DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Damnit, I'm going to have to figure out how this router shit works, aren't I?  

It's funny.  I mean, I'm an electrical engineer.  I'm supposed to be good at this shit.  But I will do anything to avoid having to mess with it. I'm basically a Luddite.

• Like 2

Dolfan, were you even having problems with it? I know Andrew was, he's having the exact same problems I was having. Unless you're getting dumped out of rooms constantly, I dunno that I'd mess with it. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Robert, maybe you can call the Geek Squad. It really amazes me that it's 2016 and we have to jump through all these hoops just to play video games online. You figure this stuff would run smoother by now, but people have been forwarding ports to get stuff to work for at least a decade now.

We need more firepower, that's for sure. I can't remember their names to save my life, but we ran into two people last night who were just complete terrorists. They were a VIP/bodyguard, and one was named (not exact name, I can't remember) Superstar and the other was Miss Superstar. After Dolfan left, I wrote one a message saying "are you guys a couple? You're both very good," 'cause I thought the idea of a GTA Online Bonnie and Clyde was pretty cool.

I never got a response, but they did invite me to be a bodyguard for their group. I said "what the hell?" and joined in. If you can't beat them (and I couldn't), join them, right? So I join and they're in the middle of about a nine-person scum near downtown, fighting with another VIP group with four guys in the same crew and several stragglers working solo. I killed a few of them, but holy shit, there were just too many people around me. Another problem was that the color of our team on the map was orange. The other team's color was purple, and I was having trouble telling them apart. So I'd have someone near me who I thought was a teammate who turned out to be the enemy, and they'd kill me with no problem at all.

I became a VIP in another room just to look at some of the menu choices. I tried to recruit a Level 1 to be a bodyguard, but he didn't bite. One cool thing I noticed is that if I wanted to use that limo with the machine gun bad enough, I could plunk down $20,000 a use without having to buy it. I assume that if I bought it, it would be delivered to me free like the Buzzard. That VIP shit does add another whole new dimension to freemode.

I did a couple of missions with randoms - I actually did Los Santos Connection with them. I grabbed a Buzzard - fuck it, I like doing it that way - and several of my teammates died rather quickly, so it came down to me in the Buzzard and a dude on the ground. We took care of business, I was proud of the guy.

Funniest one was doing Titan of a Job. We started in the guy's apartment, and all four of us went there in the guy's armored Kuruma. What was strange is that he stopped in sniping range and just sort of waited for someone to get out. So I did, and started sniping from there with no cover while the other three stormed the hangar. No clue why all four of us didn't go barging into the hangar in that Kuruma. So they storm the hangar, going to that container in the back of the building that everyone goes to. Then at least a couple got out of the Kuruma and started shooting, completely defeating the purpose of the Kuruma. We still finished it.

Odd little thing I discovered, y'all might already know this - During Christmas, Rockstar gave us 10 of each armor type as a Christmas gift, right? Even the bad lower-level armor. I used up all of the super heavy armor and went to buy more, and it won't let me buy any more armor because I have too much as is. So I guess I've got to burn up a certain amount of the gift armor before I can buy any more, even if I don't want to use it.

• Like 1

I have those connectivity problems from time to time, especially when trying to join up with Andrew.  But then again, I'm not 100% sure those problems aren't all on his end. 

Holy hell, those two were good.   Any time I was getting anywhere near them, I got a rocket for my trouble.  It was not cute.  

I was seriously considering switching back to my guy character, but I was afraid if I did, I was going to be irreversibly separated from Stout and it was getting late.  (Stout - 545a wake up to do laundry - mission accomplished.)

And yeah, being a VIP definitely has its perks.  Worst part is you can't go into Passive if you're a VIP, but otherwise, it's all good.  

Last night takeaways:  

1) Never go in against a couple from the same crew who based on their screennames look like they're a real life couple. (Especially when they're ranked 180 & 440, respectively.)

