DVDVR Message Board

All the other Fallout stuff

I totally forgot that consoles are eventually getting mods for this bad boy! I never liked playing Elder Scrolls or Fallout games on console because I knew I was missing out on the wonderful world of modding. Yeah, PS4 will be the last of the bunch to get them, but we'll get them and that's what's important.

I'm watching a few videos that contain gameplay (I think from the E3 trailer?) and Dogmeat is vicious. He goes right for the throat when attacking downed humans.

• Like 1

I totally forgot that consoles are eventually getting mods for this bad boy! I never liked playing Elder Scrolls or Fallout games on console because I knew I was missing out on the wonderful world of modding. Yeah, PS4 will be the last of the bunch to get them, but we'll get them and that's what's important.

I'm watching a few videos that contain gameplay (I think from the E3 trailer?) and Dogmeat is vicious. He goes right for the throat when attacking downed humans.

I don't game very much on my computer any more, so I don't think I've played any games with serious mods on it. I'm old enough to remember when downloading alternative stuff off the internet for Civ II was kind of a big deal.

It will be interesting to see what the mod community comes out with.

I loved Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines so I love broken games as much as the next person, but Alpha Protocol really was a piece of shit. 

KoTOR 2 at least had the decency to have a badass story, compelling character development, and a complete cluster fuck of a third act which proved that Obsidian got shafted on dev time at the end of production.  AP is just bad from top to bottom.

You're dead to me.

And for what should be the final warning: The games ending has leaked on instagram. So.... yeah.

Who are these douchebags, who feel the need to spoil everything before anyone else has a chance to play it for themselves?  Let's round them all up, put them in a line, and take turns kicking them in the nuts.

• Like 1

And for what should be the final warning: The games ending has leaked on instagram. So.... yeah.

Who are these douchebags, who feel the need to spoil everything before anyone else has a chance to play it for themselves?  Let's round them all up, put them in a line, and take turns kicking them in the nuts.

Considers calling for the return of the Beatdown Bus.

Thinks better of it because he likes it here.

I've been planning my build to the point where I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to be doing from levels 1-50.... yeah.

So, anyone wanna talk planned builds? My opening special is planned for...

S-3 

P-4

E-2 

C- 6

I- 6

A- 4

L- 3

I originally had A at 3, but the improvement to Mister Sandman (bonus damage on silenced weapons) was too good to pass up. My characters mindset is going to be "I'm going to make sure me and you don't have a problem, but if we DO have a problem, you are going to be dead before you know about it"

After seeing some of the videos from previous Fallout games about what some of the dialogue options and stuff look like when your character is. . .well, kind of an idiot. . .I'm almost afraid to make my Intelligence score too low. I generally don't have much use for luck when it comes to these sorts of games, though.

I want all the utility type perks and none of the lame ones like VANS or ammo/cap scrounger.  Somehow I think that local leader perk will just be worthless. So little is know about how the settlement shit actually works.  If it's just one of those fucking tower defense things where you'll get a call and have to fast travel back to shoot some bandits.....

Sneaking hasn't been fun in any of these new fallouts.  Outside you're just always exposed.  Inside, there's just never enough opportunity. Might have been improved but it's never had the playability that sneaking had in Elder Scrolls. I never thought Mr Sandman was useful in any way.  I wonder if you can still just pick up loose items in stores and carry them off to a shady corner to squat 'n' steal.

It's just going to be way too easy after the early game to invest in shit like percentile resistances, damage/critical boosts or that x3 experience boost shit.

Sneaking in Fallouts ain't shit compared to sneaking in Elder Scrolls, so he ain't wrong there. There are definitely opportunities to do some late night creepin' but they aren't what they are in Skyrim where just about every encounter can involve some elite stealth skillz. That's why I'm getting fools to sit on the dildo blender and smash their skulls in with 2x4s in this one. If it turns out sneaking gets a better shake than the last game then I'll think about a second build.

I've always considered agility a bitch ass elf dump stat, but I'm too much of a ninja enthusiast to not start with A-7 now and it's totally going to fuck everything else up

Booo!

Have always been a Rogue / Dexterity Fighter enthusiast and Fallout 3 was no exception. 

Sneak into Raider camp, everyone is dead before dawn, I take a nap in one of their beds, gather up their bottle caps, and make myself breakfast before moving on.

Sneaking in Fallouts ain't shit compared to sneaking in Elder Scrolls, so he ain't wrong there. There are definitely opportunities to do some late night creepin' but they aren't what they are in Skyrim where just about every encounter can involve some elite stealth skillz. That's why I'm getting fools to sit on the dildo blender and smash their skulls in with 2x4s in this one. If it turns out sneaking gets a better shake than the last game then I'll think about a second build.

Sneak actually worked realistically in Fallout3.   I liked hiding in plain sight in ES but it was totally stupid to avoid detection merely by crouching.

Crouch walking cross country in F3 sucked, but at least I was always the one firing the first shot in anger or reverse pickpocketing some scumbag and planting a grenade in his clothes.

Sneaking took a lot of strategy in F3.  I was a big believer in luring enemies through mine laden areas and setting up VATS assisted ambushes before going in and rummaging through their stuff and eating all of their food.

Picking off Super Mutants one at a time in the White House fucking ruled.  Hiding in a room, hearing a big boom from a tripped mine, and watching a dismembered pair of Super Mutant legs come flying past me never got old.  Looting a body part to pull up the dead Super Mutant's entire inventory was hysterical.

Sneak actually worked realistically in Fallout3.   I liked hiding in plain sight in ES but it was totally stupid to avoid detection merely by crouching.

Crouch walking cross country in F3 sucked, but at least I was always the one firing the first shot in anger.

Sneaking took a lot of strategy in F3.  I was a big believer in luring enemies through mine laden areas and setting up VATS assisted ambushes before going in and rummaging through their stuff and eating all of their food.

Picking off Super Mutants one at a time in the White House fucking ruled.  Hiding in a room, hearing a big boom from a tripped mine, and watching a dismembered pair of Super Mutant legs come flying past me never got old.

As someone who lives around and is very familiar with D.C. and all of their neighborhoods, I don't know if I'll ever have a better gaming experience than running through all the monuments killing Super Mutants.  Fallout 3 is probably my favorite game of all time, the only real competition is the Mass Effect series.  Honestly Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and Uncharted 2 is probably my Mount Rushmore, the last generation of games was so fucking great.  Hopefully Fallout 4 is the first in the next murderer's row of games.  My heart beats fast just thinking about it.