DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I need to get home, install the download and start shooting things in the head

I hate my job sometimes.   The only thing I had energy to do last night after getting home at 9PM was eat dinner, go to sleep, wake up at one in the morning for no reason at all, do the fucking Coyote Cross Country Triathalon with Franklin (there is no way that the Global Ranking for first place is legit), go back to bed, wake up at six, and get to work by eight.

It was a quiet night - many of us kept getting booted out so I don't think the group ever got larger than 5

Dan, Chris and I did finish that Trevor mission that was the "Fly to the packages, you have 5 minutes for each one" deal that infuriated us the last time.

That also provided the highlight of the night as on the last package - Chris died and we were out of lives. Dan and I are blasting our way back to the helicopter. As soon as we get back in - Dan's XBOX fucks him and he is booted. In the time I get out and run around to the other side - Dan's ghost NPC GETS IN THE COPTER AND FLIES THE FUCK AWAY!!!!!

Luckily we had enough time that I was able to grab a car and race the almost 4 miles back to the Sandy Shores Airport to complete it.

I knew I should have shot Dan

• Like 5

Oh, that one was a pain in the arse. Did it a few months ago. One guy tried to cheat it by calling his buzzard, but it doesn't trigger the first package until you all get in the Frogger. Than he tried it again and both heli's spawned at the same spot and blew up.

The trick is, one guy runs for the package while the others defend the helicopter and provide covering fire for the runner. Killing all the enemies is a waste of time (especially at the Altruist Compound where you can land safely twenty yards from the package).

It was a quiet night - many of us kept getting booted out so I don't think the group ever got larger than 5

Dan, Chris and I did finish that Trevor mission that was the "Fly to the packages, you have 5 minutes for each one" deal that infuriated us the last time.

That also provided the highlight of the night as on the last package - Chris died and we were out of lives. Dan and I are blasting our way back to the helicopter. As soon as we get back in - Dan's XBOX fucks him and he is booted. In the time I get out and run around to the other side - Dan's ghost NPC GETS IN THE COPTER AND FLIES THE FUCK AWAY!!!!!

Luckily we had enough time that I was able to grab a car and race the almost 4 miles back to the Sandy Shores Airport to complete it.

Well, next in line for my OCD Replay of Story Mode is collecting Spaceship Parts with Franklin and purchasing Downtown Cab.  

I've already bought McKenzie Air Field for Trevor and done enough rounds of Air / Ground weapons trafficking to satisfy the Hobbies & Pastimes requirement for 100% Completion. 

I was surprised that I have managed to get Accuracy and Time bonuses for some of the air missions.  It's only like an additional $250 total, but I am pleased that I am not the shitty airplaine pilot that I used to be... at least when it comes to Story Mode.

Nuclear Waste / Submarine Parts will have to wait.  I forgot that properties become available in increments and the Sonar Collections Dock is not up for sale yet in my game.

I noticed that the 1.16 Patch broke Story Mode.  Michael and Franklin did not have to buy their respective hangar / boat landings.  They automatically gained possession of them once properties became available for purchase.  

Michael got access to Higgins Helitours and the marina (I bought Mike a yacht to check the "Purchase A Vehicle Online" box and parked the new DLC chopper at Mike's helipad) and Franklin can spawn airplanes at his hangar at LSA even thouugh he still gets a Wanted Level for being on the flight yard before the conclusion of the Devin Weston missions..

Words we've all said at one point or another. 

Melraz, Robert, young Daniel, and I all cleared Industrial Plant Survival yesterday. First time ever for Dan and myself.  Now I have to do Railyard again to get them all done.  

And YAY to increased payouts. We did Chumash and Grab, which is a pretty easy Gerald mission that paid something like $2000 before... delivered the boat... bang, $10000+.  

And then we did the Trevor mission where you have to grab the meth off the two boats that are in the bay, which paid decently before, now paid out $20000.  

We were very happy.  Then my xbox froze during a gang attack and I was sad.  

The end. 

• Like 1

I think I did 4 Flight School things yesterday.

Robert and Chris heard me cursing at the chase a parachute one since they sure don't like to let you know where the bullseye is.

I did the land with a stalled engine one like 5 times trying to get Gold on it - I think the closest I got was like 5 feet.

I doubt I am going to medal anything but I do plan on spending a few more minutes to just get the satisfaction of getting 100 flying skill

Forgot to mention - never get in a Sandking with a drunk melraz.  We took a shortcut from downtown to the Chemical Extraction mission, and it must've taken us 20 minutes to get there.  We almost went into the ocean 3 different times.  Misanthrope's buddy gave up after we crashed into the strip mine and nearly beat us there in a dump truck.

• Like 4

The amazing thing is that somehow NPC Dan flew the helicopter out from under the stop light it was wedged under without crashing the damn thing.  It was probably a blessing that that option was taken away from you and you had to "settle" with driving to the airport.

Forgot to mention - never get in a Sandking with a drunk melraz.  We took a shortcut from downtown to the Chemical Extraction mission, and it must've taken us 20 minutes to get there.  We almost went into the ocean 3 different times.  Misanthrope's buddy gave up after we crashed into the strip mine and nearly beat us there in a dump truck.

Meawhile, I drove straight to the scene like a good little boy and had enough time to cook and eat a complete meal waiting on the Stooges to drive over with their Sandking.

"Hey, Moe, I can't get up this hill!"

"Why, I oughta ..."

I'm not entirely sure how a shortcut took you farther away from the mission, but there you go.

