DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Most definitely.  The resources and starting bonuses for your class help out tremendously.  You also unlock bonus credits in ME2 for unlocking the Rich achievement (having over a million credits) in ME1.

Having to level up a character to 60 isn't so bad.  It gives you a chance to unlock a few more achievements like various Ally achievements.

Well without the DLC and using annonying grinding techniques - it was really fucking tough to get Level 60 on two playthroughs.

I mean I didn't finally get it till I did my FemShep playthrough and I did fucking everything to get there.

It was nice being 60 since they did make a distinction between 60 and 59 when you went into ME2 but it was in no way a handicap. Low 50s though was tough

I haven't rolled the Mako yet.  Yeah driving it was a bitch, but I think I managed not to crash it at all.  

Course, I had plenty of practice not realizing that you could save anywhere outside of combat and I kept dying on the stretch on Noveria between the base and the station, getting reset all the way back to the beginning...

Damn modern games and their "checkpoints every 15 steps" thing.

Then I get to like, Ferros and there's a checkpoint every 15 steps...

If you get into exploring all the planets for side quests and what not, you'll get very familiar with crashing the damned Mako.  The game designers loved putting collectables in places where you have to drive the thing on almost vertical slopes.  Easily the most irritating part of ME1, at least for me.

So, one thing I really noticed is that I don't need to buy much. About everything one would need save for armors drops rather regularly. That hold true for the whole series, or just 1?

So, one thing I really noticed is that I don't need to buy much. About everything one would need save for armors drops rather regularly. That hold true for the whole series, or just 1?

A lot of it, yeah. I bought a lot of weapon upgrades for the third one, but other than that you don't really need to buy a hell of a lot.

Then I get to like, Ferros and there's a checkpoint every 15 steps...

You will appreciate this down in the catacombs when Medi-Gel is scarce and Thorian Creeper venom lasts for like two minutes minutes.

In later games - you definitely want to buy the upgrades on your favorite weapons.

Or you buy everything because you start to get the shakes if there is an item in the store you haven't purchased yet.

I clearly have a problem

• Like 2

In later games - you definitely want to buy the upgrades on your favorite weapons.

Or you buy everything because you start to get the shakes if there is an item in the store you haven't purchased yet.

I clearly have a problem

I did not need the last upgrade for the Shotgun Ultralight Materiels Mod so much that I would destroy my sanity trying to get the high score on Relay Defense.

I continue to learn new things about ME3 even 2 1/2 years after I started playing it

Last week - JT started laughing at me because I discovered that you could detonate Dark Sphere early when using the Awakened Collector thus making it the GREATEST FUCKING POWER EVER!

Also - this weekend I discovered that in Rebellion Mastery there is "Extract 10 Times With Quarian Engineer". Well it counts Female AND Male in that. (I will also admit - I might have known this already and totally forgot about it)

Also - this weekend I discovered that in Rebellion Mastery there is "Extract 10 Times With Quarian Engineer". Well it counts Female AND Male in that. (I will also admit - I might have known this already and totally forgot about it)

It works but I think that was a bug that was never fixed since only Male Quarians were introduced in Rebellion.

Whoever scripted Virmire can go fuck themselves.  I suppose I need a second playthrough to deal with Wrex in a way that doesn't have Ashley go all "get your hands off my man" on him (playing a Male Shep first run).

And no, I didn't know that making the choices I made was gonna end up with Kaiden going out in a blaze of glory.  Ashley had the nuke, she was more important...

Why did I sit on this game so long?

When I worked part-time at GameStop, I thought we were going to have to start a support group for players coping with Kaiden's last stand.

It fucked people up that much.

AND THE DAMN GAME DIDN'T LET ME FULLY FUCK UP SAREN FOR THAT SHIT!!!!!

At least not yet, I wrapped up my session after the council report.  I mean, yeah, I got to fight him, but fucker's still alive.

*pours two out for Wrex and Kaiden*

AND THE DAMN GAME DIDN'T LET ME FULLY FUCK UP SAREN FOR THAT SHIT!!!!!

At least not yet, I wrapped up my session after the council report.  I mean, yeah, I got to fight him, but fucker's still alive.

*pours two out for Wrex and Kaiden*

And people today think that the Red Wedding was traumatic.  You wouldn't have a "This Game Is Destroying My Life!" moment like Virmire until Noble Team starts dying off one by one in Halo: Reach.