DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Just got back from an absurdly late showing. Couldn't help myself.

THEY FUCKING DID IT. Kick-ass, awesome movie. The X-Men franchise is fucking BACK.

My only real disappointment was that Quicksilver didn't show up for the climax. If he had, I think everyone in the theater would've stood up and cheered. This was a clinic in how to make a star in 10 minutes or less.

And Example #341398 why you shouldn't judge how a character looks out of context. Yes, Quicksilver looks ridiculous on a poster or in a Hardee's commercial. But in the movie, when you get to see his personality and, of course, his power in action, it all comes together, and I'm not sure I could imagine this version of Quicksilver looking any other way.

Yeah he got the biggest reaction in my theater as well. I hope they have something more for him to do moving forward. I kind of thought he would show up during the climax but I guess from a story perspective it wouldn't work for what they were going for. Also maybe its just me but I thought that William Stryker looked JUST like Sean William Scott. Maybe it was his mannerisms and the little smirks he gave I don't know but thats all I could think of when I saw him on screen. 

There was only one cameo missing:

Nightcrawler

Oh, yeah. That would've topped it off.

Come on, Cumming. If Kelsey Grammer could get into the makeup again for, like, 3 seconds of screentime, so could you.

Yeah he got the biggest reaction in my theater as well. I hope they have something more for him to do moving forward.

I know it's costly and difficult to pull off his power on screen, but if they don't bring him back, they're insane.

Hopefully, his picture won't show up in an autopsy file like...almost the whole supporting cast of FIRST CLASS.

Yeah he got the biggest reaction in my theater as well. I hope they have something more for him to do moving forward.

I know it's costly and difficult to pull off his power on screen, but if they don't bring him back, they're insane.

Hopefully, his picture won't show up in an autopsy file like...almost the whole supporting cast of FIRST CLASS.

He's been announced for X-Men: Apocolypse already. Have no fear.

It's both hilarious and sad that January Jones was SO bad as Emma Frost that they killed her off in between movies. She's one of the most significant characters in the X-Men mythos, and they didn't even try to recast. They were just like, "Fuck it. There's no coming back from that performance."

Yeah she's never really been a big deal in any of their media. I think outside of comic books the biggest role I've seen her have is in one of the X Men video games the pre cursors to the Marvel Alliance games. She doesn't play a big part in the cartoons, she's ignored entirely in the first three movies, killed off in this one well before this one. 

The only things I can think of for Emma Frost is she was significant in the Wolverine & and the X-Men show (though that only lasted for one season) and she is playable in both Marvel Heroes and Avengers Alliance. You're right though. It's a shame that she looked absolutely perfect for the part, but then she had to start speaking and that just fucked everything up.

Doesn't Wolverine say that he knows Peter. Is it ever established HOW he knows this kid? I missed that part. 

Future Magneto probably filled him in on Pietro, Wanda, and Lorna. At least, that's how I chose to interpret it.

I swear I'm not trolling, but I thought that the performances were all better than the movie itself. I think the ending was a little too tidy and it really dragged in a couple spots. Perhaps I went in with my expectations a little high, but I felt like a lot of people are giving it the benefit of the doubt and glossing over the fact that it does have some problems. I'm not going to be a pedant and list every single issue I had with the movie, but I will say that compared to some of the other recent comic book movies, I don't have much of a desire to rewatch this film. Like I said, everyone is predictably great, but I don't think the script allows the talented performers to really leverage that in to a film as good as those performances.

• Like 1

Come now, there must be some sassy, gum-chewing teenage girls that need extra spending money in your neighborhood.

Why? Do you want to watch them solve crimes or hunt vampires or something?

....  Point to Matt.