DVDVR Message Board

NJPW WrestleKingdom 12 in Tokyo Dome 1/4/2018

Raziel

I've really enjoyed it so far. Like I said earlier, no clue about star ratings, but it's my favorite of the night followed super closely by Cody/Ibushi.

No reason not to think Jericho won't be at the US show in Long Beach this year, especially since there's a gap in his Fozzy tour schedule that week.

Yeah, don't know how that match was gonna be any better than it was. Great stuff. Jericho was eating up a chance to heel like that. Kenny did his madman shtick without nearly killing himself. Outcome wasn't certain. Gotta have that blood to stand out to all the WWE fans watching just for this match. Good shit, props to the old lion.

• Like 2

I feel like I saw a different match than you guys. Jericho's delayed bumping, inability to keep up, the terrible comedy spot... They was a really bad match with a really good stretch run. But it damn sure wasn't a great match.

That was a match worked in the Austin attitude era mould but with a way better in-ring finishing third than most any of his big classics barring the Bret mania match. It had everything I would've hoped and more. Pacing and selling were both great and they manipulated the crowd expertly. Don't know what else you wanted from that match but I disagree with a lot of your hot takes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I feel like I saw a different match than you guys. Jericho's delayed bumping, inability to keep up, the terrible comedy spot... They was a really bad match with a really good stretch run. But it damn sure wasn't a great match.

I think you're in the minority on that one, the consensus online seems to be it was a pretty fantastic match. Here, Reddit, and another board I visit... I can count on two hands how many people had negative things to say about it.

Yeah Kevin Kelly can go fuck himself with this "if you don't think Omega is the best you can go to hell" stuff.  Who thought Omega was going to be the weak one in this match.  Even people who thinks the Meltzer 6 star obsession with Omega is stupid realizes that he is top 5 in the business

This crowd reaction for Naito is just amazing given what he has gone through to get here.  If the plan is Okada winning then someone better do an quick 180 on that.

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah Kevin Kelly can go fuck himself with this "if you don't think Omega is the best you can go to hell" stuff. 

I find it so odd with them pushing that, despite in kayfabe Okada should clearly be considered better, right?

10 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I find it so odd with them pushing that, despite in kayfabe Okada should clearly be considered better, right?

Well, Omega did beat him the last time*, but I think it's more a case of New Japan wanting to push him as their western ace with their English speaking commentators.

*The neck, yeah.

I get that. But it's not the worst thing to play along with the fiction, y'know? It's not so hard to believe the English broadcast would be biased, is it? That we'd essentially be getting the Jinder in India feed? Okada's plenty protected, by Kelly and everyone else. Kind of a silly hill to even get a paper cut on.

8 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Well, Omega did beat him the last time*, but I think it's more a case of New Japan wanting to push him as their western ace with their English speaking commentators.

*The neck, yeah.

Was going to say that exact thing. Kenny is heavily the western MVP and it's a toss up between these two for the Japanese MVP. 

Took a while for the crowd to really get into this surprisingly.