DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Looks like today is going to be busy

WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars as of today, June 12, 2014:

Theodore Long

Camacho

Brodus Clay

Evan Bourne

Yoshi Tatsu

Does "come to terms on..." mean "we told them to get the fuck out"?

• Like 1

The only surprising thing about this is that they apparently have abandoned their new policy about not releasing wrestlers anymore.

I'm telling you, it's a smokescreen to distract the wrestling muckraking media from the HHH vs Kevin Dunn family feud.

Jesse+Ventura.jpg

• Like 1

Since we haven't seen Sydal in 2 years, I hope that he comes out and looks like homeless man who hasn't bathed and shaved in year.  And does a perfect shooting star presss

JTG must be fucking someone in management to still be employed.    it is the most baffling thing in the WWE right now    :blink:

Maybe my desire to see a newer face on top outweighs all of this "paper champion" talk, but if Seth Rollins ends up as WWE WHC, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I didn't think Rock was ready in '98 or Foley or HHH in '99, but obviously time proved me wrong on those-- I'd love that element of surprise again. Orton and Cena held them too recently, and as great as Kane has been in his Authority role and with the Team Hell No stuff before it, I really have no desire to see him as champ. I'm not a huge Sheamus guy, and I'm still holding out hope that my Cesaro/Sheamus/Barrett "Team Europe" stable will come to fruition., so in my guesstimation, he's out. Plus, I think having a guy on his level as US champ is great for the status of the title amongst the average viewer. Until Bryan can go, I think they should shock the shit out of everyone and go with a Rollins or hell, even Wyatt. Sure, some may say he's not ready, but he just had a long, arduous (to watch..) program with Cena-- if the average fan isn't going to buy Wyatt now, when will they?

What about Brock? Sure, he's a part timer, but he's hot off the 'Taker win, and in my opinion, I think it does a lot to raise the profile and mystique of the title when the champion isn't on TV every week. I was probably in the minority, but I thought it was fantastic when the Rock had it between RR and WM last year for that very reason. Plus, it might do a whole lot of good for the the IC and US titles to have them contested in the TV/PPV main events on a more regular basis, as some were alluding to above with TNA and even UFC.

I don't know if anyone else suggested this, but they could go by the European Union. Of course since it's WWE, they'd eventually abbreviate it to the EU, but it'd still be awesome.

Their theme music would have to "Da Butt".