.
  • AEW Revolution 2023 is the 5th of March but will be on my actual birthday as it'll be the 6th UK time at 1am. WWE RAW will also be on my birthday USA time, the 7th over here.

I've had UFC PPVs either on my actual birthday or my birthday weekend.

My Sister's birthday is the 22nd of January so she's had Royal Rumble PPVs on her actual birthday or birthday weekend. Next year is The Great Muta's final match under that gimmick teaming with Sting and Darby Allin.

Edited by The Natural

Enjoyed the women's Iron Survivor Challenge and the right woman definitely won. Roxanne Perez is it. 

I also liked Alba Fyre/Isla Dawn too. I know the ending will be polarizing but I dig Isla being a disciple of Papa Shango. I was a GLOW fan. Shit like that is right in my wheelhouse lol 

Women's Iron Survivor was good. Action was solid. Each women had a decent chance to shine. And I dug them keeping up the general rivalry between Cora and Roxanne. Kiana James was the person who made the least sense getting in this match and she worked hard to prove otherwise. She kept things together way better than expected and really shined with some surprise high flying. Roxanne winning was nice. It pretty much had to be her or Indi. With Indi not coming out of this the winner it does feel like they should finally move her up to the main roster with the rest of the Way.

Isla/Alba was nice. Kind of dug the inish with Dawn poisoning the ref for distractions. Booker's reaction was great.

New Day vs. Pretty Deadly was great. Both teams are just so damn good and worked so well together despite being a first time match up. Loved the bits of comedy, and the action was good. Not sure how I feel about New Day as champs in NXT. It just feels weird but also fresh since its something they never were a part of. Wonder if they go into Stand & Deliver as champs. 

Men's Iron Survivor was pretty damn good. Love how personal everything got, especially with Axiom/JD and the general fuck McDonough moments from everyone. The finish was kind of tremendous as a troll moment. it pissed everyone offin the right way. Waller is such a bastard. I hope that moment where he called Booker a bitch was planned because otherwise he might get his ass kicked after the show. Never seen Booker want to murder someone on tv so much before.

Bron/Crews was good, but it felt just a pinched rushed. Like this was 20 minute match and story done in 15. Can't help but think it would have been better with more time to breathe. Still dug the idea of how equal they were in strength and power in the beginning and the idea of Crews going a bit wild when things weren't going how he hoped. Still it ultimately felt like there was a better match to be had here. 

Really good show overall even with the main event being the weakest match. This was probably the best NXT PLE this year. The Iron Survivor match is not a bad concept overall and was done well here.

• Like 1

I liked the show a lot but wanted to point out Booker crying his eyes out seeing his prized student Roxanne win the Iron Survivor match.  That was pretty heartwarming.

Iron Survivor match was surprising easy to understand once the first one got toing.  Maybe they needed to be a bit more concise in explaining the rules but they have a good thing going with this.  It feels like a unique thing for NXT to have at the end of the year and I hope they keep this going forward.

• Like 3

Finally getting round to this, what with the ROH ppv and football yesterday and other things to watch.  I don't really understand the point system and rules of the match- as it seems like that old Bandits and Bodyguards PPV from back in the day.  Which I remember liking.  Zoey Stark and Roxanne Perez in an Ironman match would rule.  Roxanne is babyfacing for everybody in this match.  Stark is laying it in against Kiana James.  Cora Jade has an 80s look now!  I dig it!  Perez is a little dynamo of COMEBACK!  Kiana James looks great in this.  She's an athletic freak. Indi Hartwell is all hard edged.  Stark and Perez are the glue keeping this monstrosity together.  Stark hits the GINORMOUS Plancha onto everyone!  This was a great match WORKWISE!  Which is all I really care about.  The goofiness of the match was overcome by how good all these gals looked. Call all these gals up.  They all looked good.  It's Alba Fyre!  She is a lunatic bump freak.  Isla Dawn!  They both have fun accents.  I think one is Scottish and one is Irish?  Or they are both from Liverpool or something.  I'm Paul McCartney!  Anyway, I await a crazy bump.  And the crazy fucking bumps start IMMEDIATELY as Fyre tackles Dawn through the ropes to the floor!  Fyre with the Columbian Necktie!  I've never seen Isla Dawn before and she's GOOD.  GREAT METERORA by Dawn.  This match is GREAT.  Dawn bumps to the floor and Alba Fyre dives like a lunatic over the top turnbuckle to the floor!  Man, both these gals should jump to STARDOM.  Isla Dawn is fucking awesome.  She is outbumping Alba Fyre.  OH NO!  The ref has been cursed?  That's pretty stupid.  Isla Dawn steals the Bunny's finisher and gets the win!  Other than the stupid shit, that match was awesome.  Isla Dawn is fucking awesome.  I WILL NOW TAKE A BREAK!

