DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

What timed exclusives? Is the expansion pack on 12/9 not for all consoles?

PS got a bonus Crucible map, an extra strike on Mars, one exclusive set of armor for each class, three exclusive jumpships, and some exclusive weapons (ex.  Hawkmoon is PS only for now.).

There is also quite a bit of content for the DLC that will start off as PS only.

They can't be that significant though can they?

You've already got the content so of course it is not significant to you are the other PS guys.  OTOH, XBox guys are finding out quickly that we are rapidly running out of things to do and phat lewts to collect.

Since JT had mentioned - I looked today and I have only three more achievements I can get without touching the VoG (upgrading a Warlock, upgrading a Hunter and 50 ghosts)

I am 50/50 on how much grinding I want to do with the game still.

Now me, Mis and Chris just did a bunch of story stuff with our Alts since we were all at the same place and that was great but yeah - when I am by myself, I blow through the vanguard bounty stuff in like 30 minutes and then I am like "Well I guess I am doing the Crucible"

And if I am only going to be playing MP - I might as well go back to ME3 since I like that MP much much better

I'm not sure that the exclusive stuff would be significant enough for you guys if you're already at a point where you're kind of over the grind and running out of stuff to do.  It would just be another crucible map in the rotation etc and strike to go through. 

I would say that I'd feel the same way if I was already at level 30.  I'm not usually one to create additional characters or try to grind trophies to get a platinum.  I have no idea what trophies I'm missing at this point to be honest.  At the same time though I do really enjoy doing the raid and have yet to attempt it on hard mode so there's still plenty of replay quality for me.  I think the expansion pack is going to come at just the right time for me though. 

• Like 1

As hard and frustrating as it was, I'm actually dying to do the Raid again. It was unlike anything else I've played before. The amount of teamwork and COMMUNICATION needed was incredible.

• Like 4

Since JT had mentioned - I looked today and I have only three more achievements I can get without touching the VoG (upgrading a Warlock, upgrading a Hunter and 50 ghosts)

I am 50/50 on how much grinding I want to do with the game still.

Now me, Mis and Chris just did a bunch of story stuff with our Alts since we were all at the same place and that was great but yeah - when I am by myself, I blow through the vanguard bounty stuff in like 30 minutes and then I am like "Well I guess I am doing the Crucible"

And if I am only going to be playing MP - I might as well go back to ME3 since I like that MP much much better

Personally, id rather just keep doing bounties and such than do the crucible.

If there was a new game coming out in which i was interested, i might put this aside.

As hard and frustrating as it was, I'm actually dying to do the Raid again. It was unlike anything else I've played before. The amount of teamwork and COMMUNICATION needed was incredible.

I actually just finished the raid for the first time. I mentioned previously that my usual group consists of 2 not-so-good players who ruin it for us all. But this time around, my friend got us to join a pretty seasoned team. We used my Atheon checkpoint and wrecked him easily. 

I got an exotic auto rifle (Monte Carlo), a white armor shader and ascendant shards. Pretty happy. I feel like that was the true end game for me. 

Now I can take a break until the expansion. But it's hard to take a break from this when so many of my real friends I don't get to see anymore play this with me. I should really give my PS4 a breather though.

Well the Iron Banner is back - which was a little bit of a surprise to JT and I

According to JT (I haven't looked yet) but Iron Banner rep was reset

So Fuck Bungie

Okay - something is definitely up with it

When JT and I both were on (which was like 5:30 EST) Iron Banner was live

But now it isn't - this happened while we were on because the door suddenly closed and the bounties were gone.

Still no word from Bungie

UPDATE:

The event has been pulled by Bungie after being live for a few hours. Lord Saladin is gone, bounties are gone and the area at the back of The Tower has been closed off again.

Bungie has yet to communicate anything through official channels, but we’ll keep you posted.

Wishful thinking, but maybe the event is being reset and we'll get our Iron Banner rep returned? 

It took five matches, but my Warlock finally got through the Crucible stage of the Invective bounty and I have Damian Death to thank for slugging through The Nexus one more time to get the Clot of Darkness from the Weekly Strike.  My new Exotic Shotgun now sits in the bank waiting for me to figure out who I will give it to and with what load-out.

I really should level up my Titan to 20 so he can hold onto Invective.

The Weekly strike (normal and Nightfall) is Cerberus Vae III (I know it sucks), so if any brave souls want to help me get some Fusion Rifle murdering done so I can work towards completing Pocket Infinity, it would be most appreciated.

Daily Story Mission is The World's Grave. 

My Warlock alt has one more power to level up and he will be fully kitted out.  I've grown attached to him so I will probably keep him around instead of stripping his gear for shards and energy and then deleting him after I get the achievement for having all of his class abilities unlocked.

I wanted to burn my Crucible marks on a Sparrow, but I want to start upgrading Patience & Time, so I will have to buy a Heavy Weapon to swap out for Gjallerhorn.  The Bungie Gods really want me to do the Thorn EWB, so I suppose I should make sure that whatever Heavy Weapon I decide to get, it should do Void Damage. 

Once that is done, I will finally joint the Golf Bag of Death group that carries like five alternate load-outs all at once on them.

I got two Ascendant Energies in the Public Event this morning so my main load-out for my Hunter (Devil You Know, Final Boss, Gjallerhorn) is fully upgraded.

Got a legendary drop while doing the walker with my alt.

I thought "Sweet - I need to upgrade her defense"

And it turned into boots for my Titan

So more shards I guess...

Got a legendary drop while doing the walker with my alt.

I thought "Sweet - I need to upgrade her defense"

And it turned into boots for my Titan

So more shards I guess...

The last four Legendary Engrams that dropped ro me turned into Warlock armor.  I am hoping that the same luck holds for my Titan alt so he can waltz into a Legendary helmet, gauntlets and boots to go with the Exotic Chestpiece he already has,, but can't use yet since he is not 20th level.

I got to peek at Saladin's vendor stock before the event was temporarily shut down. 

He had a piece of armor in addition to the class item and the weapon for sale was Felwinter's Lie.  I didn't check to see what the Light bonus was on the item, so I am not sure if the rumors are true that Event Armor will be bumped up to +30 Light so that it is on par with Raid Armor.

If it starts up again, I may compete in more tournament Iron Banner matches now that I have Legendary weapons instead of Rare ones..   It would be nice to score on Timur's Lash or Efrideet's Spear, but with my luck I will get the super bulky jumpship shaped like a cube.

Bungie finally commented

BungieVerified account

‏@Bungie
Iron Banner went live this morning for an hour. It was not planned. It was the old version. We'll talk more about the official return soon.