DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2022-23: PERIOD 1

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, the rest of the league doesn't start for like a week, but right now in Prague, the Sharks are opening the regular season with the Predators!  

San Jose!  Nashville!  In Prague!   This is some kind of Geneva Convention violation!  

HOCKEY~~~

On 10/14/2022 at 8:01 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

This happened last night in Belmont.  

She said no.  The Panthers scored about 30 seconds later.  #lovewins

Man, fake wedding proposal rejections were old 10 years ago. 

Detroit, after two excellent wins to start the season, took an OT loss against LA last night. Up one late, the Kings picked up a turnover and had a clear path at an empty net goal to put it away. Instead Dylan Larkin made an outstanding play to catch up and make a pokecheck at the last instant and save the goal. They then scored to tie it up before losing in OT. 

It's early, and they're definitely not good, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. The defense, in particular, is a lot better. 

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Sure Vegas is nice but have you ever been to West Edmonton Mall on a balmy thursday in February?

I have actually, although it may have been a Wednesday. 

I came prepared for arctic conditions in Alberta in February and it was so warm (50 F) that I had to take the lining out of my winter coat. 

I loved the sports cards shop at the mall. I was able to buy some Canadian only McFarlene figures including the outdoor classic 2 pack where Jose Theodore is wearing a toque. 

Raise your hand if you had Detroit as "last team to lose in regulation". They fell from that perch last night with a horrible effort at home against New Jersey. 

Lots of good things for Detroit so far this year, particularly on defense. Some concerns, too. Lucas Raymond and Mo Seider haven't put up big numbers thus far. That will come. Tyler Bertuzzi is out for several weeks with an injury. Jakub Vrana is out indefinitely as part of the Player Wellness program (rehab). Vrana was playing great so that hurts but obviously his health is way more important. 

All in all, it's clear that the Wings are moving in the right direction for the first time in several years. 

Nice rebound game from Detroit as they beat Washington 3-1. Michael Rasmussen returned from his 2-game suspension against the team of Evgeny Kuznetsov, who recently got a 1-game suspension. These two examples are a perfect highlight showing how ridiculous the NHL Wheel of Justice can be. Youtube the videos to see what I mean. 

6 hours ago, Tabe said:

Nice rebound game from Detroit as they beat Washington 3-1. Michael Rasmussen returned from his 2-game suspension against the team of Evgeny Kuznetsov, who recently got a 1-game suspension. These two examples are a perfect highlight showing how ridiculous the NHL Wheel of Justice can be. Youtube the videos to see what I mean. 

In said game - Ovie scored the Caps lone goal.

It was his 786th which ties him with Gordie Howe for most goals with a single team