DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

They better live up to their promise of fixing the loot drops and not making the encrypted engrams and their color random.  When I say "they better," not like I can make them or anything.  The game is already very successful.  But seriously, like get it together.

• Like 2

Took a couple more shots at the Crucible. Did not go well. Lot of me getting murderdeathkilled by dudes doing little more than tapping me on the shoulder.

I need to significantly upgrade myself before I spend too much more time in there.

• Like 1

I just logged on and a message popped up about how the "game world was going to reboot soon" and that there might be some interruptions

EDIT - Yup I keep getting booted after about a minute of anything so tonight might end up being ME3 until the game starts

From 5:45

Bungie Help
‏@BungieHelp
We're actively investigating issues signing into Destiny on all platforms. If you've been affected, please try to sign in again.

And then that is followed by lots of responses that go "Maybe you should stop fixing things that weren't broken"

• Like 2

Here is my post to Bungie, on the Bungie forums.

bungieday_05.jpg?cv=3983621405&av=275474
misanthrope304
4h 50m ago
Dear Bungie,

I played the Beta of this and I loved it. I was lucky enough to have the OPPORTUNITY to purchase a ghost edition. I also purchased a standard edition at the Midnight launch. I've upgraded a second xbox to be able to play this game with family.

Just a suggestion, but instead of fixing shit that isn't broken....fix some shit that is broken, like the endless stream of disconnects. Or every Legendary engram that I've picked up in the game turning out to be a rare blue (I'm at 27 - Hunter, thanks, they work well on Devil's Lair at level 8, not so much in the vault). How about a hot patch for Centipede, you know, that won't mess up 3 other things?

Or do you just not want people playing your game? Too busy counting your money and figuring out which one of your employees you will be screwing over next?

Honestly, Borderlands 2 will be out soon. I know that will drop some loot and be an enjoyable gameplay exprerience.
  • Like 1

I silvered that one solo, but at the Treasure Cave you can generally count on at least two other level 20+ players there, so that gets dealt with pretty handily.

Wait - you can finish those and not get gold? I've never got anything that wasn't Gold or Fail (when it was stop a guy, who we couldn't stop - mostly because I only got in with 42 seconds left).

Umm, i....i recant my bitching.

Tonight I got a legendary hand cannon (level three vanguard), picked up a legendary chest armor from an engram during a vanguard strike (tiger, whatever one is the highest level, me and a random ran it, third guy showed up at the end, got two kills and an assist, and got a mote of light awarded at the end and a blue engram), legendary sniper rifle (queens mission, award at the end), another legendary helmet (queens mission). Then I bought the exotic auto rifle, and got the third man exotic helmet in an engram.

I think I'm ready to finish the vault now.

Umm, i....i recant my bitching.

Tonight I got a legendary hand cannon (level three vanguard), picked up a legendary chest armor from an Ingram running a vanguard strike (tiger, whatever one is the highest level, me and another guy ran it, third guy showed up at the end, got two kills and an assist, and got a mote of light awarded at the end), legendary sniper rifle (queens mission, award at the end), another legendary helmet (queens mission). Then I bought the exotic auto rifle, and got the third man exotic helmet in an engram.

I think I'm ready to finish the vault now. They have definitely turned up the drops, and my legendary Ingram turned out to be a chest piece I can use!

Had I not fully upgraded the one I have now

I went through a couple of the queens bounties last night.  The first one was with a couple friends that already had done one and wanted me to do a quick one so we could do the mission.  It was the one where you have to defeat Riksis in the cosmodrome.  They said it was super quick and they were right.  Ran right through it and completed the bounty in a just a couple minutes.  But we got disconnected before doing the mission and they went to watch the football game.  So another couple of friends got on and I did the same thing with them, ran them through the Riksis bounty.  So we go to that mission in the cosmodrome and it spawns us right there at the part where you fight Riksis.  Done in about 30 seconds.  Did two queens story missions and got a helmet that I could use and then got the same helmet again.  But they were quick for sure.  I just need two more strange coins so I can buy something from that creepy dude in the tower this weekend. 

I'm slightly pissed about the loot cave, slightly more pissed that the voice chat still isn't what it should be, and slightly more pissed that you can't get the ascendent shards from breaking down queens gear.  But even so, it's still a hell of a game and I'm not close to feeling like it's too much of a grind and I don't want to play it.  It's pretty much become a nightly ritual since the game came out.  Get home, play with the kids, feed the kids, bathe the kids, put them to bed, eat dinner, watch something with the wife, wife goes to bed, and then play Destiny for a couple hours.  A lot of the enjoyment comes from the fact that there are options for leveling up.  And now that I'm a bit higher with better gear, the crucible matches have been very competitive and a lot of fun. 

How did I sound that short but we were running together? You came through pretty clear.

Also, where is the creepy tower guy?

Anyway, Destiny is fucking with me. I think I had a dream about getting a purple item.

God - I am getting really irritated at myself as often the only time I die in a mission is because I drive my god damn sparrow off a cliff.

Glad it's not just me, though I also have to include jumping off a cliff like a dumbass.

Yeah, done that a few times myself, usually prefaced by "Yeah, I can make that jump" going through my brain.

How did I sound that short but we were running together? You came through pretty clear.

Also, where is the creepy tower guy?

Anyway, Destiny is fucking with me. I think I had a dream about getting a purple item.

Xur is downstairs in the bar area under the shipwright, where dead orbit and the vanguard dude is that sells Dr. Nope (which I just purchased, and I will use to deal death in the PvP  and PvE).  I really like the exotic auto rifle I got from Xur.  It purs like a kitten while cutting through fallen like a hot knife through butter.

Check Me Out!

Weekly Update!

Plans were made to finish the Vault of Glass tonight...Hopefully I don't experience any hiccups and we can actually do this.  Still worried they may go without me, even though I was showing off my shiny new gun and helmet 

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

Thoughts on Xur:

So, he'll give you exotic engrams in exchange for Motes of Light, "A spark of the Traveller's light."

So, basically you're giving bits of the Traveller to the shadiest motherfucker in the Tower.

Story-wise, is your character supposed to be completely fucking stupid? Because that would explain a lot.

It would explain why Dinklebot is so condescending to you. He didn't actually bring you back from the dead, he just found you lying on the ground in Russia in a puddle of your own feces.

I finally got to try out Salvage

God did it fucking suck.

Now this is most likely due to me and the Level 17 dude where abandoned by our third as the match loaded - so it was the 2 of us vs. a full team of three that consisted of a Level 25, Level 26 and a Level 27

Oh and all three just camped the heavy ammo.

So that was a long fucking 8 minutes

Thoughts on Xur:

So, he'll give you exotic engrams in exchange for Motes of Light, "A spark of the Traveller's light."

So, basically you're giving bits of the Traveller to the shadiest motherfucker in the Tower.

Story-wise, is your character supposed to be completely fucking stupid? Because that would explain a lot.

It would explain why Dinklebot is so condescending to you. He didn't actually bring you back from the dead, he just found you lying on the ground in Russia in a puddle of your own feces.

Have you looked closely at some of the shit the Speaker sells for Motes of Light?  There is one Hunter cloak for a cult or something that hates the traveler or some bullshit. I found it strange that the speaker would sell such items.