DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-11-16

MGFanJay

So, Heyman called Brock a prizefighter.

If it was anybody but Heyman, I might say it was a red herring, but I feel like it wasn't an accident.

Some of us thought the same about the Heyman interview on the post-Royal Rumble snowed in Raw from last year, like he was building to turning on Lesnar.

I think Heyman just likes to push people's buttons.

There was an issue of the comic "Powers," where women were gaining superpowers from having unprotected sex with superheroes. Seems the super-splooge would imbue them temporarily with extra abilities.

I think the booking team sees Nikki and Cena in this light.

*Note to self: Read "Powers"

• Like 2

I think it shows they still view the Wyatts highly that they let them slip away and not catch the beatdown with the rest of the heels.

I liked that the Wyatts were there (because why wouldn't they want a front row seat for seeing Reigns get beat up) but they made no move to get involved in the beat down or line up to get fed to Brock.  It leaves the option open for a bigger blow off at the Rumble or down the line.  I thought that was an appropriately reasonable side story to the whole deal.

• Like 4

I could see a Wyatt's face turn working after Vince and Stephanie try to bark orders to them and Bray tells them they don't listen to the McMahon's; their purpose is a higher purpose. Cut down on the supernatural mumbo-jumbo and have Bray be more of voice for the downtrodden. He can cut a promo very similar to the Wyatt's exit from nxt. Face them off against the League of Nations, New Day, or whatever other heels the McMahon's can throw in front them.

How do you take an act where every little thing about them is great and screw it up? That takes willpower.

It's baffling since at the same time, they got The Shield right at every step of the way.

I don't know about that. There was a period where they were relegated to pre-shows in the Summer of 2013.

There was an issue of the comic "Powers," where women were gaining superpowers from having unprotected sex with superheroes. Seems the super-splooge would imbue them temporarily with extra abilities.

I think the booking team sees Nikki and Cena in this light.

*Note to self: Read "Powers"
It's not that good, honestly.

Anyone else notice the irony of the bucket of chicken being in the Usos/Ambrose/Jericho pic?

• Like 1

Powers is excellent at points. The Supergroup arc is one of my favorites. But it's inconsistent, and the sex superpowers thing was, to my recollection, just a throw away line. (And I think it was oral sex specifically.)

Powers is excellent at points. The Supergroup arc is one of my favorites. But it's inconsistent, and the sex superpowers thing was, to my recollection, just a throw away line. (And I think it was oral sex specifically.)

I had a hard time getting past the fact that the little girl singlehandedly solved the Retro Girl killing while the two lead detectives spent the whole storyline bitching at each other.

I hope this Social Outcasts group gets a real shot at doing something. I'm getting a real "Rockabilly & the Roadie" vibe from them.