DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

So when do we get a third subclass?

I would guess that arrives with one of the two DLC... er... Expansion Packs:  The Dark Within or The House of Wolves.

We are also rumored to be getting some content that involves The Nine.

How far are you along Mark and Robert?

Is there anyone else on the 360 side?

That would give us six.  We need more Titan/Warlock.  As it is now, we have 3 hunters (JT, Damien, and myself).  

Think my warlock is level 22 at present.  I may not progress much from where I am now.  I have no clue how any of the leveling/marks/coins/light/shards, etc shit works at this point, and I'm not sure I care enough to figure it out.  I do know I finally got my first purple thing from the creepy asshole in the city, and it turned out to be for a hunter.

Yeah - it's cute that mis thinks we are ever going to do Vault of Glass

I mean I am just proud of myself to be able to hang with Josh when he wants to do the daily heroic mission.

Funnily - JT talks about want to do all Crucible. I need to do like all Vanguard to try and cap my score and get that achievement this week.

My problem was that I had so many bounties in the Crucible to collect - I spent longer than I wanted to in there this weekend.

Yeah - it's cute that mis thinks we are ever going to do Vault of Glass

I mean I am just proud of myself to be able to hang with Josh when he wants to do the daily heroic mission.

Funnily - JT talks about want to do all Crucible. I need to do like all Vanguard to try and cap my score and get that achievement this week.

My problem was that I had so many bounties in the Crucible to collect - I spent longer than I wanted to in there this weekend.

I only had like eight more Vanguard Marks to earn and I did that on Saturday morning while my kid was eating breakfast and my girlfriend ironed her clothes in prep for us heading out for the day to go to the big 2nd Street Festival in the RIC.  I just ran around gathering Helium Filaments on the Moon until two Public Events cycled through.

Earning 40 Crucible Marks in one afternoon without going insane is going to be tough.

Vault of Glass seems sooooooooo very far away given my loadout and my limited gameplay schedule on weekends.

I've still got Rare weapons and have no idea if I am willing to endure the grind to Vanguard 3 or Crucible 3 to spend Marks on Purple weapons and THEN suffering through the Daily / Weekly events it will take to earn enough materials to fully upgrade all of my shit.

Think my warlock is level 22 at present.  I may not progress much from where I am now.  I have no clue how any of the leveling/marks/coins/light/shards, etc shit works at this point, and I'm not sure I care enough to figure it out.  I do know I finally got my first purple thing from the creepy asshole in the city, and it turned out to be for a hunter.

The currency system is pretty complicated, but if you bring the pointer over certain areas of your inventory screen, it will bring up bubble help that gives you definitions about stuff. 

You can learn about what Marks, Shards, and Glimmer are used for without too much heartburn.

You know - I am having an easier time disposing of the folks on Mars than Venus.

That being said - Relic Shards can kiss my ass. I think I have only found like 2 out in the wild. The rest have been via treasure chests.

You know - I am having an easier time disposing of the folks on Mars than Venus.

That being said - Relic Shards can kiss my ass. I think I have only found like 2 out in the wild. The rest have been via treasure chests.

Yeah I have heard complaints that Relic Iron is too hard to come by.  Relic Iron and Helium Fragments are probably the most farmed items in the game.

I will start dealing with The Cabal this week after I take time to do a bit of Dead Ghost hunting on Venus.

I played through three of the moon missions last night. After the first one, I realized that the moon is where playing Solo is not a good idea any longer, so a buddy of mine and I wreaked havoc on the next two missions.

I really want to just keep the Sword of Crota on me at all times.

I might be on PS4 for awhile tonight instead of RAW. I think I might just work through some crucible bounties, however, unless I find someone wanting to help me finish knocking out some of these moon missions.

I just haven't had the time to play this game in the last week.

It is encouraging that the level cap seems to have held strong in the time I've been gone.

I did finally figure out that I need to be doing as many bounties as possible.  I got on for about an hour last night and managed to do almost all the non-crucible bounties.  Helped that I could complete 3 by doing a playthrough of the Devil's lair.  Also got two different bounties for killing 10 fallen majors.

I've never even been in the crucible, so there's the crucible bounties just sit there.  I've done 900 GAT5 deathmatches, but I'm avoiding their Destiny equivalent.

Finished the story a few days ago.

The only reason I knew the ending was the ending was because the game told me it was.  I killed that big heart thing (as soon as I saw those damn statues I knew damn well I that heart would be inhabiting them, and I'd have to kill them off.  Boss battle 101).  Then the boss man started telling me that was it.  Apparently those terminator/dinosaur things just wanted to go home, and somehow preventing them from doing that was the endgame.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been paying very close attention, but I have no clue why anything is happening.  Who are all these different bad guys, and why are they so pissed off at one another?  Why is Venus full of things terminators?  Why is Mars overrun with giant armadillos that walk on two legs?  Who was the mystery woman and why does she keep helping and saying cryptic shit?  Why is the queen's brother such a douche, and when do I get to shoot him in the face?

