DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Area 53 blends nicely for sniping and more close quarters fighting

There are definitely a few others that work well.

Obviously not Lodge Battle

Terminal would be nuts, especially if someone managed to survive climbing to the top of one of the cranes without being clipped by the other team.

The counter-sniping on Terminal would also be sick.

RUkered, how long did you stay in that room with those dudes? I thought that one guy was pretty cool. I had to split post-haste, I was running behind. We were having an good old fashioned car geekout, including you spending $9,000 on my Zentorno after water-logging it. Those are fun cars. I was hooking that one dude up with a Hearse, and it requires someone with a Hearse to spawn another one for whoever's wanting one.

I liked that Karin Sultan he let me drive. Fully modded, it's like a slower version of the Elegy. Only costs $150 to replace if you water-log it. 

And as I get ready to order up another Merriweather chopper 'cause I'm too lazy to drive across the map, I think I should've gotten that garage near the airport, but I'm staying put. I still think mine's better, overall, and me being the Donald Trump of GTA, I can afford to treat myself to a chopper flight. Speaking of which, it's about that time...

What a bunch of idiots those Merryweather mercs were.  For guys that love to tell you that they are former marines, that was not a smart advance.  That two brains - one bullet shot was ridiculous. 

And yeah, Rippa, your toon looks like Sen Dog.  That may end up being your character's alias if you keep wearing canvas hats. 

You do realize that the Beach Bum DLC put six or seven free canvas hats in your wardrobe, right?

I have played more golf in the past couple of days than I have in the past couple of months, and I had to work dayshift this weekend.

I thought I was going to back my way into a Special Crate late last night but some knobhead lowbie kept circling the flare with his Zentorno. 

I RPGed his car with him in it, signed off in disgust, and watched Ep 2 of Penny Dreadful until I got sleepy. 

I will have to wait another day to get the elusive Los Santos Belle t-shirt.

• Like 1

My internet was flaky as hell this weekend, so I couldn't get on for more than 15 minutes at a time after Friday.  I did get on long enough to notice a few things

- I can't hide my armor any more, even if I select the option.  Thus, I can't taunt JT with my sweet, sweet Los Santos Belle T-shirt that I grabbed due to a special crate spawning in an invite only room a while  back

- the release note about being able to avoid melee DMs seems to have been bullshit.  I can't find any way to do enable that, and from looking on online it seems that a lot of other people have tried and failed as well

- It looks like they did something to those $1000000 + RP DMs so that either they're blocked or they just don't come up nearly as often.  Used to be those would show up at least half the time when you picked a random DM.  I haven't seen them show up once since the update.  It's a nice change.

Yeah - just like that bullshit about not getting phone calls from folks (Lester, Simeon, etc..) anymore seems to be false

I definitely noticed I get A LOT more invites from randoms now.

- I can't hide my armor any more, even if I select the option.  Thus, I can't taunt JT with my sweet, sweet Los Santos Belle T-shirt that I grabbed due to a special crate spawning in an invite only room a while  back

- It looks like they did something to those $1000000 + RP DMs so that either they're blocked or they just don't come up nearly as often.  Used to be those would show up at least half the time when you picked a random DM.  I haven't seen them show up once since the update.  It's a nice change.

1. I hate you, Rob.

2. I am monitoring the GTA forums because I think that people are hip to invites to $1000000 + RP DM, so players are given to recreating the map and giving it another name in the hope that players are more likely to fall for the trap.  I'm going to keep an eye on the GTA Online threads to see what is up and post the names of the DM Du Jour To Avoid here in our thread.

Yeah - just like that bullshit about not getting phone calls from folks (Lester, Simeon, etc..) anymore seems to be false

I think that actually works.  I still get calls from the people whose special abilities I haven't used, but I don't get any mission related calls from the handlers anymore.

I definitely got called from Ron and Lester this weekend

About missions or about game features you haven't used before or game stuff you haven't done in a while.

I get calls from Ron because it has been ages since I've collected a crate drop and I get calls from Lester because I have never ever called him to locate a specific vehicle for me and it has been months since I've put a bounty out on another player.

I hang up on calls so i never notice what they are.

I thought you could turn off/on armor visibikity in the new armor menu in the inventory area. Same placewhereyou get the quantity of which armors you own.

When it comes to the phone calls, try (and I can't guarantee you this will work) calling all of the usual suspects for jobs. You don't have to do them. I think that's what will turn off at least the nagging phone calls reminding you that you can call them for jobs. 

I haven't gotten a call from any of them since I called them all looking for one of the new jobs a few days ago. 

Yeah, that armor over the suit thing is ruining my stylish look. Now I look like I'm some businessman on a Ted Nugent bag-a-drugged-turkey hunting trip. I'll have to tinker with that armor visibility thing, but I'm not hopeful.

Broke down and stole/modded a Karin Sultan. They're a hoot. They're like the Elegy's slower, more controllable younger brother. I spent a FORTUNE modding it, though, somewhere around $300,000. It had every option under the sun. I spent $300,000 to mod a car I got simply because it's cheap and cheap to replace via insurance should something happen to it. Hmmm.

RUkered, how long did you stay in that room with those dudes? I thought that one guy was pretty cool. I had to split post-haste, I was running behind. We were having an good old fashioned car geekout, including you spending $9,000 on my Zentorno after water-logging it. Those are fun cars. I was hooking that one dude up with a Hearse, and it requires someone with a Hearse to spawn another one for whoever's wanting one.

I liked that Karin Sultan he let me drive. Fully modded, it's like a slower version of the Elegy. Only costs $150 to replace if you water-log it. 

And as I get ready to order up another Merriweather chopper 'cause I'm too lazy to drive across the map, I think I should've gotten that garage near the airport, but I'm staying put. I still think mine's better, overall, and me being the Donald Trump of GTA, I can afford to treat myself to a chopper flight. Speaking of which, it's about that time...

I hung with them at least a couple more hours, if not more. Both of them seemed like good dudes. We ended up grinding Rooftop Rumble a lot. The second guy that came on had a good strategy for it. He'd hang back while me and the other guy chased down the guy fleeing with the documents. We'd go back to freemode at the voting screen, and then the guy that hung back at the garage would start the mission so we'd spawn right at the garage again. It made everything go very quickly.

And yeah, I was holding onto my cash like Scrooge until I hopped on with you guys yesterday. I should have learned by now to not take the most expensive cars in the game up mountains at 150 mph. Stout let me try out the Zentorno, and I was in it maybe a total of 5 minutes before I rocketed over a cliff and spun out straight into a lake. Goodbye, 9 grand.

Then I ended up buying the 10-car garage by the airport. Then Stout's buddy let me drive his BF Dune Buggy around. I owned one long ago, but you couldn't mod it at all other than the tracker and insurance. It wasn't worth it because someone would immediately shoot out the tires and it was undriveable. But now that you can fully mod it, that will be my go-to vehicle for the foreseeable future.

Then those guys clued me in that the topless Coquette was now available. Here's the worst part of it all. I hadn't bothered to go back and put 100% armor on most of my vehicles since I unlocked it. So I decided to take some time and make sure everything I owned was fully upgraded. I had literally just driven out of LSC, spending about 100 grand on my Coquette when the guy mentioned the topless version was available. *sigh* So I drove it back in, sold it, ordered the convertible, and modded it up. Still, I think after I earned money doing Rooftop Rumble so much, I'm only down about a half million. I'm not up in the penthouse with all the hookers and cocaine like Stout, but I still have a couple mil to my name.

• Like 2