• Like 1

The New Day!  Pretty Deadly!  Booker T crapping on this match before it even starts is interesting.  Kit is great as a chickenshit heel.  Elton forgoes the chickenshit heel section and goes straight to Fabulous Ones violent psycho.  Kofi hits a nice Tope Con Hilo!  Kit goes psycho as they start beating the hell out of Kofi Kingston who is now our face in peril.  Xavier Woods is all spectacular after making the hot tag.  Woods and Elton lay it the fuck in.  Quadruple Eddie Guerrero spots was pretty great.  Pretty Deadly are fucking AWESOME throwing a fit after the belt shot only gets a two count. New Day hits Decapitation for the win!  Which is weird.  It's like FTR winning the IMPACT! tag titles.  That was good.  IT's the Men's Ironman thingy!  JD McDonagh and Axiom start off and I fear for the ligaments of Axiom's knee!  Man, McDonagh is the new C--- B-----.  He is intense!  They are fucking LAYING IT IN.   Man, GREAT fucking LARIAT by McDonagh.  GREAT Tiger Driver by McDonagh!  Carmello Hayes is super spectacular entering the fray!  Hayes and McDonagh lay it in while Axiom is in the PENALTY BOX!  THE PENALTY BOX!  Grayson Waller is a ball of fire entering the match.  McDonagh is the best wrestler in this but the second best wrestler is highly debatable.  Waller is the better all around guy.  Hayes is the most exciting.  Waller clears out McDonagh and Axiom to SHOWBOAT Waller vs Hayes.  I love the brawl in the penalty box, like if you had a hockey fight and put both dudes in the same penalty box.  That was effective use of the fucked up rules of the match.  BEAUTIFUL Bruce Lee Kick to the face by Axiom onto McDonagh.  Gacy is awesome bringing the STIFF!  So the main thing I take away from this match is that Joe Gacy versus JD McDonagh would completely fucking rule.  It's funny.  It's like they watched the ladies' version and said, "Oh we can do THESE things and make it a much better match."  MAN, McDonagh is fucking awesome.  Joe Gacy is the breakout star of this, since I don't remember him being this good before.  The last minute was FUCKING AWESOME.  So... MORE JD McDONAGH AND MORE JOE GACY!  Grayson Waller is good too.  So is Axiom and Carmello Hayes.  These two matches really show the depth of the NXT roster.  That was good.  ONE MORE BREAK!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

Man, both these gals should jump to STARDOM.

Kay lee Ray worked multiple tours and two GPS. Check out her GP matches against Toni and High speed match against Mari Apache if the chance ever arises. Her first round match in the SWA tournament with Io is short but good as well.

Dawn worked the 2016 GP, but left early without warning due to possible bullying by Tessa Blanchard.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

It's funny.  It's like they watched the ladies' version and said, "Oh we can do THESE things and make it a much better match."

The women's match felt like an example of how the match is supposed to work while men's showed what it could potentially be when going next level.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Dawn worked the 2016 GP, but left early without warning due to possible bullying by Tessa Blanchard.

So Tessa Blanchard was a menace.

It's Bron Breakker and Apollo Crews!  I wonder who will go the MOST Steiner in this.  I love that this starts out with an extended Headlock/Head Scissors segment.  Crews does some light Lucha Libre highflying.  Breakker goes Steiner first with the Delayed Lateral Suplex and matches Crews highflying by hitting an AWESOME Fat Boy Tope Con Hilo!  They both did Standing Moonsaults!  GREAT Knee To The Face by Crews onto Breakker coming off the top.  Apollo Crews then goes crazy!  And makes with the STEINER! hitting three German Suplexes!  And then goes TOTAL Doctor Death Steve Williams hitting multiple Powerbombs!  AND THEN A LOVE MACHINE SPLASH!  FOR TWO!  THEN! HE misses a Stinger Splash!  Breakker then matches Crews Steinering culminating with a toprope SteinerLine!  These two should jump to 1995 New Japan.  Then they start beating the crud out of each other.  THEN! Breakker hits a Spear and pins Crews!  That was good.  A total power heavyweight match isn't something you see everyday.  That was a good little PPV.

• Like 2