DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

About an hour or two into Dark Souls II and....visually yuck. It's like a really hi-res PS2 game. The level design isn't as robust as Dark Souls or even Demon's Souls. FROM Software and Namco have somehow Aliens Colonial Marines us into getting it. UGH.

EDIT: I realize NOW that this is meant for the 2014 video game thread. I'll just leave it like this but mention that I too am getting FFX|X-2 HD.

Devs of Dragon Age - Inquisition have confirmed that in addition to human, elf, and dwarven races, you will also have the option to be a horned Qunari.  I am looking forward to most of my dialogue consisting of, "No."

Devs also want "world conistancy" by allowing players to import saves from Origins and DA2 cross platform (for those of that get rid of the PS3s and 360s) but they have not figured out how that will work.

I think there is something called Dragon Keep that is supposed to be helping with things like that.

Yes. While I have not yet been invited to the beta, there are people on Tumblr who have, who say it's basically a way to "recreate" your saves (I guess checkboxes/dropdown choices), which would then be used for whatever minor things it would influence. This way they don't have to try to make something for every platform.

See this is where they will fucking get me

DON'T MAKE ME REPLAY DRAGON AGE 2 JUST SO I CAN IMPORT MY SELECTIONS!!!

I am already breaking out into hives...

See this is where they will fucking get me

DON'T MAKE ME REPLAY DRAGON AGE 2 JUST SO I CAN IMPORT MY SELECTIONS!!!

I am already breaking out into hives...

I threw up a little yesterday at the prospect of finding a used copy of DA2 and enduring the shitty gameplay just to tailor my decision tree and carry it over into Inquisition..

That would also mean I would have to go back and beat DA:O also after abandoning it when I heard about DA2's game killing bugs. 

This gets worse the more I think about it.

I want to be a Qunari Warrior but DA:O's Rogue centric gameplay makes me fear Inquisition.  More specifically, the initial rogue builds for Lelianna and Zevran are so shitty that you are forced to be your own trap finder / lockpicker.  Alistair and Sten got to wear all of the cool heavy armor.

Somebody needs to run a side business creating custom saves for people that hated DA2 to the point of quitting.  I got through the thing twice myself, including once with my rogue nearly completely immobile due to that damn bug.  Not surprisingly, the game was much easier the second time when I could actually move for the last half of it.

I still can't believe a bug that big made it into the release.  I understand shit happens - the company I work for was responsible for possibly the most notorious hardware bug of all time after all - but something that big should have been caught long before it went into production.

I actually slogged through till the final battle - then discovered that somehow Fenris wasn't "loyal" enough (or whatever you want to call it) so I lost him and I was infuriated because I realized I was going to have to go back and replay a large chunk of the game (with the bug!) and then that is when I finally punted.

I think the thing that infuriated me the most about the bug was how early it took place in the game and how easy it was to get but you wouldn't realize your actions was cause the problem until much further into the game. Like I discovered I had it at the start of Act III (though in hindsight I knew it was happening later in Act II)

And then the eventual bug was like "Yeah - sorry we FUBARed your save files... you are going to have to start all over"

See now I am doing it again. I am getting filled with rage AND the desire to actually finish the game. GOD DAMN YOU BIOWARE!!!!

• Like 1

It got fixed a month or two after release, so you may not have seen it.

If you had Hawke as Rogue, you get a slight speed increase every time Isabella is in your party (I think only if she's loyal, or whatever term the use for DA2).  Every time she leaves, your speed reduces by that same amount.  In the original release, they screwed up on the speed reductions, and made them cumulative.  So if you swapped Isabella out of your party 50 times, you got hit with 50 speed reductions.  I swapped people out all the time, so by the end Hawke could barely move in combat.  It was pretty much a game breaking bug.

Yeah - that was it with just two points of clarity.

It was Isabella or Sebastian and it happened no matter what class you played as - not just Rogues

What was even sadder/more frustrating was that the gamers themselves had to figure out what was causing the problems because Bioware kept insisting their wasn't anything wrong.

That is pretty damn pitiful. Reading about the amount of bugs in both Origins and DAII has honestly been the most disappointing thing to me about either game. Its what worries me most about Inquisition.

I actually slogged through till the final battle - then discovered that somehow Fenris wasn't "loyal" enough (or whatever you want to call it) so I lost him and I was infuriated because I realized I was going to have to go back and replay a large chunk of the game (with the bug!) and then that is when I finally punted.

I think the thing that infuriated me the most about the bug was how early it took place in the game and how easy it was to get but you wouldn't realize your actions was cause the problem until much further into the game. Like I discovered I had it at the start of Act III (though in hindsight I knew it was happening later in Act II)

And then the eventual bug was like "Yeah - sorry we FUBARed your save files... you are going to have to start all over"

See now I am doing it again. I am getting filled with rage AND the desire to actually finish the game. GOD DAMN YOU BIOWARE!!!!

I was so pissed about the game killer bug that I never even bothered to finish Origins, much less get DA2.  I am not sure I want to lose two months of my life just to have a custom storyline in a franchise that isn't Mass Effect.

The persistant bugs found in this franchise really burn me up.  Origins has a shitload of glitches that never got fixed.  The inaccurate Codex entries are infuriating because I am one of those nerds that actually reads the Codex for backstory and counts on the Adventure Journal to get me back up to speed after I've put down the game for a few days to play something else.

I mean Jesus.  WHY CAN'T MY ELF'S EARS LOOK LIKE EVERYONE ELSES~? WHY ARE THEY GLUED TO THE SIDE OF MY HEAD~?

I want to be a Qunari Warrior but DA:O's Rogue centric gameplay makes me fear Inquisition.  More specifically, the initial rogue builds for Lelianna and Zevran are so shitty that you are forced to be your own trap finder / lockpicker.  Alistair and Sten got to wear all of the cool heavy armor.

I have a sick desire for there to be Qunari rogues in the next game, just to see how many people are offended.

I have a sick desire for there to be Qunari rogues in the next game, just to see how many people are offended.

11746979.jpg

• Like 1

Warrior mystique and all that.  I was just teasing JT, but I'm guessing there would be people out there who would be legitimately upset by the idea of a Qunari that didn't fit their idea of what one should be - basically a noble warrior bound by an immutable code of honor.