DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I think I will miss our this time around, but Maybe I will get to play some Destiny tomorrow.  Doc says I need to stay overnight again for observation after they put a stint in a couple hours ago.

On the bright side, I haven't smoked a cigarette in 23 hours.  

This one wasn't rage induced from gaming ;)  and I haven't posted anything about it on Facebook because last time friends/family were being jay-brones.  

Hope everything goes well Mis

Get better Mis - I need you to drag me kicking and screaming through the weekly so I can finish this bounty

For whatever reason - the Crucible Gods really love me right now

I thought I had twice tied the crew record for kills with 27 but it turns out Mis has that with 28 now. (I also dropped in a 24 kill match)

I also got the +25 K/D needed as part of the Invective EWB

But the biggest thing was I got dropped BOTH Ice Breaker AND Suros Regime. I obviously already had Ice Breaker but now having a 2nd so I don't have to shuttle between my two characters is great.

Getting Suros Regime made me realize that I needed Legendary secondary weapons as it was either exotics or rares. So I bought the Comedian and I will buy a sniper rifle (don't know which one yet) so that when I am using Suros, I can have something with more kick in reserve

• Like 1

That's awesome Rippa, congrats!

I finished off my bounty for invective this morning, that's probably the easiest one I've done. Also finished Bad Juju which was just extremely tedious all around. Still waiting on finishing the last part of Thorn since a buddy of mine has the same bounty so we will kill Xyor together.

The void damage wasn't so bad because of Praedyths Revenge. I alternated that and a fusion rifle depending on the map. The fact that deaths result in negative points makes you play pretty cautious. I had a few matches above 2.0 k/d which isn't normal for me because it's hard to stop myself from running around like an idiot.

I'm planning on going into the raid on hard mode tomorrow night with a couple from my group. Hopefully I don't throw my controller through my television.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

Hopefully I don't throw my controller through my television.

I usually spike mine, fwiw.  

My wrist is pretty sore right now, my arm looks like someone smashed it with a baseball bat, but i was able to  knock out a few vanguard bounties and do the daily on both characters.  I bought the titan armor I think, from xur.  I wasn't feeling up to the crucible.  No PvP for a few days for me probably lol.  I got the devil you know for the second time for hitting rank with the vanguard, and immediately broke it down for energy, I still think Lord high fixer is the better hand cannon by the slightest margin because of the stability upgrade, and the active map while ads.  It has field scout on it as well, which would put the ammo count to 13, but I'd rather be able to put 11 rounds on target in quick succession more so than have a couple extra rounds.  

My alt got a legendary engram also while patrolling the Commodore, it was the final boss, the same rifle I got on my main for doing the nightfall this week.  

Getting rewards like a mofo mis. Nice. I didn't like lord high fixer as much as TDYK but my LHF was from a drop so it didn't have the same perks.

I got Truth a week or two ago from the raid so I didn't have to buy it this week from Xur but for anyone on the fence about it I will say this- if you play a lot of crucible it's amazing. Otherwise for pve I'd rather use the exotic slot for icebreaker or a primary. It is boss in pvp though. I used it a lot in my exotic bounty for getting void kills in crucible. You fire it in the direction of an enemy, you're getting a kill.

Earlier this week, I had nothing but blue weapons. In the last three or four days, I've gotten the Proxima Centauri II from leveling up in the Vanguard, Light/Beware from a blue engram, bought Truth from Xur and the Comedian, and completed the EWB's for Super Good Advice and Bad Juju.

My arsenal went from ehhhhhh to 'eyyyyyyyy.

• Like 1

It was amusing last night as Mark and I were doing the Venus Patrols and kill Vex Ultra/Majors bounties at the same time.

So we are going around killing stuff on Venus and one of the scans send me over to an area that doesn't really look familiar to me but I am not really paying attention. Mark is staying behind in that area that has a constant Vex/Fallen battle raging and where a Cyclops will randomly spawn. No big deal.

So I get to the scan and as I am doing it - I notice a bunch of other high dudes around killing Vex and I keep seeing some message like "Vex have taken over the scanning plate" or something like that. 

I suddenly realize that I am at the entrance of the fucking Vault of Glass. And I am yelling at Mark ABORT! ABORT! to get the hell out of that area - especially since I was doing it with my alt. I of course promptly blew myself up as I rocket launched an axis Minotaur that spawned right next to me in a panic.

I guess I really should watch a VoG video just to see what the hell happens in it.

Well, tried hard mode last night. Pretty brutal. We were all level 29s though and had two that didn't really contribute much at all. Couldn't Eben get past the conflux part of the Templar.

Tried again today with some randoms. Two were level 30. We got past the Templar part without a ton of trouble. Still had plenty of wipes but it didn't feel too brutal. Couldn't keep the group together after that though. One guy had to leave and would be back in ten minutes so we waited. Then another guy had to leave for a few. We were always a man down. Couldn't get a rhythm going on the gatekeepers.

Finally hit level 29.  After struggling to upgrade my exotic chest piece, I just used the vanguard marks I was saving up to get two legendary armor pieces and just broke em down to get enough Ascendant Shards to finish upgrading the armor.  

Now I just need to get some more Raid gear.

• Like 1

Weekly/Nightfall is the Winter's Run

Doing this with my alt is going to be annonying

I still need to do that for my exotic bounty if you and JT are on this afternoon.