2) I now have a camo bikini outfit.  

3) We definitely need some more of our assholes back in LS.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I meant to mention that. You and Robert and Burke need to have a bikini party soon while I try to get you floozies to put on clothes. That bikini was ridiculous.

Switching characters would've done you no good against that buzzsaw. They were too good with RPGs.

• Like 1

On April 21, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Robert C said:

I hate using the bikini in freemode.  Getting dry humped by 12 year olds isn't really my thing.

I like trolling these kids. I'll play nice after putting a remote detonator on a car, if I'm driving them around. I'll speed, bail, and dial up the bomb since most of the time they never bail. Plus, the amount of time it takes to ring up the bomb, is shorter than the time it takes them to slide over to the driver's seat. 

Sometimes I like to spruce up Dubstas, so it looks like the ultra rare Dubsta 2. I'll park them at the spawn locations or the center city LSC after adding an ignition bomb. Yeah, I'm a psycho who'll spend a bunch of money for a single kill. The best is when it's some kid who has a mic. 

Of course, I'll always be fond of the proxy glitch at said mid-town LSC. Works every time. I mean, how else would I have gotten this thing.... 

n48wsxC.jpg 

I need help. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jstout said:

I think this crew alone's broken Rockstar's budget for dunce caps.

Homicidal, suicidal and genocidal.

Makes me wanna play some more, but I'd probably get my ass kicked again.

I think it's just the three of us that have earned our caps.  Been a long time since I was on the inside.  At this point it wouldn't really matter, since my next sentence will be 4 days, and I'm barely playing once a week.  Need to shoot dots tonight, though, if I'm still awake.  This is not gonna be a fun week.  

I've been out of the slammer for almost two months. Been dodgy sometimes, but haven't been back in. I like to think of the cap as my teardrop tattoo.

That, or a stinky, blood, sweat and rain soaked paper badge saying, "Yeah, I've seen some shit." 

By the way, incase you're wondering about the Petrol Proxy recipe. It's simple. Depending on which way you enter, toss a proxy at the entrance a few feet in (near the telephone pole). One in front of the garage door, and one about 20 feet away off-center, so the wreckage doesn't trigger the other. Fourth one at the phone pole like the first. Loop back around and throw one in that alley that is behind the shop. Quickly re-buy them via the inventory menu. Then go about your day. 

Every kill you get registers, but for some reason the bombs regenerate. Easy way to get some kills while you're off killing a bunch of other jobbers. 

Bon appetite. 

I thought a couple of the PlayStation gang's been to the slammer. Oh well.

It seems like everything cool that I try to do with proximity mines gets ruined by either NPCs or cops triggering off the mines. Never heard of them regenerating.

• Like 1

That's why you've gotta put the entrance ones about 15-20 feet away from the sidewalk. Walking npc's will set them off if they're too close. Cars aren't a problem, because no npc's drive into LSC or that back alley. 

TssDiHS.jpg 

That couldn't look any shittier, but I'm doing this on my phone. Anyways, that's the general idea of where to place them. 

2 hours ago, jstout said:

I thought a couple of the PlayStation gang's been to the slammer. Oh well.

It seems like everything cool that I try to do with proximity mines gets ruined by either NPCs or cops triggering off the mines. Never heard of them regenerating.

Havoc went to the slammer twice I think. I never did, because I'm the nice one. Cristobal never did because by some strange miracle whenever he'd blow someone's car up, they'd never call for it back right away, so he'd never get the chance to blow it up a whole bunch of times in a row. And the one time we rolled up on a bunch of guys doing a car show, we sniped them instead of RPGing them for some reason.

Never got sent to juvie but my block the entrance to the garage with an ignition bomb campaign did earn me an interesting e-mail from Rockstar admins.

Too bad that no one falls for that anymore.  I am not sure what pissed those kids off more: getting blown up by my bomb or numerous deaths by shotgun as they tried to hunt me down on the roof of Dlddler-Sachs mall. 