I am finally starting not to suck in the Crucible. rippa and i did a couple last night and i think finished third on our team. I still need to kill two guardians with my Super to get that bounty.

I did also learn the value of double dipping bounties, like the 200 headshot kills for thre Queen and 100 precision kills bounty.

SHIT! I had Saturday and Sunday night to work on getting rank 2 with the Queen and I fell asleep both nights. I feel like I wasted a bunch of time now because I'm assuming that once the Queen is gone, all your progress is gone, unless she returns or something.

So I guess the lesson is don't get invested with a special event unless you're 100% sure you can see it through.

I might be on PS4 for awhile tonight instead of RAW. I think I might just work through some crucible bounties, however, unless I find someone wanting to help me finish knocking out some of these moon missionas.

I have worked 7 straight days so unless I am called in tonight I will be on after the kids are put to bed. I am closer to the Greggulator side of enjoying the WWE but even I am starting to get bored with RAW.

I might be on PS4 for awhile tonight instead of RAW. I think I might just work through some crucible bounties, however, unless I find someone wanting to help me finish knocking out some of these moon missionas.

I have worked 7 straight days so unless I am called in tonight I will be on after the kids are put to bed. I am closer to the Greggulator side of enjoying the WWE but even I am starting to get bored with RAW.

I'm still invested, but RAW has become border-line unwatchable these days. I tend to DVR it now and watch what's interesting in about 30 minutes.

I think our reputations with the Queen of the Reef will remain intact until her emissary returns. We just can't make any progress on it until her diplomat returns.

I never thought about "queen of the reef" until now. #beavisandbutthead

Crucible Monday yielded huge dividends.  I unlocked three achievements, including the one for maxing out Crucible Marks.

I am now on top of the 360 Leaderboards for Total Kills and Longest Kill Spree thanks to a miracle Clash match where everything seemed to go right for our team a change.

I checked out the player profiles of the guys we fought during that massacre and we were their first Crucible match opponents.  Welcome to Destiny, guys!  Sorry about your damn luck.

Lord Saladin is in the hizzous and the Iron Banner tournament is going to run for the next two weeks.  The PvP bounties involved are ridiculous.  I am tempted to jump into a Iron Banner match just to see if I earn another Grimoire card for my deck, but it will be obvious suicide given my shitty Blue weapons and I am sure my team would hate me for dying once every three seconds..

• Like 2

God that other clan was super shitty. 

Team DVDVR showed them what's up

My sad only goal right now is to best my high of 22 kills in a single Crucible match.

I had a 18 and a 16 last night.

Must punch more dudes in the face...

God that other clan was super shitty. 

Team DVDVR showed them what's up

My sad only goal right now is to best my high of 22 kills in a single Crucible match.

I had a 18 and a 16 last night.

Must punch more dudes in the face...

I kept having my killstreaks shut down when I was on Murder #2 or 3 in the series and their Warlocks kept themselves scarce, otherwise I'd have also unlocked the achievement for killing a Warlock, a Titan, and a Hunter in the same match without dying. 

Their Warlocks were no where to be found when I was on my 10 Player Killstreak. I kept running into the two Hunters of their group.

Destiny Patch 1.0.2.1 is being applied now and the servers are scheduled to be down for several hours.  You can't access the Legend, Tower, or Grimoire pages at Bungie.net.

Here are the release notes:

Summary

Most of the changes included in this update will improve the technology that enables players to connect to Destiny. The player experience will remain unchanged, aside from the stability for some users who have encountered issues connecting to servers.

Client fixes
  • Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
  • Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
  • Improved logging of player disconnections
  • Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
  • Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
  • Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons

Server Fixes
  • Security fixes
  • Server performance improvements
  • Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
  • Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
  • Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters

Has anyone else come across the public event with the unkillable fallen captain? I've come across him twice and no matter what I do he won't take any damage. I don't know if they're trying to stop people from farming public events or what, but it's frustrating when you need to gold three public events.

• Like 1

Has anyone else come across the public event with the unkillable fallen captain? I've come across him twice and no matter what I do he won't take any damage. I don't know if they're trying to stop people from farming public events or what, but it's frustrating when you need to gold three public events.

That was the guy we were talking about earlier in the thread.

You really can't damage him until you are a higher level/better weapons.

Ironically enough - last night I killed him for the first time.

Me and a random dude totally Total Eliminated him with our Supers. I felt bad because we did it so quick - JT wasn't in the area yet to get credit for it.