DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I am ashamed to say that I target squeakers on purpose.  I take pride in griefing kids whose parents obviously have no clue what they buy for their children.  Their language is usually more offensive than the adults that play this game.

I've seen too many "This is me trolling some kids on GTA" videos on that youtube to find that funny. Then again, when I'm soloing Freemode I think of myself as the Warrior of Justice, who protects the innocent low levellers from the trolls. And saving squeakers is a part of that.

I dunno, some of them deserve it, like:

1. The ones who ask me if I can give them stuff like money or guns.

2. The ones who scream "nooooooooooooooooooo!" every damn time they get killed.

3. The ones who asked to be picked up every time they find themselves anywhere (there's these things called "cars" - steal one or get your mechanic to bring you one).

4. The ones who talk a complete load of shit, like "no one in this room can kill me." ... "OK, you got lucky that time" .. "Nooooooooooooooooooo! You're cheating."

5. 12-year-old suburban white kids who think they can use the N-word constantly 'cause rappers use it.

I'm sure J.T. has his extremely good reasons. The secret to not wanting to slay squeakers is not being in a position to hear them talk. If I have to hear one more ot them say "Boo-gatti," I hold no responsibilities for my actions.

4. The ones who talk a complete load of shit, like "no one in this room can kill me." ... "OK, you got lucky that time" .. "Nooooooooooooooooooo! You're cheating."

Every GTA online player with a headset, then?

• Like 1

Every GTA online player with a headset, then?

Yeah, that's why I only play with a headset on when I'm with crew. Angers the blood otherwise. Took me a while to figure that out, but I did. The beatboxing kid broke me like a twig. Also way up there on my shit list - the ones who think the game chat is their own personal radio station. Then there's the ones who talk copious amounts of shit while staying in their apartment the entire time.

I've never actually turned on my headset in a freemode, other than in a party.  I imagine it would just make me want to kill dots even more.  Never really look at levels either, unless it's a case where I'm wearing somebody out.  Then I either feel bad for destroying a low level guy, or figure a high level should be putting up a better fight.

The only time I can remember having my headset on outside of a party was back when I was spamming Down The Drain to level up my second character.  One guy kept bragging about how he and one of his buddies had traded wins to get all the performance upgrades, and how none of us could compete.  He bailed after 3 races, with no wins to show for it.

If I have to hear one more ot them say "Boo-gatti," I hold no responsibilities for my actions.

How do you pronounce it?

I should've explained that it's a pet peeve of mine when people call the GTA cars by their real-life equivalents. The first time I heard a kid call an Adder a "Boo-gatti," I was like "what in the blue hell are you talking about?" I know NOTHING about cars.

I do know Obeys are Audis, and I know a Baller's a Range Rover and several others, but I would never call a Baller a Range Rover. It's a Baller. It's not a "Boo-gatti," it's an Adder.

I am very guilty of this

I do know Obeys are Audis, and I know a Baller's a Range Rover and several others, but I would never call a Baller a Range Rover. It's a Baller.

I've been getting better. I'm trying to get better, but for a while, to me, there were just so many cars to keep track of.  It was easier for me to call a spade a spade so to speak.  

I am also guilty of the "pick me up"  since I had bailed out of a milljet last week to pick up a crate in the middle of nowhere, and had left the chopper with Robert down south.  There was no one else on the board, Merryweather wasn't doing business with me at the time due to a disagreement over the value of their helicopter pilots, and my mechanic was being a twat (wouldn't deliver to the boonies). I was being lazy, didn't feel like hitting the sprint button for 5 minutes to get back to a road.

I've heard people call a Zentorno a Lamborghini, but if they hadn't done that, I'd have no idea. 

I've seen the real-life equivalents of the Baller, Bee Jay, Dubsta, Penumbra and some of the SUVs around town, but you don't see many Boo-gattis or Lamborghinis in the sticks of East Tennessee. I didn't know a Baller was a Range Rover until someone said it was. Did I mention that I know NOTHING about cars?

See, Mis, you gotta stay on the good side of the Merriweather chopper pilot. He tells such entertaining stories. His dad wanted him to be a pilot, but he wanted to cut hair at Bob Mulet.

Sorry stout I'll start gettin mine outta the garage more often and drive through Johnson City.

I've hadda real bad habit if callin em by their real life names too. That was before I membered all of their names though but occasionally I can't think of in game name and hafta use real name if I can think of it and I not I say that dalm blue car that keeps drivin by.

• Like 1

I've heard people call a Zentorno a Lamborghini, but if they hadn't done that, I'd have no idea. 

I've seen the real-life equivalents of the Baller, Bee Jay, Dubsta, Penumbra and some of the SUVs around town, but you don't see many Boo-gattis or Lamborghinis in the sticks of East Tennessee. I didn't know a Baller was a Range Rover until someone said it was. Did I mention that I know NOTHING about cars?

See, Mis, you gotta stay on the good side of the Merriweather chopper pilot. He tells such entertaining stories. His dad wanted him to be a pilot, but he wanted to cut hair at Bob Mulet.

