DVDVR Message Board

November 2013 Football.

The Natural

I still don't think they're title contenders. Something just doesn't feel legit about them.

And, although we didn't deserve to win, that ref arbitrarily deciding not to let Suarez take a free kick quickly was an absolute abortion of a decision.

If Arsenal doesn't seem like a legit challenger at this point...who does?  Chelsea, by virtue of one home win and two away draws against "top teams", plus losing to Newcastle?  Man City, with Joe Hart being off form and dropping points against lesser teams like Cardiff, Stoke, and Villa?  Spurs, who have spent all of that Bale money on seven players and yet have only managed nine goals in ten matches?

So Ashley Young is back to his diving best. The difference in media coverage in England between Young diving and Suarez diving is quite unbelievable.

I'm no Suarez mark, but man do they make him public enemy number one when he goes down in the box.

Ashley Young just gets the odd "I wish he'd cut that out of his game. Maybe the manager should have a little word."

Suarez gets "what a piece of work, this guy is bad for the sport and bad for the league. They should look to sell him."

The same goes for Steve Gerrard and Wayne Rooney. When England's darlings dive it's quietly ignored.