DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Random Bullshit 3-9-15

MGFanJay

Congrats for to Sting to coming to WWE for this bullshit.

That wasn't Sting.  That was Ryback with a sore throat and a history of WCW based on watching the Monday Night Wars series on the Network

It still baffles me that they won't let him talk.   I mean isn't like he is a horrible promo. 

As terrible a show as this was, I'm almost willing to give it a pass because the Connor announcment was the single greatest thing WWE has ever done or will ever do.

Am I a horrible person for thinking that the IWC was going to crap on that announcement because "it's not a wrestler"? If so, I apologize beforehand.

Either that or they will say the wwe are only doing it for the positive PR.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.  Although with the whole deal with Bill DeMott and that controversy, some will go that route.

On the other, spending months building up an unstoppable foreign monster heel and then jobbing him on the big money show to the babyface ace is pretty much pro wrestling 101.

Sure but why not have Rusev look fucking strong heading into WrestleMania?  The scenario now is... get ass kicked on RAW to setup match. Get ass kicked again at WrestleMania. That's going to do a lot for him...   sigh.

Well, assuming Cena is winning, Rusev will probably get heat on him over the next couple of weeks.

Plus, I mean, a bit of cheating yes,and a pass out and not a tap out, but he did get the first submission hold win over Cena in like a decade.

• Like 1

At this point I wonder if a heel turn and pairing with Heyman would even help salvage Reigns. The fans are no selling his push like Taker vs an early 90's pale skinny mullet headed jobber.

I'd rather see Reigns be with the Authority after H/Steph betray Rollins.  That won't happen.

I don't know, part of me wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happens.

• Like 1

Guys, the Kane/Big Show Wrestlemania feud moved forward tonight!!!!

Was Daniel Bryan on the show?  Nevermind! THE KAN/BIG SHOW WRESTLEMANIA FEUD MOVED FORWARD!!!!

They sat there and worked out two full scripted scenes and a match for that.  How much time I wonder did they put into what Daniel Bryan or Dean Ambrose or Wade Barrett did tonight?  Less time than it takes to sing that fucking Popeye's song that only shows up on this STUPID FUCKING SHOW!

Bryan looked absolutely thrilled to be a part of the IC title nonsense. Looks like he's finally been worn down.

Reigns is just dead in the water at this point. Seems like the only way to possibly salvage something is for Heyman to turn on Brock and even that's just damage control. I think it's becoming very clear that he's not going to be The Guy going forward, though. Cena V.2 he is not. I think they could get some mileage out of a Reigns/Rollins unholy alliance post-Mania. People would be begging for Seth to cash-in. 

I'm sure we probably say this every year but this is the worst build to WrestleMania in quite some time, no?  On paper some of these matches could be very good but holy crap do I not care about anything right now. Shit, Sting, Hunter, Brock, Undertaker...  does anyone care about this event? When Hunter does show up he's talking to no one. When Sting shows up, he doesn't talk at all. When Brock shows up, Heyman talks and Brock smiles... which is awesome..  but Reigns is nowhere to be seen. He's involved with Rollins instead. Bray has been talking to himself for weeks. Taker still hasn't shown up. 

My lord.. they need to step it up here.

• Like 2

Guys, the Kane/Big Show Wrestlemania feud moved forward tonight!!!!

Was Daniel Bryan on the show? Nevermind! THE KAN/BIG SHOW WRESTLEMANIA FEUD MOVED FORWARD!!!!

They sat there and worked out two full scripted scenes and a match for that. How much time I wonder did they put into what Daniel Bryan or Dean Ambrose or Wade Barrett did tonight? Less time than it takes to sing that fucking Popeye's song that only shows up on this STUPID FUCKING SHOW!

Future is bright for both these young studs. I think this feud will cement them in WWE's legacy.

I think the only match with a truly bad build is Sting/Triple H (damn did that get shitty in a hurry) with Reigns side of the main event also being weak.

The rest I'm digging or it doesn't matter.

Why the fuck don't you go with "Sting is tired of The Authority's shit" and keep it as simple as possible? 

And Reigns is turning into Lex Luger circa 1993 in a hurry. It's too bad we don't have Daniel Bryan playing Bret Hart to Lesnar's Yokozuna. 

At this point I wonder if a heel turn and pairing with Heyman would even help salvage Reigns. The fans are no selling his push like Taker vs an early 90's pale skinny mullet headed jobber.

I'd rather see Reigns be with the Authority after H/Steph betray Rollins.  That won't happen.

I don't know, part of me wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happens.

It wouldn't be surprising to me either, but it's better than the alternative.

With the Sting vs HHH feud, maybe the reason they hid Sting's voice was so next week he can come out on TV and say "I'm not after Triple H because this is about WCW vs WWE. I'm after Triple H because this is about right versus wrong!"

Y'know, like it should have been. The ultimate Babyface acting against the heel authority figure because of his desire to see a world filled with justice and fairness.

The rumor for the last couple of weeks is that Taker won't show up until match time.  Why, I have no idea.

They've really had the law of diminishing returns with Undertaker at WM over the past few years.  As hokey as the setup for his match with HHH was, at least he was around and somewhat actively promoting it for a few months before the actual event.  With the Punk match, announced Taker would be at Raw and saying/doing something when Punk called him out.  Then last year there was pretty much no mention of Taker until Brock called him out.  This year there's even less mention of him or speculation on what he might be doing, then Bray decides to call him out.  

With the Sting vs HHH feud, maybe the reason they hid Sting's voice was so next week he can come out on TV and say "I'm not after Triple H because this is about WCW vs WWE. I'm after Triple H because this is about right versus wrong!"

Y'know, like it should have been. The ultimate Babyface acting against the heel authority figure because of his desire to see a world filled with justice and fairness.

HE'S FIGHTING FOR GENERAL HUGH G RECTION GODDAMMIT!!!