Just come to Austin during F1 week in November.  Place is thick with those types of cars as all the rich wannabes show up.  Can barely head anywhere without seeing at least a couple supercars.  About the only one I haven't run into is the Koenigsegg (Entity).  Still haven't seen anything as spectacular as the chrome Aventador (Zentorno) that Dolfan snapped a picture of before applying a sticky bomb.

• Like 1

I'm pretty bad about it myself, but it kills my soul to say Merryweather Mesa because I drive a Jeep in real life.

And apologies to Stout, but I've never heard that helicopter pilot say anything other than "clear the landing zone." The minute I call it in, I'm waiting with the auto shotgun.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see how badly my trigger happiness in this game screws up my shooting when dove season opens Monday.  Haven't shot since my last trip to the skeet range in January, and it took me a good three boxes of shells to settle down and wait for my shot then.  Gotta remember my Beretta ain't the assault SG, and only holds 3 rounds.  I'm thinking my task would be a whole lot easier if I had a minimap that showed the birds as white dots, and if I had auto-aim.

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see how badly my trigger happiness in this game screws up my shooting when dove season opens Monday.  Haven't shot since my last trip to the skeet range in January, and it took me a good three boxes of shells to settle down and wait for my shot then.  Gotta remember my Beretta ain't the assault SG, and only holds 3 rounds.  I'm thinking my task would be a whole lot easier if I had a minimap that showed the birds as white dots, and if I had auto-aim.

Will you be combat rolling between shots at doves, Mary Lou?

I have a chrome Zentorno with the crew color secondary. The Zentorno is the only car that looks good in chrome 'cause it looks like a Hot Wheels car anyway, so you might as well play that up with the chrome finish.

I had no clue what the real-life equivalent of the Entity is.

RUkered, you leave my main man the Merriweather pilot alone. He's hungover.

I wish they'd let you skip the trips in online like they do with the cab rides in single-player. I'd pay more for it. But I usually use the time to grab a drink or take a whiz, so it's al good.

I have sold my Dubsta 6X6 for the second (and hopefully, last) time. No use for it - I use the Sanchez for offroad racing and the mighty Sandking if I want to go goofing off in the mountains. 

• Like 2

My 870 SuperMag holds 7+1 =)

Granted I'm not supposed to take that into the woods, but... I suggest taking the plug out and staying away from GW's

My Winchester 1300 does the same, but the dove are just gonna laugh at me if I try using that thing.  Plus I'd like to keep my shoulder attached to my body, so I'll stick with the Beretta.  Going with my dad, and he attracts wardens, so I ain't risking anything.

Will you be combat rolling between shots at doves, Mary Lou?

Gonna pass on that, I think.  I try any tumbling on ground that hasn't seen rain in months and is hard as a rock, and I'm gonna be in traction for the rest of the year. 

From the amount of kicking going on, it sounds like my son is doing combat rolls in the womb, though.  Doing his daddy proud already.

• Like 2

First, Robert sends me an automatic invite to a deathmatch, so I think "what the hell?" and join. There's 12 or 13 in the room, forced pistols. Everyone in the room but me is Mary Louing like mad - it looked like ballet. I finished 0-7 and would've done much worse if I didn't cower behind a large wall for at least 3 minutes until someone found me. Made something like $15,000 when my team won despite my best efforts.

We then go into different Freemode rooms, but my room's boring so I join Robert's. He's in a scrum with about four or five at the beach by that tennis resort. So I glide on in, arrive and snipe some fool who doesn't even know I'm alive in the head. "Oh, you're in here now," Robert says.

We then prepare to thin the herd, with Robert doing the most of the work but me benefiting greatly from none of those dudes being all that good. There was one guy on a hill sniping us and giving us trouble, but as soon as the crowd on the ground ran for their lives and we could turn our attention to him, we beat him from the tennis resort to Del Perro Pier, racing to snipe him on the spawn all the way.

There was a guy camped on a rooftop who sniped both of us once or so, but I noticed that after a while, he was sniping the guy we were fighting quite a bit and not sniping us at all, despite the fact that we weren't in cover or anything. When he texted Fireman Robert, of all people, about getting a fire truck when dude went into passive, I knew we had an ally.

Then two dudes with tanks rolled in for no reason. One was just a little moron. I think the other would've been good in a scrap, but he couldn't stay out of his tank long enough to fight with some damn honor and bravery. And of course as soon as the tanks blew up, they came out in passive. Yellow-bellied egg-sucking dogs.

• Like 2

Well the mayor of Los Santos might just hafta become the mayor of a lil resort in Jamaica. Although one of my favorite locals that works here has a name tag of "the mayor" I think I could settle for vice mayor though or even just a private pyle I love it here. Unless I move here I'll be back to by gawd Amurica tomorrow and back on gta for TNT. See ya soon my brother ma'un.

Apparently the next update is so big, that anyone with a 12 Gig PS3 won't be able to play GTA Online anymore (without buying a Hard Drive). And Cara Delavigne (Supermodel/ Michelle Rodriguez girlfriend/ GTA 5 Non Stop Pop DJ) has apparently tweeted about recording more radio commentary last week, so we might be getting a Lost & Damned type thing soon. Or something big anyway.