DVDVR Message Board

The 2014 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

Before this series begins I would like to remind you that we have a Spurs fan on the board who happens to be an administrator. We have a bunch of Heat fans who happen to not be administrators.

So you're saying the fate of this board is at stake.  That friends become enemies, enemies become lovers, and all lovers will die in the fire. 

Oh, well.  It will not last the night, but it gives a lovely light.  Burn, DVDVR NBA folder, burn! RAWWWWWRRRR!  Or just be snarky.  Whatever is easier for you.  :)

I wonder how hot it was in the old Boston Garden. It looked very uncomfortable.

According to wiki, it was 97 degrees inside the Boston Garden for one of the 1984 NBA championship games.    At least the Celtics had the advantage of knowing that the AC never worked or hell maybe even never existed. 

• Like 1

Yeah, did anyone know that Ray could still throw it down like that?

I'm not sure Ray Allen knew he could throw down like that. I think in one of the last series this playoff he mentioned that if he was a little taller he would have dunked what became a missed tip-in. But he looked grimy as hell.

I'd say it's starting to get away from the Spurs, but neither team seems to be able to hang on for very long this game.

Allen throwing down like he hasn't done since he was a rookie was amazing. He had a play right before that on the break where he laid it in and I thought to myself "man, I would've loved it if Ray YouTube'd whoever the Spur was" and then the next one down he does. Earlier tonight I thought the break until Sunday was bullshit but with the AC it's probably necessary.

It's still nuts making them play through this. These guys are completely exhausted and dying out there, it's impacting every little thing about this game.