DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Lakers starting lineup for tonight...

Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Nick Young, Shawne Williams & Pau Gasol

Also it appears Nash won't be playing on back-to-backs. This is perfect!

Gonna learn to photoshop all the potential top draft picks in Lakers jerseys.

How perfectly infuriating that the Lakers are going to have their worst season in years directly preceding a draft class that most are saying is the best since Lebron came out. 

In other news, I think Anthony Bennett will get hurt at some point this year, and we can all have fun watching him put on about five pounds a day. 

Him being out of shape after shoulder surgery doesn't bother me that much, but the fact that he deals with asthma, AND a sleep apnea is way more concerning to me.

How did they just find out about his asthma and sleep apnea?  At least the asthma  seems like something that could be diagnosed with basic medical tests.  People have had a financial stake in his athletic performance for at least the last few years, how do they not do their due diligence and see if he has problems breathing.  The only thing more ridiculous is Rudy Gay claiming that he just realized he couldn't see last year.

Shawne Williams' career is consistently baffling to me.  He's always been average or below offensively, terrible defensively, he gets busted with weed once or twice a year and yet he keeps getting contracts.

Shawne Williams' career is consistently baffling to me.  He's always been average or below offensively, terrible defensively, he gets busted with weed once or twice a year and yet he keeps getting contracts.

He got this contract with the Lakers based on it being a cheap deal and him fitting the D'Antoni system. he got outplayed defensively at power forward by Wesley Johnson...AT POWER FORWARD! Wesley Johnson!

I am kinda curious to see if Xavier Henry's preseason play continues into the season or he disappears. Lakers do have a streak of having 1 player improve on their roster going on for the past 6-7 years now. Let's just forget the part that they all usually end up leaving.

All this talk about Lakers being in the lottery, but people forget that Kobe is the fly in the ointment here.  He's probably the only person in the organization that doesn't realize it's a tank season.

If he comes back, and plays at a decent level then I don't think the Lakers will be bad enough, they probably won't make the playoffs, but they might only be a 10-13 pick in the draft, and that is no man's land.  (Then again this is the NBA, and it is the lottery, and stranger things have happened with picks.)

All this talk about Lakers being in the lottery, but people forget that Kobe is the fly in the ointment here.  He's probably the only person in the organization that doesn't realize it's a tank season.

That is the best part of the whole thing.  I can't wait to see Kobe staring a hole into Nick Young for taking a horrible three with 20 seconds left in the shot clock.  He will be actively asking management to see if they can resign Smush Parker.

How many games do they hold their opponent under 100 points?  This is the worst defensive team, on paper, that I can remember.

Number 10 has been good for the Lakers in the past. The 2 times they've been in the lottery that was were they picked.

I think the bigger issue with Kobe will be during the summer.

How many games do they hold their opponent under 100 points?  This is the worst defensive team, on paper, that I can remember.

The Sixers and a few other teams will disagree, but yeah, they will be really bad defensively this season....I'M PUMPED!!!!

As bad as this season will be, I'm so glad to not see a Dwight Howard game. All those missed free throws. Games seemed longer.

Sweet Tyrone.  The Clippers might scored 80 on that squad before half-time.

On paper, this Lakers team might be spectacularly horrid on defense this year.  I can't wait!

The Mavericks have already fired their GM after a whole 3 months.

espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9899190/dallas-mavericks-general-manager-gersson-rosas-part-ways

The brief tenure of Gersson Rosas in the Dallas Mavericks' front office is over.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Mavericks and Rosas parted company Tuesday, the eve of Dallas' season opener against the Atlanta Hawks and just more than three months after Rosas was hired away from the Houston Rockets' front office.

Sources briefed on the situation told ESPN.com that the abrupt parting was triggered by the fact that Rosas -- hired by the Mavericks to work in support of longtime president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson -- wanted to be "in charge" of basketball operations. Concerns about how Rosas would fit into the Mavericks' front-office structure in a supplementary role to Nelson, sources said, surfaced almost immediately after Rosas' arrival in late July.

The intent when the Mavericks hired Rosas late in free agency was to inject a new voice and fresh ideas in terms of scouting, analytics and recruitment to a front-office team spearheaded by Nelson and longtime executive Keith Grant, whose association with the franchise dates to Dallas' inaugural NBA season in 1980-81.

Rosas, 35, worked his way from an intern to executive vice president of basketball operations in Houston and was one of three members of the Rockets' front office to be poached by other teams during the offseason.

A native of Colombia, Rosas was initially targeted by the Mavericks to bolster their pro and college scouting efforts after working extensively with the Rockets' successful D-League franchise.