DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

52 minutes ago, EVA said:

Gonna be really interested to watch this ND/OSU tape when I get home. Definitely didn’t see 10-7 ND at the half coming. Freeman must be calling some masterful D.

I'm only able to catch glimpses at work, but a lot of two deep safeties and betting Ohio can't beat em by taking little chunks at a time.

They blitzed on the touchdown and... Well, touchdown

Definitely a rough day for PAC-12 optics. But Oregon and Utah both had difficult challenges. Georgia is Georgia, and the Swamp is a brutal place to have to fly across two time zones to play in September humidity, even with the Gators in a rebuild. I have little doubt that the Utes will have a better season than the Gators, but that was a tough out for them tonight.

I think this does seriously impact Utah’s natty hopes, because the rest of their OOC schedule is trash. They REALLY need USC to be great, so they can have an attractive win on their resume.

That UNC/App St game was some bonkers football. Told my buddies to wait a few minutes for the end of the game, which ended up taking 35 minutes.

Syracuse looked like world beaters against Louisville despite a LOT (and I mean a lot) of false start calls. Shrader was slinging the ball well and his legs were making some big time plays. Hoping the easy schedule upcoming leads us to a big showdown with NC State on the horizon.

I wasn’t able to get my PAC-12 preview up before the weekend kicked off, but, yes, Oregon State has been low key building a really solid program the last couple of years and they’re going to be pretty good this year. They could take the North if Oregon doesn’t bounce back from the Georgia shellacking.

Conversely, Boise has quietly been on the downward slope for the past 3 or 4 years. All golden ages come to an end, and I think their days of being an automatic Top 20 team/dark horse natty contender/threat to beat any P5 team they play are over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

NUMBER #1 AND THE BEST~!

Iowa did not manage to score a touchdown after that.

I know it's only week 1, lots of things can happen... But Iowa just might have the makings of one of the worst major program offenses ever this year.

• Like 1

Seriously you probably take a knee and clinch the game on a FG and nope.  Granted I dont see LSU going 98 yards in a minute but man Florida State has to make shit hard

once again some incredibly awful prevent defense with only a minute or less left

This has to be one of the craziest weeks in college football history.   

Edited by hammerva

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

Seriously you probably take a knee and clinch the game on a FG and nope.  Granted I dont see LSU going 98 yards in a minute but man Florida State has to make shit hard

once again some incredibly awful prevent defense with only a minute or less left

This has to be one of the craziest weeks in college football history.   

I can’t decide if that was an outstanding game or a trainwreck.  Equal number of outstanding plays and brain farts & butterfingers in closing minutes.