That is the reason I need to do it too (and the only reason I am using my alt for it)

I will be on - I don't know about JT

Working on the Thorn EWB

At the void damage in the Crucible part and it definitely is "easier" now that I know what I am doing. And the fact that I have a legendary shotgun and rocket launcher that do void damage.

Plus - I totally spaced that if I switch to defender as my Titan - the grenade and melee each count as void damage too.

I at 45 of 500 right now - consider the highest I got the last time was 9 - I am pleased

• Like 1

Had a nice crucible match of 23 kills and 2 deaths with a 20 kill streak this morning. It was all with a sniper rifle. I went to get special ammo and there was a door across the way and fools kept coming out of it. Especially when I kept killing them immediately lol.

Maintenance scheduled for Thursday morning g/afternoon

On Thursday, November 13th, we’ll be taking Destiny offline for several hours. This totally planned service outage will enable us to prepare for the arrival of a series of updates planned for the next few weeks. During this time, you’ll be unable to play Destiny. We're sorry about the interruption, but it's for the greater good.

Once services are restored, your experience as a player will be unchanged. The updates we’re making will be on our side, so you won’t need to download or install a new batch of content. This work will help us pave the way for the progress that was foretold in the last Weekly Update.

The maintenance window begins around 8AM Pacific.

We'll be done by (or shortly after) Noon, if all goes according to plan.

We know you’re anxiously waiting for all the good stuff we promised. This is the beginning of that work. To receive updates on our progress, follow us on Twitter, or just follow the banner headlines atop the Bungie.net forums.

Pardon our dust!

Another raid gone and again, not one piece of raid gear. That's 4 times now. But hey, I have 3 Chatterwhite shaders...

I'm really annoyed. Almost to the point of quitting. And tonight I only walked away with Chatterwhite and Shards. To make matters worse, 3 of us in our group of 6, me included, haven't received any raid gear. Our group has also run the raid 6 times, but I was only there 4 of those times, so 2 out of us 3 are now 0 for 6. It's bullshit.

Another raid gone and again, not one piece of raid gear. That's 4 times now. But hey, I have 3 Chatterwhite shaders...

I'm really annoyed. Almost to the point of quitting. And tonight I only walked away with Chatterwhite and Shards. To make matters worse, 3 of us in our group of 6, me included, haven't received any raid gear. Our group has also run the raid 6 times, but I was only there 4 of those times, so 2 out of us 3 are now 0 for 6. It's bullshit.

Crazy. Shit is random and just doesn't seem right sometimes. I did it tonight as well and got only shards and energies and the ship at the end. That was it. All I need to hit level 30 are the damn gauntlets.

The only thing I don't like is that you only get stuff once per week. I understand why, but at least let me farm the raid for rep. Give me something. I enjoy playing it a lot but don't want to play it for nothing.

It's definitely frustrating. I've lost count on how many times I've done the raid. Definitely over 5 at this point. No armor. I've gotten weapons, but I just want some gear to attempt hitting level 30. 

One chest wouldn't even open for about 4 of us. A glitched chest. Really?! I'm usually the most relaxed person in my group but I was in a pretty bad mood during this particular raid tonight.

Working on the Thorn EWB

At the void damage in the Crucible part and it definitely is "easier" now that I know what I am doing. And the fact that I have a legendary shotgun and rocket launcher that do void damage.

Plus - I totally spaced that if I switch to defender as my Titan - the grenade and melee each count as void damage too.

I at 45 of 500 right now - consider the highest I got the last time was 9 - I am pleased

Yeah, I will be investing in the 77 Wizard and I already have Truth my vault in prep for having to deal with the Thorn EWB.

I am 7850 out of 10K on Bad Juju.  I don't think that Pocket infinity is going to get worked on this week since the Nightfall strike has Void Burn and Lightswitch.   Taking 90 minutes to kill the Archon Priest with bug bites from underneath the far platform of the courtyard is not my idea of fun.

The Weekly version of that strike is 10 times harder thanks to Lightswitch.   I had the Vex Minds bounty up and killed the required 10 Ultras / Majors not even ten minutes into the strike.

I am at just under 200 of 500 when I ended last night.

I have reached a point where even my shitty shitty matches don't destroy my score that much.

I thought I would get cute and do a Rumble since then I could just shoot anything that moves. Problem was that I got placed in with 5 guys who all had Vault gear and might have even been in the same clan.

And since I am stubborn - I didn't quit out. And even with my less than .20 K/D ratio, my score only dropped 10 points on the bounty.

So I know now it is doable - just a grind.

I am at just under 200 of 500 when I ended last night.

I have reached a point where even my shitty shitty matches don't destroy my score that much.

I thought I would get cute and do a Rumble since then I could just shoot anything that moves. Problem was that I got placed in with 5 guys who all had Vault gear and might have even been in the same clan.

And since I am stubborn - I didn't quit out. And even with my less than .20 K/D ratio, my score only dropped 10 points on the bounty.

So I know now it is doable - just a grind.

The absolute optimal way is to get your clan together into two fireteams and have a gentleman's agreement where you engineer wins for all teammates to get medals for Rumble wins while everyone takes the bullet for your clan bro who is working the bounty.

If that is not an option, most "expert players" who get that bounty say that it is best to compete in Control matches since they last longer and you have more opportunities to kill other players.