DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You know, you really have to hand it to Rockstar for at least keeping online fresh with new activities. They could've just abandoned it, it's been years now, they have their money.

Freemode's fun if you like killing people, but there's other things to do if you don't. It leans more toward killing people, but it's still fun.

I tried to do King of the Castle this afternoon, and some guy in a dunce cap was Mary Louing and just fucking me up, and I said "screw it" and worked on my daily objectives. I cannot seem to win a firefight to save my life, I can't seem to auto-target anybody with a machine gun - I'm always shooting above their head.

I did have a fun sequence with a guy who bumped into my car with his - I love to just stop and wait to see what they do next. His next move was to start shooting at me. My next move was to detonate the sticky bomb on my grill. I won. I then chased him down and missed him with 2,000 sniper shots until he gave up and left.

• Like 1

I dunno, I like the VIP thing - the criminal organization just sounds like an extension of that. VIP's awesome for bringing strangers together, and would've been even more awesome when we had a crew of four playing way back when.

Someone will find a way to stupid up the tubes for racing like those hair-pulling quit-immediately motorcycle parkour races.

It seems like every time I log onto the game, after about 10-20 minutes of killing people and doing stuff, I drive/fly over to my yacht and end up in the jacuzzi, staring out into the ocean, occasionally drinking and/or smoking depending on where I'm sitting.

I'm pretty sure I need a vacation, but I couldn't tell you if it's from the game or IRL.

Got on a bit last night for what must've been the first time in a month.  Ran into quite a bit of excitement in the first room I joined.  

Started off with nobody around, so I figured I'd run over to ammunation, since I was low on explosives.  Heard sirens starting to go off while I was shopping, so I figured somebody was about to run up my ass.  Turned out I was right, but he got me before I could do anything about it.  I saw him hop back into an Insurgent before I respawned, so I knew what my target was.  I found him as soon as I respawned, and shot him out.  Then I realized there were a shit ton of dots around.  I was doing ok, despite the 10000 cops that showed up, but after a couple minutes I started to notice that everbody was focused on me.  

Looked up the player list, and sure enough it turned out I'd run into a crew of 6.  Finally got to see how it felt to be on the other end of one of those fights.  I held my own against em, despite having to deal with the Insurgent, a Kuruma, multiple mary lous and one guy that used about an endless number of RPGs.  RPG boy was the only one that finished up on me.

Most of the other rooms I joined really didn't have anything going on.  Left one room because as soon as I joined a jet flew over with guns blazing.  I figured, who needs that shit.  Last room did at least have a VIP and his two bodyguards running around in a Baller killing folks.  I greeted em in the customary nite shift manner, complete with a bouquet of sticky bombs, but they got pissed off for some reason.  I sniped em a bunch of times before they all escaped.  Then they sent me a bodyguard invite, so I figured I'd had enough.

• Like 2

I saw you on and thought about joining in, but at this point, I'm much more of a liability than an asset. I could've given them someone's ass to kick while you got work done.

I did have the sniper working last time I was on, but that's the exception, not the rule.

At least it's not another goddamn adversary mode. This actually looks very promising. I quite enjoy VIP stuff, but it's been worn out after a short amount of time. There's also the standard 4th of July update, though that may be downsized since this thing is coming out. 

Hope it's a good update. This game needs a double-shot in the arm in the worst way. 

Just popped on for a sec before the ballgame, and I gotta say, this game is SO much fun when things are going your way. When they're not ...

I put a Level 26 through the ringer just 'cause I could. I started to mess with a VIP and his bodyguards when I learned a valuable lesson by staring at the map after they got killed - since they spawn so close to the VIP, you're in deep trouble. Let's say you key on one and you're trying to take him out. I'm big on taking cover and picking my shots, even if it takes a while to get the right opportunity.

Meanwhile, all his teammates are spawning near him, so you can't really hold cover and look to take one person out without the other 2 or 3 changing positions on you constantly, spawning behind you or near you in a sightline you weren't expecting. It's a challenge, for sure.

So I decided that I need to really pick my shots - stay away from VIPs without backup of my own, key on one person here and there.

I also blew up several personal vehicles and it never charged me, which I found odd.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:32 PM, jstout said:

I also blew up several personal vehicles and it never charged me, which I found odd.

At this point, the game probably looks at your DVDR tag and says "Eh, fuck it. Death, taxes, and these motherfuckers blowing themselves up - the constants of life."

• Like 3

Dalmit, I miss the days of us coming in a room and everyone else leaving. They didn't have to go home, they just couldn't stay there. There were times when anyone we got near started dying repeatedly. We had our bad nights, sure, but they were greatly outnumbered by the good ones.

My off-and-on-ness drives me crazy. I've been playing this game for 200 years, I'm a Level 4,301, and I can only hang with dudes if they're about a Level 32 or below. I swear to God, I do not seek them out, though. I'll have an easy time with someone and think "Jesus, do I wanna know what this dude's level is?" I had a guy who was about a 220 just bust me up the other day. I couldn't do a thing.

But levels are deceiving, because he could be a 220 because he hardly ever does anything but Freemode. Or it could be a second character. I had a guy in a room the other day just absolutely DOMINATING everyone, and he was a Level 72. When I landed in the room, he was killing everyone at will with a jet. Finally, he wrecks the jet, and I was thinking "oh, that's his ass," and was headed his way.

