DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 2/12/2020

RIPPA

Just going to make @RIPPA's post in the general post into the thread starter for this week.

Elsewhere:

• FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE NXT CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Angel Garza vs. Lio Rush
  • Candice LaRae vs. Dakota Kai
  • Keith Lee and Dominic Dijakovic prep for Takeover
  • Two women continue to ignore Bianca BelAir
  • Velveteen Dream confronts the Undisputed Era
  • Tomasso Ciampa confronts the Undisputed Era
    • Tag Team Match y'all, holla holla - *

* - Probable

How is Velveteen the babyface in all this? Roddy has a cute wife and a cute kid and Dream wants to swoop in and ruin their family? I hope Strong kicks his ass.

The Dunne/Riddle vignettes were spectacular. Dunne showing off a side of his dry humor will only help him be over even more.

42 minutes ago, Peck said:

How is Velveteen the babyface in all this? Roddy has a cute wife and a cute kid and Dream wants to swoop in and ruin their family? I hope Strong kicks his ass.

Roddy and UE threw Dream off a truck and tried to murder/cripple him several months ago. 

• Like 1

Dream rules. The UE are a bunch of too cool bullies who tried to ruin his career. But Dream has long established that he is someone willing and able to play head games to gain advantage over an opponent or to get the spotlight. 

Roddy’s first push came when he was being established as a family man who had a tough life. I can very well see in kayfabe Dream healing up, plotting his revenge and going through every last second of footage he can find of Roddy. Then he sees those segments and knows that there is still a part of Roddy that thinks himself to be a family man, and that is where he can hurt him the most and texts his airbrush dude immediately.

I would think Dream was a heel if Roddy and the UES didn’t try and destroy his career. Roddy wants us to forget about that part of his career so he can play wannabe tough guy flunkie. Dream turned it on him as his weakness.

That graphic that signals Dream’s appearance is so incredible, too.

• Like 2

The Dream/Roddy segment was neat. Roddy/Bronson was decent though maybe went a few minutes longer than necessary seeing that Reed isn't seeing a Takeover any time soon. The finish actually annoyed me a bit. Interference like that getting bypassed should not happen when being done to a heel. Either let Reed get the cheap win or don't do that kind of finish in the first place.

Kai/Candice was decent, but it feels like Kai has lost a lot of momentum the past month or so. Her matches haven't been super impressive, and they never seem to let her doing any super shitty things that would keep her properly hated. They also keep undermining her with faces getting one over on her too much. She should have absolutely wasted Candice in this not giving a damn about victory. Same with her match with Mia a month or so ago where for some reason they decided to let Mia toss Kai through a table post match. That shit should have been saved for the feud with Nox. Hopefully they can turn things around at Takeover, but I kind of doubt it at this point.

The Broserweights journey to Portland with the trophy was amusing.

Dug the video with Henry propping up Lee and Dijakovic as the next level of big men in the business. 

Bianca murdering Santana was ok. Was nice seeing her get one over on Rhea post match.

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Also Marina Shafir might be cute, or whatever, but she's also a kayfabe asshole just like Roderick Strong.

Fair, but once you bring the kid in it's a different story unless he's an offspring of Chucky.