DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Injustice captures this moment in time more than any gimmick out there.  If they can find the right opponents for them they could get over huge.

I was just thinking the other day how there's no way they could be heels when they come back.

I personally think Dominic Garrini looks like modern day Sean Astin.

• Like 2

i am not sure what was funnier,  Alicia Atout saying that Robert Parker has been in the business for about 100 years or that they air brushed a certain part of Aria Blake because I guess the idea is that she doesn't wear panties when hanging out him 

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So based on the recent news, does this mean that MLW will be on DAZN and Bein Sports or only on DAZN?

Per Meltzer, MLW will continue to air on BeIn Sports. He also wrote that episodes will continue to stream on YT "for now," so I'm guessing once first-run material resumes, the YT option will be pulled and streaming will be DAZN exclusive.

Also, given that DAZN is refusing to pay rights fees to sports leagues due to COVID-19 and it's halted international expansion, I'm honestly curious how strong the streamer's footing is these days.

• 2 weeks later...

MLW Update: Savio Vega wants Holliday in Roberto Clemente Stadium. Ole Mancer is fighting a bear in his trailer. And Low Ki made an idle comment about "50 states being closed down so I can't ply my trade"* or something like that... I wonder if he's really a nut or is working now. Probably just a nut. 

* This is on top of the Tweet, the comment was in a Pulp Fiction Montage week before last

Edited by Curt McGirt

Apparently the new 4th member of Injustice is already gone (Saieve el Sabah) , as he was complaining about MLW's use of Chasyn Rance (aka the pedo who was involved with CEOxNJPW).

Using Rance at this point is completely inexcusable- he's a known pedo and people still give Kenny and Jebailey shit for their accidental use of him.

Pillman Jr is also trying to leave over it (or more likely to go to AEW to get paid)

4 hours ago, alstein said:

Apparently the new 4th member of Injustice is already gone (Saieve el Sabah) , as he was complaining about MLW's use of Chasyn Rance (aka the pedo who was involved with CEOxNJPW).

Using Rance at this point is completely inexcusable- he's a known pedo and people still give Kenny and Jebailey shit for their accidental use of him.

Pillman Jr is also trying to leave over it (or more likely to go to AEW to get paid)

Was he the 3rd or 4th member? Because I’ve noticed Kotto Brazil hasn’t been mentioned in awhile.

5 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

Was he the 3rd or 4th member? Because I’ve noticed Kotto Brazil hasn’t been mentioned in awhile.

Brazil was written out during a backstage attack by Contra Unit.

• Like 1

https://wrestlingnews.co/mlw-news/brian-pillman-jr-on-taking-aew-opportunity-while-under-contract-with-mlw/

Brian Pillman Jr. is slated to work another match under the AEW banner as he will wrestle Shawn Spears on this week’s episode of AEW Dark. This will be his second match for AEW.

We noted earlier on the site that a report from ProWrestling.net noted Pillman is still under contract with MLW. As to how he’s able to work for AEW while under contract with MLW, it turns out that Pillman’s MLW deal was signed prior to the formation of AEW.

Thus, it allows him to work for AEW or any other promotion in addition to his remaining MLW dates as long as there’s not a conflict.

Pillman talked about the situation while doing an interview with WrestleTalk, which is where he put over MLW for giving him a great platform to further create art and get experience in the business.

Pillman confirmed the details in the report mentioned above. Although he said he originally wanted to stick with MLW, the COVID-19 pandemic happened. He saw the opportunity with AEW as a big one that would allow himself to be put in front of a wider audience and prove his worth.

“I think what happened with the COVID-19 pandemic was they [MLW] got very apprehensive with running shows meanwhile you have Impact [Wrestling], AEW and WWE that are running shows with no fans. It was just hard for me to sit still and wait for them to bring me an opportunity. I just went out and chased the opportunities that were available to me. Per my contract, I was allowed to work for AEW. So it was a no-brainer to chase an opportunity at AEW.”

He added, “I’m not sure what their future plans are or when MLW’s next show is. I think not having that information, not having that security, and knowing when I was going back to work made it easier to look somewhere else for work.”

Pillman stated that he wishes MLW all the best in their future endeavors and noted how it appears that they removed him from the roster, which he completely understands.

Pillman pointed out how he was never really informed about MLW’s status with him, but rather he told MLW that he was going to look for other work. He has no hard feelings and it’s just business. He put them over for having great talent.

You'd have to pay me decent money to watch that Vampiro/Daniels match, holy shit does it seem to go on forever and I'm laughing at how dead the crowd was and their reaction to the finish.

The video of the show at the Manhattan Center with Jerry Lynn/Kojima got re-ran last night. This one was reviewed in a Road Report here: https://web.archive.org/web/20071204221016/http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/road/MLW(092602).html 

It doesn't include the fabulous promo by an enraged LA Park who jumps Fonzie, throws trash cans on top of him and yells "SHUT UPA YOU MOUTH!" though ?

EDIT: Side note, Tammy doesn't look as bad as they say she does on the tape. That Desperadoes joke still cracks me up though. 

EDIT II: The matches they do show are the Dr. Death squash, Funk/Candido, Lynn/Kojima. The Park/Shocker match was taped and features on another episode so I presume they taped the whole thing. And boy, they did a crappy job mic'ing it. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 4:23 PM, Jiji said:

You'd have to pay me decent money to watch that Vampiro/Daniels match, holy shit does it seem to go on forever and I'm laughing at how dead the crowd was and their reaction to the finish.

This. I like both of them but this was an awful match.