Problem was, he was in a scrum of 6 people just freaking dominating all of them. He wasn't invincible, but he'd probably kill six guys for every time he died. I was like "uh, might be a good idea to think of something else to do."

I hate the fuckers who can dominate with a jet, and I hate the fuckers who drive around in a Kuruma with a buddy, and I hate that these are two perfectly legal tactics and I need to quit my whining and adapt instead of expecting everyone to fight my way. If I wanna be all moral and say "I wouldn't do that," I need to not get whiny when people are doing whatever they feel what they need to do to win.

I really do think we had kind of an unspoken strategy. Maybe not a strategy, but we knew what each other's roles were. I miss that now. There really is strength in numbers - the more your target has to worry about, the more room it gives you to work. I like teaming up with randoms in rooms, 'cause sometimes you're like "holy shit, this dude can go." And I need all the help I can get.

• Like 2

I don't have a link, but I got an email tonight that Rockstar put 100k in our accounts, but you have to sign on by June 6th to keep it. I'm gonna be on probably getting my ass kicked for a while tonight if any of you psychos see this.

• Like 1

Burke, I wanna sincerely apologize for that fustercluck last night. That was both sad and sorry.

I knew I could just play about an hour, but at least it would be an hour of shooting dots and doing Stone Cold E.T. impressions, right? Well, phone rings, buddy of mine. I answer it, and of course, it's an hour of "my job sucks, my job sucks, my job sucks, my job sucks." Why you don't say? Jobs suck? First I've heard of it.

So I get into the room, run over to where you were, and proceeded to just get my goddamn brains beat out to the point where I'm like Yosemite Sam in that cartoon - RETREAT! Those two red dots were just beating the shit out of me. I needed a change of scenery.

So it was a shitload of driving around to find a dot, and I look at the clock and I gotta go. Damn real-world responsibilities. Again, sorry.

11 hours ago, RUkered said:

I don't have a link, but I got an email tonight that Rockstar put 100k in our accounts, but you have to sign on by June 6th to keep it.

They're lubing you up prior to the 6/7 update. 

It's a shame you guys aren't on PS4. I could get you guys some generous cash rather quickly. 

I'm pretty good on money, but could always use more in case I could use more.

Surprise there's been no talk about the story about someone at Rockstar creating parts of Liberty City in the game engine used to make GTA 5. People are thinking it could wind up being a DLC.

8 hours ago, jstout said:

Burke, I wanna sincerely apologize for that fustercluck last night. That was both sad and sorry.

I knew I could just play about an hour, but at least it would be an hour of shooting dots and doing Stone Cold E.T. impressions, right? Well, phone rings, buddy of mine. I answer it, and of course, it's an hour of "my job sucks, my job sucks, my job sucks, my job sucks." Why you don't say? Jobs suck? First I've heard of it.

So I get into the room, run over to where you were, and proceeded to just get my goddamn brains beat out to the point where I'm like Yosemite Sam in that cartoon - RETREAT! Those two red dots were just beating the shit out of me. I needed a change of scenery.

So it was a shitload of driving around to find a dot, and I look at the clock and I gotta go. Damn real-world responsibilities. Again, sorry.

Hell, no worries there. I didn't fare any better. I started that shit show by Allah Akbaring the JW20 guy or whatever his name was. I got his buddy a few times with the sniper, but the both of them stuck a size 13 up my hiney hole multiple times. I never got another kill on the one guy.

The closest I came was when I spotted him on a hill. I got him once with the sniper, and then he tumbled down the hill. I got excited because hell - I'll take the cheap kill at this point, right? Fucker died during the fall before I could get a shot off.

I laughed my ass off when you sent the RETREAT text and happily obliged.

Robert -I'll probably have some more time tonight if you or anyone else is around.

Edit - almost forgot one part. Stout - just to show you how much I was firing on 1 out of 8 cylinders, this little gem happened before you got on. I rigged up a car and took off toward a dot. I was speeding toward him and it looked like I was wide open to ram him and then blow us both up. About 10 feet or so from him, I slammed into something. I still have no idea what. Low fence or a curb or something that I didn't notice. Stopped the car dead. Before I had time to react, I hear the old familiar WHOOOOOOOSH as he stuck a rocket up my ass. All I could do was laugh. I should have taken that omen for what it was and switched back over to Uncharted 4.

• Like 1

I should be able to try it again tonight - I definitely will promise more focus, will turn the ringer on the phone off.

I swear, it's like the game would spawn us on opposite sides of those two guys, so they could kill me, do a 180 and kill you. Sometimes, son, you don't have to fight to be a man.

My favorite kill was driving a car very slowly up a hill to Allah Akbar someone while he had his back turned. There was a guy nearby who could've gunned me down in a second, but I guess he thought "this could be amusing."

• Like 2

I'll try and get on.  Long as little man sleeps it's all good.  Cutting 2 molars and all 4 canines at once does not equal a lot of sleep, unfortunately.  I could always try telling my wife "Honey, I know you're in meetings till 1 AM, but I'm playing GTA so you gotta take care of the baby".  Even I ain't that dumb, though.

• Like 2