DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/10

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing July 10, 2014 from Bethlehem, PA

*Kurt Angle opens the show with an in-ring promo. Angle announces a 20 Man Battle Royal to determine who gets a world title shot against Lashley in New York City next week. Angle calls out Willow, wanting him to work as Jeff Hardy in the battle royal.

*The Wolves def. Bram & Magnus

*Austin Aries def. Sanada to become the new X Division Champion

*Bobby Roode comes out and calls out MVP but gets attacked by Kenny King. Eric Young makes the save until Bobby Lashley attacks. Lashley, King, & MVP end up with the upper hand.

*Bully Ray comes to the ring to call out Rhino. Bully name drops Paul Heyman and references Rhino's WWE run. Rhino comes out and attacks Bully until Tommy Dreamer makes the save.

*Gail Kim def. Angelina Love, Brittany, & Madison Rayne to retain the knockouts title

*Jeremy Borash noted to the live crowd that we were likely about to see the final TNA match in the four sided ring.

*Jeff Hardy wins the 20 Man Battle Royal, last eliminating Eric Young, to earn a world title shot next week in NYC.

Or here's any idea. Willow shows up and costs Jeff the title and everyone assumes it was Matt in the costume but we find out that Willow has separated from Jeff's mind and has become it's own being but then in 3-6 months we find out it was really Curt Hawkins (or other random person) and then they don't use him for 6 more months and when he comes back its to team with Jeff.

• 3 weeks later...

The opening Angle-WILL-OW thing was amusing, largely due to Angle's explaining the character in great detail. The tag title match was a lot of fun - Bram was given a lot of time to shine and made use of it. The Roode-MVP deal took forever to make zero matches. At least it had EY selling Lashley's spear. I like Storm as an evil mentor for Sanada. Aries-Sanada was a must-watch match - first one on TNA since probably the Wolves' ladder match, and it was far better than that. Bully cuts a promo on Rhino about how he'll cut a promo on Rhino. Okay then. They talked about THE HISTORY between Rhino and Bully, which I can't recall in either ECW, WWE, OR TNA and they didn't elaborate. Then Tommy Dreamer ran wild in 2014 and the BPs' massive chests cut a promo about the KOs title match. LOL @ the KOs title match having the bell ring without the champion out there. Nice camel toe on Madison after the DDT. LOLed at Brittany just looking away when Angelina told her to - aren't heels supposed to be smarter?

The Lashley hype video was fantastic - he looks very impressive, and he comes off as a killer with MVP as his hype man. Lashley as the worker with MVP as the talker is so much better than MVP being the worker and talker since he can't go at that level anymore. Battle royal is largely just stuff going on.I love all the eliminations involving the storylines though - they're not just random. I liked Roode eliminating Storm and chuckled at Spud chopping Bully - shame he responded by doing a ball claw. Excellent elimination teases from Hardy and EY - they weren't given much time together, but their stuff made me want a singles match between them. The Lashley-Hardy staredown was okay, and their match has the potential to be really good with Lashley looking great tossing dudes around and Hardy playing that role perfectly. This was a good show overall, but not amazing beyond the X Title match, Tag Title match to a lesser extent, and the fantastic Lashley hype vid.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/07/tna-impact-7-10-14.html

Screens -

a3e7ab338151488.jpg

45d891338152846.jpg

50fa7a338152857.jpg

cf5793338152862.jpg

84fe7c338152900.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/pu2e53y3al4wl1l2l3lm2yylarm4wasl

This ECW stuff is really dragging the show down. Overall it actually wasn't bad, worth checking out. You would think they would have learned from the tepid EV2.0 reaction but nope.

Would love some James Storm-Great Muta interaction, a green mist countered with a beer spit. No way the green mist is worse for the eyes than spittle and Bud Light.

This ECW stuff is really dragging the show down. Overall it actually wasn't bad, worth checking out. You would think they would have learned from the tepid EV2.0 reaction but nope.

Would love some James Storm-Great Muta interaction, a green mist countered with a beer spit. No way the green mist is worse for the eyes than spittle and Bud Light.

But is the green mist a match for SKULL AND CROSSBONES BRAND BEER!?

I knew Aries was going to win the title without reading the spoilers because during the show, they showed a promotional video for a future show that showed Aries with the belt... BEFORE THEY AIRED THIS EPISODE'S TITLE MATCH. Aries vs. Sanada was pretty good, though.

Are they really going back to the six-sided ring when it's known the wrestlers dislike it? Hmm.

I wish Bram would have run to Abyss instead of vice versa. It's just sad seeing Abyss's painful-looking limp these days.

Too bad Bellator doesn't book Lashley. Could have been great cross-promotion between TNA/Bellator. Would be nice if TNA had some Lashley fight footage to show, too.

Where is ODB these days? Without her they only have five Knockouts remaining...

Never change TNA(Thanks CRZ). The Lashley stuff was good but this felt like a lame duck taping for next week. I have no desire to see Bully vs Rhino in 2014 though.

I would love it if that was his new name after the heel turn

Yes! Then people could use his changed name to express their surprise over his now villainous actions.

"Sananda-tte?!"

That's what you were going for, ne?

• Like 1

I knew Aries was going to win the title without reading the spoilers because during the show, they showed a promotional video for a future show that showed Aries with the belt... BEFORE THEY AIRED THIS EPISODE'S TITLE MATCH. Aries vs. Sanada was pretty good, though.

If the video was for the Global Impact Japan(One Night Only) PPV, that was the show where Aries originally lost the belt to Senada.

For perspective, the show also featured Magnus defending the Heavyweight Title.