Probably the roof thing since they always came back with a tank by the third or fourth kill.

I still remember the dude I killed by rigging the chopper with the ignition bomb.  SADDLE UP, COWBOY~!  BOOOOOMMMM~!!!!!

• Like 1

Something happened to me this afternoon that I hadn't had happen in 200 years of playing this game so far: I got killed by a player while in my garage.

I dunno if this is a glitch or a mod menu or what, but I spawned into the session in my garage. I was kind of half paying attention when I noticed my map in the bottom left corner turned red. I thought "am I getting shot?" when I died.

My death screen showed him in a crouch, shooting me with a sniper from what looked like that enclosed-glass portion of the garage that you can't get to.

So I respawned in passive and tried to figure it out. His blip was at Legion Square Park (UFO park, the one with the weird sculptures). I think he could only kill people in their garages. I tried to find him, but I guess he was buried under the map. Never could find him. I decided to get the heck out of Dodge.

Edit: That new Inch by Inch would've been a hoot during Tuesday NIght Titans. Two teams on opposite sides, forced weapons. Briefcase in middle. First team to get briefcase to other side wins. Problem: The person carrying the briefcase runs faster than everyone else, but loses the ability to shoot. It's run and gunnier than hell.

He wasn't necessarily in my garage, because he killed other people also. I'm sure there's a freakin' YouTube video on how to do it, but damned if I'll watch it.

I had a blast later in the afternoon by signing up as a VIP and finding 3 bodyguards (the limit) much easier than I thought I would. The first guy to join up was a freakin' freemode wonder, maybe a Level 119 who killed anyone who got near him. I was mainly just triggering off jobs to see what they were. One's a hoot. You gotta hack into something with your phone and it shows you where a package is. You pick it up, then have to hack a second thing, grab that package, then a third. You only have so much time to do all this.

Meanwhile, after you hack the second time and show the second package, the game lets everyone know what you're up to and offers cash to anyone who can stop you.

• Like 1

It's quite easy to get into that maintenance room in the garage. All of the high-end garages are located under Legion Square. All you have to do is parachute under the map. Try the overpass wall breach next to where you used to be able to walk into the Mission Row police station, it's close to Legion. When under the map, aim for the left side of that C-shaped driveway. It can be a pain in the ass. But if you really want to do it, that's how.

I only know how to do it from when the old police outfit glitch was around. Now, it's way easier to get it, takes about half the time. Worth it though, because who doesn't wanna parade around Los Santos carrying a big stick, a ball and chain too?

I actually wound up watching a video on it like a moron, and in one case, the person who does it loads up a job created specifically for this glitch, then quits it and respawns in the sweet spot "under" Legion Square.

There was a link to the job at the Social Club site, but it wasn't working. I dunno if it's gone now or if the Social Club was down as part of Rockstar's server maintenance last night.

They still haven't fixed the garage killer bug?  Jesus...

I picked my midtown penthouse because it was one of the few properties where the bug didn't work but eventually a player glitched his way into my garage.  I was fortunate enough to have seen him first and did an about face back to my elevator.   I went back up to my crib and watched him on CCTV for a while before reporting him.

I let him destroy my cars in retaliation knowing that they would reconstitute without insurance penalty when I went to another room thanks to a recent patch.  The rapid accumulation of Bad Sport points for blowing up my rides and the Report got him sent to juvie.  I know because of the unflattering PM I got questioning my relationship to my birth mother.

Did they ever find a happy medium when it came to Bad Sport Points and POVs?  It is kinda hard to defend yourself against drive-bys, griefers, or event jackers without blowing up someone's personal vehicle.

I got a PM from Moongirl and she says Wassup?  HER JUNIOR YEAR AT FRESNO STATE IS COMING UP~!  WE ARE OLD~!  She's got an XB1 but she mostly plays COD, Fortza, and The Division these days.  She tried Destiny and hated it.