Don't know what to think of the new Coquette - I think it handles better than my Monroe, but isn't as fast. Don't know if really need it, as little Sports Classics racing as there is.

• Like 2

I'm not entirely sure how a shortcut took you farther away from the mission, but there you go.

We'd get near the top of one of those hills, then things would go to shit and we'd roll all the way back down to the bottom again.  We'd be 3 tenths of a mile away, do 15 rolls down the hill, and wind up half a mile away.  I know that happened at least twice.

Can't believe I didn't wake my wife up from laughing so hard.

• Like 4

Aahhhh hell. That was a nice, quiet, and peaceful ride through mother nature. We spend so much time in the loud city shootin our guns, blowin up cars, it's nice to just take a break and enjoy gods country the way it was meant to be, upside down screamin, slidin, shittin your britches, inna beat up sanding.

• Like 4

I can't count the number of times I've been right behind him, flipping down the mountain when he says, "Shit if we'd have taken the road, we'd already be there."

The best ones are when you rocket off the mountain and end up stuck in that amphitheater thing.

Or when I sail Stout's latest million dollar car into the ocean.

On an unrelated note, I keep forgetting to head down and ride the ferris wheel. Anybody done it? Worth my time?

• Like 3

I'll go with ya Burke. We'll start up at trevors and take "shortcuts" the whole way down to the ferris wheel then we can get us some cotton candy hold hands and ride to the top of the world together.

• Like 4

But I'd do it in a private room. Last guy I saw riding the ferris wheel got met by me, Mis and Robert at the end of his ride. That didn't go well for him.

Went well for me though, I got about 10-15 kills on him with a sniper rifle, then unlocked the LSPD tint for the hood on that Baller...

That was a good Baller, I was driving with water up to the windows in the ocean running that guy over....I still have his message saved on XBL

• Like 1

Was he that same dude who had the misfortune of spawning on Vespucci Beach (that's our damn beach, I can't even begin to count the number of pour souls who fell victims to the sharks on that beach) and we killed him until he went into passive, then he stayed in passive for days, getting ran over constantly, then finally said "screw it" and came out of passive, only to get his ass handed to him again?

You do not wanna be on a beach with very little cover with 3-4 people who know how to use a heavy sniper rifle.

I seem to remember him being on a Sea Doo at one point and one of us (maybe Mis) somehow ran over him with a car. Not a good night for Joe Random.

I'll go with ya Burke. We'll start up at trevors and take "shortcuts" the whole way down to the ferris wheel then we can get us some cotton candy hold hands and ride to the top of the world together.

As long as this is playing while we let the cool summer breeze blow through our cowboy hats/hockey masks.

Edit: I decided to actually watch this after I posted it because I'd never seen the video, and holy shit if this ain't the most 90's thing of all time. You've got horses running behind fire in slow motion, a denim shirt unbuttoned so far his dick may fall out, and him singing in a cardboard looking fake canyon. Pure gold.

• Like 3

Yeah, the 1.16 patch broke properties for sure.  Not only did Franklin get access to his hangar at LSA once properties became available, the security gate near the Stunt Jump and Devin Weston's personal hangar is open for Franklin and he doesn't get a Wanted Level when he drives onto the tarmac.  

Came in handy when getting the Spaceship Piece on the far side of the airfield.  I still nearly got my ass shot off getting the Spaceship Piece hidden at Richards Majestic Studios.

The 1.16 seems to fix minor Story Mode bugs.  I can now buy a Sprunk from a vending machine and I have gotten a couple of Personal Fare missions from Downtown Cab without having to resort to the "buy another property" workaround.  I still haven't hooked Franklin up with Liz, though.

There are more armor and fewer parachute power-ups hidden around the city than I figured.

Man, when DJ Cara on Non-Stop Pop refers to herself as "the girl with the eyebrows," she isn't kidding, is she?

cara-delevingne-LP.jpeg

Franklin has been attacked twice now on the road while looking for Spaceship Parts by assholes from Blaine County riding dirt bikes and four wheelers.  Thank God I've only got one more of those damned Border Patrol random encounters left to run across.  Even with the Buffalo S at 80% armor and bulletproof tires, the sawn-off shotguns they have tear the crap out of my car

I hate it when the Security Vans pop up.  I always feel compelled to rob them no matter how much money that Trevor, Franklin, or Michael has.  I am afraid that if I skip one, they won't show up anymore.

MIs, Robert and I made $6,000 apiece tearing through freaking Pier Pressure on hard. Pier Pressure. $6,000.

You can't even begin to know how much I love the way they changed mission payouts. People are still whining about it, which blows my mind. I don't really need the money and I still think it's great for beginning players, 'cause they can make some real money right off the bat and afford the nice things I had to grind my ass off to get.

I don't mind that at all. I'm not gonna "grandpa" them and say "We bought our things by grinding Rooftop, and we liked it!" I'm happy for them not having to hope some higher-level character invites them to do Rooftop to make some real money. It's cool that "the next generation," or whatever you wanna call them, won't have to grind Rooftop to be able to afford things.

Robert and I finished the night in a room with three other dudes, all three of which had grabbed tanks. We stood on top of a building in passive and watched the show. Then two of them got Buzzards. Then they started getting on roofs. I was like "jeez, fellas." One of them was putting $9,000 bounties and calling mercs on me at every opportunity even before we crossed paths.

I swear, I meant to remember what their deal was (two of them were in the same crew) to call for a Crew Jihad on them if any of you guy saw them in a room, but I can't remember anything about them. 

They may have fixed my caling muggers on people in passive trick.

• Like 1